GREEN HIC-ENVAPE (it's not Frankenvape)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

Green HIC-envape: Wanting a way to enjoy vaping kiwi, I made this:

1% FA Kiwi
1% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Anise
1% Fresh Cream

The tart bit of kiwi and sweetness of anise are both there; they don't cancel each other out. Anise-vanilla and anise-kiwi are great pairs, whether you're cooking or vaping. Fresh cream makes it smooth and makes Kiwi an especially realistic fruit flavor. The overall flavor is fairly sweet.

You flavor thrill seekers might like to double this. I've been vaping it as I wrote it; could be an all-day-vape flavor for me like this.

thanks to @Smoky Blue for informing me of this: The Standard makes a juice called Frankenvape. It looks pretty popular (not cheap, either). It's described as kiwi-marshmallow, and I see a bunch of people copy that flavor. I never heard of it before today, and my recipe isn't supposed to be a clone. I did try kiwi-marshmallow, though. This recipe is tastier and more interesting than that - smoother and a little sweeter, too.

I'd love to hear the opinion of a Frankenvape fan. FA's Kiwi is awesome, and I'd be really surprised if Frankenvape's simple marshmallow-kiwi blend is as appealing as this FA combination of flavors.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Green HIC-envape: Wanting a way to enjoy vaping kiwi, I made this:

1% FA Kiwi
1% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Anise
1% Fresh Cream

The tart bit of kiwi and sweetness of anise are both there; they don't cancel each other out. Anise-vanilla and anise-kiwi are great pairs, whether you're cooking or vaping. Fresh cream makes it smooth and makes Kiwi an especially realistic fruit flavor. The overall flavor is fairly sweet.

You flavor thrill seekers might like to double this. I've been vaping it as I wrote it; could be an all-day-vape flavor for me like this.

thanks to @Smoky Blue for informing me of this: The Standard makes a juice called Frankenvape. It looks pretty popular (not cheap, either). It's described as kiwi-marshmallow, and I see a bunch of people copy that flavor. I never heard of it before today, and my recipe isn't supposed to be a clone. I did try kiwi-marshmallow, though. This recipe is tastier and more interesting than that - smoother and a little sweeter, too.

I'd love to hear the opinion of a Frankenvape fan. FA's Kiwi is awesome, and I'd be really surprised if Frankenvape's simple marshmallow-kiwi blend is as appealing as this FA combination of flavors.

My lonely bottle of kiwi may have found a use - thank you! Going to try this now :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for trying it so quickly, Amanda!
My bottle of FA Kiwi was neglected before, too.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds yummy. I have to stock up on some more DIY flavors.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am always afraid of Anise but I am going to try it. You have an amazing mind HIC !

captaincannibal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a huge anise fan but this combo sounds really nice. Will try it when I get home from the office. FA Kiwi is really good but I just never find a use for it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The more I vape Anise, the more and more I enjoy it. That surprising, little, lovely bit-o-sweetness! Can ya believe I don't have and didn't order KIWI?! Oh the humanity of it all! Would Kaktus do? I'm gonna go over here and cry.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The more I vape Anise, the more and more I enjoy it. That surprising, little, lovely bit-o-sweetness! Can ya believe I don't have and didn't order KIWI?! Oh the humanity of it all! Would Kaktus do? I'm gonna go over here and cry.

Inawera Kaktus would totally overwhelm the rest, I'd think.
Do you have TFA Kiwi? That one might work.
Lime cold-pressed would definitely work!
Bilberry could be an interesting alternative.
I'm half-conscious, can't think of others...

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Inawera Kaktus would totally overwhelm the rest, I'd think.
Do you have TFA Kiwi? That one might work.
Lime cold-pressed would definitely work!
Bilberry could be an interesting alternative.
I'm half-conscious, can't think of others...

I don't have any kiwi and was thinking along these lines before I got to this post. What other flavors would also work?

Hmm. Would orange work? that's in the order I should be getting later this week.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have any kiwi and was thinking along these lines before I got to this post. What other flavors would also work?
Hmm. Would orange work? that's in the order I should be getting later this week.

I think that would taste like an anise creamsicle.
Got anything tart? A sour green apple, maybe? Don't feel forced to stick with FA in search of a sour flavor!

