Become a Patron!

Good mtl rta?

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my wife currently uses a subtank mini and I am looking to get a good mtl rta for her. Any suggestions?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also a Kayfun v3 or v4, or a Russian 91%. You can find clones of all three of these tanks very cheaply. I keep a Russian 91% built for my mother in law. I wish I had another one of any of these three for myself as well. I miss my mtl tank. Haven't had one for a couple of years now.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I vape mtl rather frequently.
Really it depends on what you want to spend.
You can get the Cthulhu mtl (24mm diameter) for under 35$ it's a great so for coil RTA with inserts to adjust the size of the airflow.
The serpent mini is more of a so flexible coil restrictive lung hit in my opinion.

After 4 years of vaping mtl though, I always go back to the same 3
The kayfun lite or kayfun 3.1-both 22mm diameter.
The light doesn't have adjustable airflow the 3.1 does but it goes from tight to tighter.
The lite is really ideal for most and it's cheaper. (You can find them from 60-90$) they are easy to build and have been around for years so they don't have to fill. What they do have is that they set the bar for rtas and are still relevant for mtl vapers. There are plenty of accessories too.
I'm selling my kf4 and keeping my 3.1, if that tells you anything.

Another good one for me is the kayfun mini v3. It's small but on a small mod it fits in the little pocket of your jeans.
It's what I'm using today.

527f1684edb61e8a4726a57e6ca755e2.jpg

They are easier to build on, have top fill and are very small about 17mm diameter where 22mm is or was the standard.

My other favorite mtl rta was the taifun.(22mm diameter) It's tall a little tricky to build on at first but it is a flavor machine for a good wet vape. It's very tall though so if you're using a tube mod it may look like a light saber.

Lastly theirs the erlkoenigin. A very nice very pricey RTA at 21mm and about 160$. It is beautiful and a fantastic piece. It's a little tricky to wick but it has the best flavor from any of my tanks. It also has topfill. My only advice with it is that for the money you can get two kayfuns and save time and stress with the build and wick process. Plus the ability to customize it as you want with all the accessories out there.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

monsterlove

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only other one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is the digiflavor siren. Pbusardo is big on it and he's the mtl guy so I take his word for it.

All I have experience with is the merlin mini. I use it mtl and find it plenty tight with the smallest restrictor, and it is very attractive and versatile for other build styles, but different strokes...If I was to get another tank for mtl I think I'd be looking at the digiflavor siren personally.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The siren is very easy to build, wick and work with, so I think that has alot to do with busardo liking the tank, but flavor wise, the older kayfuns are still unbeatable IMO.

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I own the Hussar RTA and the Kayfun V5 mini. Don't know id they true MTL but I like the restrictiveness.
IMG_2891.JPG IMG_2892.JPG IMG_2972.jpg

VU Sponsors