Become a Patron!

Greets

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Greets all. I'm a bit long in the tooth and live in a very rural area. I smoked 1-2 packs per day for close to 50 years. I'd basically never heard of vaping until last Father's Day when I bought an Aspire Plato and I've not smoked since, about 80 days. I'm done. It's really great when the sense of smell/taste returns and breathing gets easier. It took awhile before I got the smell out of the house though. No more reek now! I've been spreading the word to the few people I see.

In my working life I was a Craftsman so I'm enthused by the DIY aspect. I expect to move more in that direction as I go. I'm more likely to believe info from a community such as this before that of folks motivated primarily by profit. I've already had a couple of bad experiences along those lines. I lucked out and found a guy who's been steering me in a good starting direction. I think.

In the beginning I was sure that I wanted MTL, like a cig. Under certain circumstances I could go back to that but after trying the sub ohm coil my eyes really lit up! Later on I got an Alien and have been messing around with different tanks, learning, The Plato is still my main though. In both I'm using 3100 mah Brillpower batteries and have a good charger. I don't want to fly, just hop around a little.

I WILL have newbie questions but my tendency is to look something up first then ask questions about what I don't understand. Many things presuppose a certain body of knowledge that I sometimes don't possess. I look forward to my time here.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Welcome to VU :wave:
Congrats on making the switch. What's your favorite type of flavors right now? Tobacco, fruits, candy, etc? Them batteries, I wouldn't use 'em, only use ones from the big three, Samsung, Sony, LG. You'll really like DIY, all them combos :D be sure to check out the recipes section. Glad to have you here.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks all. About flavors: I avoid anything tobacco, menthol, or mint. Vanilla and custards are good, also less tart fruits. I'm still trying different things. Max VG and 6 nicotine seems to do it for me. I'll certainly check out the recipes section. I have quite a bit on hand and will eventually be looking for a source of supplies. :)

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
Good to see you made the switch im right around the same mark as you are for no cigs. And flavor dis likes. I did drop to 0 nic two weeks ago. I dont diy juice. i get most of my juice from fuggin vape. I learned dont ever skimp on your batts just like in ur car haha LG or imren are the two brands of bats i have and both have been awsome. Any ?'s throw them out the ppl here are great and help when they can

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on quitting smoking and Welcome to the Underground.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to VU you came to the right place for questions loads of helpful advice to be found :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. You do need to invest in better batteries. I use Samsung 30q, I order from Liion Wholesale. Google Mooch's recommended battery chart. If I knew how, I would post the link. Mooch is universally trusted by vaper's when it comes to batteries.

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I'm unable to understand a lot of Mooch's info although I've spent some time trying. I have a learning problem that makes certain things impossible to grasp like most maths and electronics. For that reason I must stick with regulated mods.I do get that I need better batteries though and will replace as I can. I have these ordered along with a Voopoo Drag. Am I headed in the right direction?
LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Battery

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Tell us what tank & coil you are using & at watts you like to vape at. We will help you choose better batteries.. For example, I vape between 26-30w on a .26Ω ss coil in an rta. Or 40-43w on a .5Ω coil on a ni80 stock coil. So the Samsung 30q and LG HG2 is good for my vaping style. LG HG2 will work for you. I use them when I vape 60w in tfv4, but I don't know if they the best at very high watts (120w plus). So yes, you are looking at a good battery. I personally am replacing all my older batteries with the 30q's. The LG HG2 batteries, chocolate HG, are so heavily cloned now.

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the Plato mod I use the .4 ohm (stock) coil at 22-30 watts. On the Alien mod right now is a TFV4 tank which I use around 65 watts. I've forgotten which (stock) coil is in it this time but the readout says .208 ohms. I use a 2 bay nitecore i2 for charging. In the mail is a Serpent SMM for my first attempt at building as well as a Voopoo Drag. I doubt I'll get into very high wattage's but one never knows. Thanks in advance for any guidance.:bliss:
I realize this discussion might be better off in another place but don't know what to do about it. Lead me. ;)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Your fine here. The LG HG2 are good for where you're at. You will love the SMM. Great little rta. Cruise around the forums and ask any questions you need to. Great people here.

VU Sponsors