Become a Patron!

good upgrade from Kangertech T3D?

I have given up smokes and am vaping on a Kangertech T3D. I would like more flavour and coils that last longer. What's a good next step up? I'm about 5 weeks in and loving it!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dna 200 mod with TFV8 beast tank, with rebuildable deck, or factory coils.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dna 200 mod with TFV8 beast tank, with rebuildable deck, or factory coils.
What a terrible suggestion. He's using a mouth to lung clearomizer. Not a fucking 'clouds bro', direct lung, sub ohm tank.

Get an Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini and run it with a variable wattage mod that has at least 20 watts of power.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i would say an aspire clieto or TFV4 tank and a cheaper good mod like an eleaf pico, or IPV5. That sounds like a nice middle ground to me

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I've found that devices designed to be used for either mouth to lung or direct lung compromise too much and do neither as well as devices designed specifically for one or the other. This stuff is dirt cheap compared to cigarettes and I think it's generally better to get a direct lung only and a mouth to lung only device if a person wants to vape both ways instead of getting one 'does both ok, but neither real well' device. Just my opinion.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By the way, I'm a she :) :p

We won't hold that against you. :giggle:

Seriously though, we don't always agree about stuff on here, but our intentions are to be as helpful as we can. Ask any question you have and good luck finding something you like.

We won't hold that against you. :giggle:

Seriously though, we don't always agree about stuff on here, but our intentions are to be as helpful as we can. Ask any question you have and good luck finding something you like.

It's been great seeing everyone's different suggestions. I would have been disappointed if you'd all suggested the same thing!

Yet again I only got 1 week out of my coil... White threads start coming out of the little holes in the coil - is this the wick? Or is it just stringy congealed e-liquid? I'm using quite thick high VG liquid as I don't like the watery stuff. And holy shit, I think I have an e-liquid fetish! Finding the next awesome flavour has become a bit of an obsession :stars2:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yet again I only got 1 week out of my coil... White threads start coming out of the little holes in the coil - is this the wick? Or is it just stringy congealed e-liquid? I'm using quite thick high VG liquid as I don't like the watery stuff. And holy shit, I think I have an e-liquid fetish! Finding the next awesome flavour has become a bit of an obsession :stars2:
1-2 weeks is pretty average for most coils. white threads would be the wick.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are small pieces of silica, the material that your wick is made of and that is no longer being used in modern attys.
seduce_juice_silicawick.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So once that happens my coil is pretty much useless I presume?
Yup pretty much. I used to rebuild those back in the day, but honestly at the 50 cents they cost each, it probably isn't worth it

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hmmm... I'm in NZ and they're $20 NZ for a 5 pack, so obviously we're getting ripped off! Still loads cheaper than smoking though.
Dam. I remember you used to be able to order them in bulk. Like 20+ or more for 5o cents each

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors