Become a Patron!

Great tank for RX200?

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've also found if that ring used to guide our wicks above the juice channels isn't screwed down tight against the deck it will leak big time..just sayin

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
That's something I hadn't thought of. Although I do know buddy from the shop runs his without the ring. But if it's loose, it would create pockets for juice to go through.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's something I hadn't thought of. Although I do know buddy from the shop runs his without the ring. But if it's loose, it would create pockets for juice to go through.

Well my brother had his Griffin leaking badly and asked me to re-wick it for him..I noticed his ring had a gap between it and the deck so I simply tightened it down and tried it again, using the same wicks..guess what? No more leaking.. Lol

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my brother had his Griffin leaking badly and asked me to re-wick it for him..I noticed his ring had a gap between it and the deck so I simply tightened it down and tried it again, using the same wicks..guess what? No more leaking.. Lol

Awesome. I would've never thought of that LoLz

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well since it's first bath, that ring has been tightened and I tried a couple of times to loosen it, but it's on there good. I figured it could just stay tightened like that and it wouldn't make any difference. Should I be taking that off when I rewick and putting it back on before I tighten everything up?

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since it's first bath, that ring has been tightened and I tried a couple of times to loosen it, but it's on there good. I figured it could just stay tightened like that and it wouldn't make any difference. Should I be taking that off when I rewick and putting it back on before I tighten everything up?
I've only taken it off once because I was switching from a desert flavor to a fruit. I'd say just make sure it's tightened before you rewick/ put new coils in.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I replaced one of the white o rings with a green one just for the hell of it and re wicked for the 3rd time today. I removed the metal ring and then put it on after cutting my cotton to length. I cannot see any cotton below the ring, but the tails are tucked in there nicely. I also tested just filling right above the juice holes and vaped for 10 mins. Then filled to the top and it has been about 5 mins. I am pleased to report that there is NO leaking. Not a drop. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I have faith this time and it absolutely would have leaked by now.

I'm not sure exactly what the fix was, but a combination of both of your guys' suggestions did the trick. I am grateful and I thank you both, I appreciate you both and this forum. I would like to note however that the green o ring was a lot thicker than the white flimsy looking one so that MAY have helped a bunch.

Again, thanks guys!

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I replaced one of the white o rings with a green one just for the hell of it and re wicked for the 3rd time today. I removed the metal ring and then put it on after cutting my cotton to length. I cannot see any cotton below the ring, but the tails are tucked in there nicely. I also tested just filling right above the juice holes and vaped for 10 mins. Then filled to the top and it has been about 5 mins. I am pleased to report that there is NO leaking. Not a drop. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I have faith this time and it absolutely would have leaked by now.

I'm not sure exactly what the fix was, but a combination of both of your guys' suggestions did the trick. I am grateful and I thank you both, I appreciate you both and this forum. I would like to note however that the green o ring was a lot thicker than the white flimsy looking one so that MAY have helped a bunch.

Again, thanks guys!
Great to hear m8! Enjoy some awesome vapes.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
About to order a 2nd RTA. Anybody want to talk me out of getting the Crius? It's either that or another Griffin. Also, all the reviews I'm watching of the Crius has only 2 post holes. The ones on eBay have 4. Is that a redesign?

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About to order a 2nd RTA. Anybody want to talk me out of getting the Crius? It's either that or another Griffin. Also, all the reviews I'm watching of the Crius has only 2 post holes. The ones on eBay have 4. Is that a redesign?
GEMINI!!!!! Going from Griffin to Crius is a step down. Gemini is a step up.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me check that out. I like the side juice flow of the Crius and also the fact that they have one in white. Let me peep a leep that Gemini, tho...
I'm new to most of this so idk which are the newer and older RTA's... No go on the Mutank?

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wait. It's on pre-order. So I need to WAIT!!!!??? First for it to drop, next to hear about it's issues? There are a couple reviews out there from suppliers, buuutttt....

