Become a Patron!

Greetings Earthlings!

Greetings and salutations fellow Earthlings! Joined here with the express purpose of some much needed advice. My wife and myself have smoked much of our adult lives since youth both starting at around 15 years old some 30 plus years. We have both decided to quit smoking and help each other do so. So vaping was of course the ideal thing to transition into from quitting. We initially though disposable was a good alternative but realized quickly that it wasn't really a difference financially, it was cheaper just not much cheaper. We both really enjoy the Pastel Cartel Esco Bars Creamy Tobacco disposables great taste good nicotine level just a tab pricy going through a couple of them every 4-5 days.

So I thought getting into refillables was the answer... booooy was I jumping into a bottomless pit. Neither of us care about cloud dispersion, viscosity(jk), amount, volume etc etc all that jazz you cool cats like to quantify. I bought a Smok Novo 3 which is a good little device and its getting its use in and its helping her out. I decided on a Vaporesso Xros 2 which I love. Nowwwww heres the big problem finding an e-liquid that we can really enjoy. I don't know if anyone here has tasted the esco bars tobacco but we both would love to find a juice that closely resembles that. The juice market is sooooo saturated with sooooo many products its mind boggling, period. AND then I have to watch out for products that say not for sub=ohm use, and I know first hand why. The 0.8 pod that comes with the Xros 2 I filled with Air Factory Tobacco flavored juiced without really looking at the box, lets just say smoking the juice is preferable to eating it. Anywho what I'm getting at is we are looking for a juice that has a tobacco flavor with a side of sweetness, like custard or sweet cream, that will be good to use in 0.8 to 1.2 Ohm pods.

Thank you ahead of time for any advice.
Live long and prosper!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello and welcome to VU!

The reason some e-liquids say "not for sub-ohm use" is that the nicotine level in them is so high, if you vape them at higher wattage they will make you nicotine sick. If you're going to vape safely and have a pleasant experience, you really do have to pay attention to the nicotine level and the viscosity of your liquid. For 0.8 ohm to 1.2 ohm coils, 12 or 18 mg/ml is a good place to start while you're kicking the cigarettes, with an eye to reducing that level over time. For pods the viscosity should be about 50/50, or as close as you can get to that. This means 50% propylene glycol and 50% vegetable glycerin. PG is thin, VG is thick, so the higher the VG, the thicker the liquid, and the slower it feeds into coils that may have small liquid ports through which to absorb liquid. Coils above 1 ohm generally have small liquid ports, below 1 ohm the ports are a bit larger. If the liquid is too thick, the cotton in the coil can burn, and if it's too thin, the coil will gurgle and possibly leak.

If the two of you are vaping between 0.8 ohms and 1.2 ohms, you should be able to find a liquid that will work well in both devices. 40/60 or 35/65 (both ratios of PG to VG) should be okay for both. You'll want to avoid "Max VG" and 20/80 (too thick), and 70/30 (too thin). (Note you have to be able to work out what the ratio on liquid really means. 70/30 and 30/70 aren't the same, and different people/companies write the ratios differently. 50/50 is a pretty safe bet! lol)

I can't help with tobacco flavors, as I never vape tobaccos, but I do read on the forum that a good RY4 may be what you need. RY4 is tobacco with caramel and vanilla. I'm sure someone will be along directly to give some input about that.

Good luck!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome top VU !

Thank you both :) And to the ohm thing I think the Smok Novo 3 is an 0.8 Ohm only device, although I'd have to double check the info on it I think that's what I remember reading. If and when we can find a juice we both enjoy I may end up getting another Xros 2 she like it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU, a great place to kick back and enjoy a vape and great company

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Welcome! It's an awesome thing you are both quitting the stinkies at the same time! You can support one another. My "quitting experience" first mistake was trying to get it to taste like a cigarette. In my opinion, it "ain't gonna happen". Once I realized this I went to a creamy vanilla custard flavor and never looked back. I enjoy the sub ohm experience and hitting it "mouth to lung" for a nice warm feeling. I looked at the whole thing like a new hobby and learning experience. I smoked from 15 years old to 65. My Wife and "special needs" Daughter still smoke like chimneys but I am doing fine and feel 20 years younger. Alas, when I look in the mirror I am brought back to reality. You both picked a better age to quit and quitting at any age is still a good thing! Congratulations!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
first mistake was trying to get it to taste like a cigarette.
I thought the same when deciding 1st setup and juice flavor, that tobacco would give me best chance to like it and not fail at vping. Lucky and had a shop where I could try their flavors with their device (Nautilus).

I went with fruity for about a yr or so then more dessert for the last 5+. Never desired to try tobacco.

Don't put yourself in a box on flavor. Try different ones

VU Sponsors