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I realize this is something much different than the Original Post but it only exists because of it. It's pretty darn good in my opinion.
One drop anise FA per 5 ml
4% brown sugar tfa
2% cream fresh FA
4% kiwi double TFA
4% strawberry (ripe) tfa
6% Apple pie FA
One drop torrone FA per 5 ml

Would have liked to include some white grape but don't have the concentrate.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I realize this is something much different than the Original Post but it only exists because of it. It's pretty darn good in my opinion.
One drop anise FA per 5 ml
4% brown sugar tfa
2% cream fresh FA
4% kiwi double TFA
4% strawberry (ripe) tfa
6% Apple pie FA
One drop torrone FA per 5 ml

Would have liked to include some white grape but don't have the concentrate.

I think you should give your recipe a name and its own thread. I'll just get buried in here. Kiwi-strawberry fans will like that recipe!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't consider anise a sweet flavor???

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't consider anise a sweet flavor???

Star anise is quite sweet. Think of Pernod, ouzo, and the sweet part of Chinese 5-spice seasoning.

From here: "...star anise has a heady power, flooding the mouth with the pure sweet-spiciness of anethole, which is 13 times sweeter than regular sugar. Harold McGee, the food science writer, notes that "anethole is unusual among phenolic flavour compounds for remaining pleasant to taste at high concentrations ." And star anise delivers this anethole kick the best...."

colonelk0rn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure if it's my aversion to Anise (black licorice) that is making me hesitant to give this a shot, but I've been wanting to give the Kiwi a go. It smells so delicious, but I can't quite get myself to crack open the bottle of anise I have. I ordered it for something...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure if it's my aversion to Anise (black licorice) that is making me hesitant to give this a shot, but I've been wanting to give the Kiwi a go. It smells so delicious, but I can't quite get myself to crack open the bottle of anise I have. I ordered it for something...

The anise really isn't a forward flavor to me - it just adds to the overall deliciousness, without saying 'hey, anise here!'

colonelk0rn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The anise really isn't a forward flavor to me - it just adds to the overall deliciousness, without saying 'hey, anise here!'
I have a bottle of INW Anise... any experience with that?

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sounds awesome! Now I just need to get kiwi. Or maybe just give it a try with Bilberry because I have that already.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, the kiwi arrived. I must say, my first experience with Kiwi... I chose the right recipe to make! This is really delicious, HIC. The anise plays so nicely with kiwi.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Many months ago I received a sample bottle of an anise based juice. The bottle broke in transit and when I opened the box my whole house was overtaken with its lou's aroma. I had to scrub all the contents to get rid of that smell. This experience scared me away from this flavor. Since switching to FA as my primary flavoring manufacturer and trying recipes from HIC, Willmc, Cramptholomew and others I've become more adventurous in my mixing.

I'm a coffee girl with a sweet tooth and ordered some anise for another HIC recipe so this was a leap of faith for me. I mixed it up yesterday and just tried it on a dripper today. Much to my surprise I really DO like anise, just not in your face, kick you in the teeth anise.

One thing I really love about your recipes is that even if ithey aren't my cup of tea they're always well balanced. It's too bad others have taken advantage of your kindness and willingness to share your knowledge by posting your recipes elsewhere or using them to make money. I don't blame you for being hesitant to post them anymore, but want to thank you for giving folks like me a helping hand at mixing. Everyday I pick up a bottle of some tasty juice I've made I smile and thank you for sharing. Sadly, common sense and manners aren't as common as they should be, virtual or otherwise.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This flavor combo is interesting. It isn't an ADV, at least not for me. It a kind of after dinner vape. I have been thinking about vapes that are not so sweet. This approaches that.

I love my dessert vapes. But I have been thinking about contrasts to that line of flavors. This is in the neighborhood of what I have been thinking about. A contrast to that line of sweet flavors. I do not like licorice as a rule. So I've been cautious using the anise. But this one works as a sort of specific purpose vape.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't really like black licorice but for some reason fruit and absinthe are good to me. I love the Frankenvape clone so I may have to try this.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not care for anise standalone, although I thought I would. This combo. Is delicious! I love sweet tart vapes! Thank You HIC!

Plonq

Member For 4 Years
To me this tastes exactly like eating fennel. I mixed all at 1.5% and it's still light and not sweet. Very interesting!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just made. I doubled up. Thanks again HIC! By the way, you remind me of when I was a young cook chopping a slicing 50lb bags of onions and alike. The Chefs would pull me aside and always give me advise that can only come from experience. Those collection of tidbits over the years has made me a fine cook. I thank you for doing the same.;)

VU Sponsors