Become a Patron!

Good Morning a new vapor here

Danette

Member For 4 Years
Well I am now 16 days without a cig and its getting better everyday. I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 43 years. I have tried everything to quit and nothing worked. About a year ago I tried an ecig and didnt like it not enough vapor, taste etc for me to give up my cigs for but I kept trying bought different ones hoping to find the one finally tried a cool fire 4 plus and a tobecco mini tank and finally vapor and flavor. OMG within days went from 20 cigs a day to 2 or 4 then when they just started tasting nasty I gave them up. My grandbabies are excited I am sadden by the changes that could be coming and have wrote message after message to the powers that be. I work in domestic violence and go to the missouri state capital alot when there and just BS'ing I discuss vaping alot. Some of our senators actually vape.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations kicking the cigs to the curb, and welcome aboard.....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I smoked for 40 years, was able to quit the same day I began vaping, about 18 months ago. Vaping works, big pharms crap doesn't.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Congrats on kicking the cig habit!:)

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I smoked for 40 years, was able to quit the same day I began vaping, about 18 months ago. Vaping works, big pharms crap doesn't.
That's why they are pushing the FDA to choke us with regulations down our throats.

Danette

Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for the welcome. I am enjoying reading in the forum. So much information there ... Had to get my new reading glasses on. So far I am not missing the cigarettes and hopefully this will continue. My 18 yr old grand daughter talked me into this My local Vape shop young men have been a fantastic support. They have been ever so patient explaining every little thing, helping me to change coils etc. I am getting the hang of but has been a slow process. Trying to learn all the little stuff and what they mean like what the hell is an RDA etc. I just leanred last year what LOL, LMAO etc meant last year. Oh well learning is always a good thing.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the V/U family congrats on your quit lots of friendly and supportive folks here.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Congrats on quitting the stinky's, in 2 weeks it will be 2 years for me.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for the welcome. I am enjoying reading in the forum. So much information there ... Had to get my new reading glasses on. So far I am not missing the cigarettes and hopefully this will continue. My 18 yr old grand daughter talked me into this My local Vape shop young men have been a fantastic support. They have been ever so patient explaining every little thing, helping me to change coils etc. I am getting the hang of but has been a slow process. Trying to learn all the little stuff and what they mean like what the hell is an RDA etc. I just leanred last year what LOL, LMAO etc meant last year. Oh well learning is always a good thing.

Welcome to VU:wave:
Congrats on finding a successful setup. I use the super mini tank also. Not the most user friendly design to disassemble, but works great.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to better breathing through vaping and to the VU. Lots of good info here.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to you Danette
Congratulations on quitting the cigs for 16 days and counting and a warm welcome to VU. You have come to the right place to learn and ask questions for those little and big things that you don't quite understand and no where else covers it. l am new here also and l have learned a lot. The folks here have answered mine and other peoples questions and quires expediently. You are in a good place and one is never too old to learn anything!
Don't stop discussing vaping you can see from this site alone how it has helped people to stop smoking in a relatively short period of time once they find the right device for them; despite the fact that we have had many ceasation products available for decades. These products clearly are not as effective as vaping.
Wishing you all the best with your voyage into the world of vaping.

Last edited:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Danette, congrats on kicking the paper sticks (Im 4months clean of a 30yr habit myself) !

Your Tobecco Mini looks similar to what I use at home - a Cleito, although I stuck mine on a ijust2 battery, so its just one long cylinder instead. When Im out of the house, I always use a small Kangertech e-smart stick.. i just pop it into my shirt pocket where my smokes used to be.

You're going to notice a lot of cool things happen in the next while. Right off the bat, you dont smell like cigs and although gear and juice are not free.. your habit costs are already going down. My sinuses opened up to a point that I had forgotten, and the daily hacking and coughing was gone in the first two weeks. After a month or two, I noticed my energy levels going up.. all great stuff !

Don't forget to increase your water intake, The PG robs water from the body, and if you get marginal you can start getting odd dehydration things like sore joints/back etc.

Glad you joined VU.. this is really a great group of people with top notch info.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Keep up the good work - and welcome to VU

Danette

Member For 4 Years
thanks everyone for the kind words. I dont get online very often to just relax and read but when I have a few moments I have been stopping in here and reading. I still have not had a cigarette and its just keeps getting easier. I bought two new set ups for myself as a You Go Girl reward lol. I got the mini volt just because she is so dang cute and the ijoy solo mini cause I wanted to see what taste control was. She is pretty got the white which I use with a white tobeco tank. I am loving verde valley juice tons of flavor and easy on the pocket. I learned about them here. I purchased total about 900ml so that should keep me for a bit. I share alot with the girls at work. I work in a domestic violence shelter and some of the girls cant afford either cigs or juice. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on keeping with it, and the work you do. I know a few young ladies that have needed those services, and would have had to continually endure their situations, had it not been available to them.
If you have the where with all, you could learn to DIY juice. The DIY section here is loaded with recipes, and a bunch of helpful alchemists, that will cut juice costs a TON.

VU Sponsors