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me check that out. I like the side juice flow of the Crius and also the fact that they have one in white. Let me peep a leep that Gemini, tho...
I'm new to most of this so idk which are the newer and older RTA's... No go on the Mutank?
Alot of people like the Mutank. I personally don't. I'm pretty picky if you haven't noticed LoLz. But for the price, the built in top to coil airflow, the huge bottom airflow that not only comes in from the bottom but also from the inside sides, large juice holes, and juice capacity, you really can't go wrong with the Gemini.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I'm watching a review now. I'm definitely going to order it. Not sure about pre-order 'cause I've got more to buy now:) I just wish these companies would ditch these gay names and stop putting chick symbols and dolphins on tanks. We need some manly shit.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait. It's on pre-order. So I need to WAIT!!!!??? First for it to drop, next to hear about it's issues? There are a couple reviews out there from suppliers, buuutttt....
Preorder? I picked mine up 2 weeks ago from my vape shop for $23.99.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm watching a review now. I'm definitely going to order it. Not sure about pre-order 'cause I've got more to buy now:) I just wish these companies would ditch these gay names and stop putting chick symbols and dolphins on tanks. We need some manly shit.
LoLz. You just gotta think of where most of them are coming from LoLz

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. I'm checking on line and I'm seeing what you're seeing. I'll have to call my vape shop and see how they got it early. Try calling your local shops and see if they have. Maybe it was released early to shops? I dunno

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm seeing that it's on preorder online, but my local vape shop has it. I'm gonna call there tomorrow and see if they weren't supposed to sell it or if there's another way to get it.

As far as the Mutank, it's OK but not amazing. Some propel swear by it. My tastes and preferences seem to switch about every two weeks though LoLz. Vaping has become my second most expensive hobby, right behind my obsession with PC's.

I find you gotta go with your gut on stuff. I check out the product page and release video and decide if I like it. I have far too many tanks, mods, juices, and batteries that I don't use simply because I heard good things, but once I got em, I didn't like em.

Just my lengthy $.02 (type out on my old ass Nexus 7)

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, if you have anything you want to sell, tell me what you've got and PM me a pic. I'll bite. Sounds like we've got a lot in common. I obsess over my hobbies and I'm just about to build a Hackintosh. Fractal Design R5 case, Z97 Asus or GB board, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, etc. Still can't decide on a great monitor. I may get a Dell. Price range is $3-500US. Would love to go Skylake, but it's not Hackintosh ready.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you can get me that tank, I'd send the $ first and some extra for shipping and your troubles. IDK if you mix, but I have some great clones and can make just about anything (within the flavs of concentrates I have.) I also use VapersTek 100% VG nic. Amazing stuff. I'd be happy to send you some fresh juice on top of all that.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah my PC's are constantly changing. I just finished a full system water cooler. I was having trouble running it on 1 radiator and switched to 3 (2x120, 1x240). Now, I'm able to keep everything nice and cool. Only problem is, now I have to integrate it to my "main" PC, but I'm not sure I want to change my whole cooling system every time I change RAM or add another SSD lo!z.

Dell's are amazing, but way overpriced. Qnix or Benq are usually just as good and most sellers will give a 1-3 dead pixel guarantee.

I'll call the vape shop in the morning see if they have any left and if they do, I'll scoop one up for ya and letcha know in a PM.

I used to mix, but couldn't get a descent juice. I think my problem was the flavors (Flavor Apprentice). I've been thinking about getting some of Flavor West as I've heard it takes less and there's no alcohol used in the extraction process. At $2 a 15ml I'm not sure why I haven't ordered LoLz.

As for trading/ selling, I know it's stupid but even though I know I will probably never use most of these, I can't get rid of it LoLz.

But yea man, I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you know either way.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah my PC's are constantly changing. I just finished a full system water cooler. I was having trouble running it on 1 radiator and switched to 3 (2x120, 1x240). Now, I'm able to keep everything nice and cool. Only problem is, now I have to integrate it to my "main" PC, but I'm not sure I want to change my whole cooling system every time I change RAM or add another SSD lo!z.

