Become a Patron!

goblin rta leaking

I've rewicked/rebuilt this thing numerous times and it always slowly leaks from the fill screw. Any ideas why it's doing this? All the reviews i've seen say this thing doesn't leak i wick mine the same way stuffing the channels and all it does is leak.

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mines still leak free after a week. I do tighten my fill screw pretty tight. Still on first wicking. If it's leaking from the fill screw your build shouldnt have anything to do with it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There should be a wee o-ring on that fill screw. Once any kind of lube is present on a metal to metal contact...it no longer has integrity.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The o-ring on the fill screw or the lack of it is the problem. Our Fogged out Friar is correct.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's no o-ring on the Goblin fill screw. It's more of a plug shape than a typical screw. I've not had any leaks at all from the screw (except for the time I forgot to put it back in after filling -- huge mess!). If you're getting leaks from the screw it could be that the threading is messed up. You could try putting a very small piece of teflon tape on the threads to help serve as a gasket and make a better seal. Unfortunately, there's no spare fill plug in the spares kit that comes with the Goblin.

But, are you 100% sure the leak is coming from the fill hole and is not juice that's coming from the air hole and traveling down via surface tension so that it looks like it's coming from the fill hole? Leaks from the air holes are not uncommon in any RTA and are usually due to wicking issues.

It seems it was a wicking issue, the way I have it setup now it's not leaking anymore. The leak was definitely coming from around the fill screw, kinda surprised a wicking issue would cause it to leak from there. Thanks for the replies.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anybody have a lead where these are in stock? Just did a quick Google search and like 5 or 6 places had no stock and I have no patience to wait unfortunately! Or do I need to learn some?

I advise waiting, unless you want to be like the high bidder on a Goblin auction i was watching. The winning bid was $115! I'd imagine you have a bit more patience than that guy...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I advise waiting, unless you want to be like the high bidder on a Goblin auction i was watching. The winning bid was $115! I'd imagine you have a bit more patience than that guy...

Damn - -I should have bought a bunch of them when Triangle had them in stock, and sold them on ebay!

But, if anyone wants one, I'll let mine go for only $99.95 and throw in free shipping. Plus, unlike those nasty new ones with their machine oil smell, mine comes with a soft, delicate scent of caramel and vanilla. It's also been tested to see if it will survive a drop, and has the ding on the top cap to prove that the test was properly conducted.

Act now - supplies are limited!

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have about 75 or 80 dollars more patience than that guy I think! And while there is something to be said for a pre steeped RTA, my small army of Russians and kayfuns and lemos and whatever else is in all those sheoboxes will have to do for now i guess Thx for the info though.

vaporholic-gringo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eciggity had them instock the other day. But I must say from the few reviews they have on their page people are have problems with the terminal screws. IMO ill continue buying silverplays

Ok, I ran with a ton of different atty's, got stuck on the Kayfun 4's for quite a while. took some time to get them just right but once i got it, they were great. Or so I thought. got a Goblin clone cheap, and had all the mysterious leaking issues described above. Threw it aside for a month or two ten decided to give it one more try. Likje the Kayfuns, the Goblin works on the vacuum principle. If you want proof of where it leaks(not saying it couldn't be the fill hole/screw, but that's not the most common cause), take a piece of paper towel, make a hole big enough for the 510 post and screw it back onto your mod or wick building setup or whatever. in ten minutes, unscrew it and see where the liquid is REALLY coming from. most likely from between the base and the airflow ring. you actually DO need a little wick in the liquid holes at the bottom of the inner well. Just enough to help the vacuum a little bit. If you want a little tighter draw, go for the bottom layer method. My preference is to trim my wick(cotton is my choice) so i can push just a very small mount into the holes, as in it looks like you could easily push two or three times more wick into the holes. It doesn't seem at all like enough to make a difference, but on the three I own, all hadd the problem and all were rectified by this tiny change. Once it doesn't leak, it is one of the best around and can be had for under $30. I personally run a dual coil using 30 guage Kanthal @ .-.9 watts and 14-17 watts. It blows clouds like a dripper, even using 50/50 vg/pg...

VU Sponsors