Become a Patron!

Gpriv charging stand rant

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So....today a guy posted a g priv dock he made. I probably shouldn't have ranted in his post, but I thought it should be pointed out that charging in mods is still widely accepted as not safe or not good for the mod. OK is mad at me now, and probably should be since I hijacked his thread. What is the group's thoughts on this? I just felt that putting a mod into a dock for charging purposes (especially smok) is just dangerous.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?posts/2074806

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can appreciate the creativity and ingenuity the poster put into creating a dock for their mod and I'd say it's a job well done.

That said. Not a snowballs chance in hell I would charge my batteries in the mod itself. I just don't trust it regardless of the name brand. I can understand reviewers doing it for testing because some consumers will want to know.

The way I see it is if I can afford a mod and batteries then I can afford a proper charger for those batteries. Just my humble opinion.:)

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got told to leave my opinions to the forum. That's what I did. I'm sure there are plenty that agree with me that charging in the mods is bad.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can see that you will never be convinced by my words. To each their own.

VU Sponsors