Dell's are amazing, but way overpriced. Qnix or Benq are usually just as good and most sellers will give a 1-3 dead pixel guarantee.

I'll call the vape shop in the morning see if they have any left and if they do, I'll scoop one up for ya and letcha know in a PM.

I used to mix, but couldn't get a descent juice. I think my problem was the flavors (Flavor Apprentice). I've been thinking about getting some of Flavor West as I've heard it takes less and there's no alcohol used in the extraction process. At $2 a 15ml I'm not sure why I haven't ordered LoLz.

As for trading/ selling, I know it's stupid but even though I know I will probably never use most of these, I can't get rid of it LoLz.

But yea man, I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you know either way.

That's a pretty serious setup you've got there. I'm assuming you game, but prolly just on PC? I have a PS4 but haven't been on it much in the last month that I've started vaping. I tend to compulsively obsess on a particular hobby and dump every bloody cent I have into it until the next thing comes along. I mean I'm a gamer, a vaper, a musician, an electronics enthusiast and I love to fish. I never settle for 'mediocre' equipment. I've always had to have the best. My damn guitar cost me more than my car at one point and the car was $5k.. Something clearly happened to me as a child and I can't figure out what it was yet.....FML.

If they have the tank just let me know and if it isn't too much trouble I'll paypal you the money first or whatever....

So if I were you I would mostly go with Flavour Art concentrates. They are a tad bit more expensive, but are super concentrated and go a much longer way than other brands because you need a lot less. I have mostly FA, Capella, TFA and some Flavor West in there as well. The most over whelming thing is figuring out who makes the best 'what.' For example, most people would argue that FW makes the best cinnamon roll, but Capella makes the best custard...Ugh, it made me nearly pull all my hair out scouring these forums day in and day out making certain that I get the best true flavor from whatever company.

I think the most important thing other than picking out good recipes is your nic. That can make or break your recipe if you have shitty nic. I have used VapersTek and Nude Nicotine. They're both really good, but the winner is VT. It's very clean and my flavors poke through really well requiring me to use less concentrate. Mixing by weight is also huge. SO much easier and WAY less clean-up...I actually have never mixed by volume. I dove right into weight and super glad I did because who the fk in their right mind wants to clean all of those syringes afterwards and I'm all set with somebody coming over, seeing one and thinking I'm on the white horse. Lol.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a pretty serious setup you've got there. I'm assuming you game, but prolly just on PC? I have a PS4 but haven't been on it much in the last month that I've started vaping. I tend to compulsively obsess on a particular hobby and dump every bloody cent I have into it until the next thing comes along. I mean I'm a gamer, a vaper, a musician, an electronics enthusiast and I love to fish. I never settle for 'mediocre' equipment. I've always had to have the best. My damn guitar cost me more than my car at one point and the car was $5k.. Something clearly happened to me as a child and I can't figure out what it was yet.....FML.

If they have the tank just let me know and if it isn't too much trouble I'll paypal you the money first or whatever....

So if I were you I would mostly go with Flavour Art concentrates. They are a tad bit more expensive, but are super concentrated and go a much longer way than other brands because you need a lot less. I have mostly FA, Capella, TFA and some Flavor West in there as well. The most over whelming thing is figuring out who makes the best 'what.' For example, most people would argue that FW makes the best cinnamon roll, but Capella makes the best custard...Ugh, it made me nearly pull all my hair out scouring these forums day in and day out making certain that I get the best true flavor from whatever company.

I think the most important thing other than picking out good recipes is your nic. That can make or break your recipe if you have shitty nic. I have used VapersTek and Nude Nicotine. They're both really good, but the winner is VT. It's very clean and my flavors poke through really well requiring me to use less concentrate. Mixing by weight is also huge. SO much easier and WAY less clean-up...I actually have never mixed by volume. I dove right into weight and super glad I did because who the fk in their right mind wants to clean all of those syringes afterwards and I'm all set with somebody coming over, seeing one and thinking I'm on the white horse. Lol.
Gonna PM you as this is getting off the thread topic LoLz

VU Sponsors