Become a Patron!

Griffin 25 mini VS Merlin mini

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've heard good things about the Merlin which led me to do some research on it. It looks very similar to the griffin.

Anyone own both and can share pros and cons between the two? Which do you prefer?

I've been using the griffin mini for so long. I don't even remember when I got it lol.

Plan on getting a new rta and rda when my taxes come in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've heard good things about the Merlin which led me to do some research on it. It looks very similar to the griffin.

Anyone own both and can share pros and cons between the two? Which do you prefer?

I've been using the griffin mini for so long. I don't even remember when I got it lol.

Plan on getting a new rta and rda when my taxes come in :)

I don't have both but I did do a full review of the Merlin Mini here.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/297863/

Somewhere in the middle Raymo2u did an awesome wicking tutorial as well.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info man. Really good review.

The single coil intrigues me. I've only ever ran single coil on my mech due to battery restrictions. I'm curious how a parallel build would be in an rta.

Looks like the juice capacity in 1ml lower than the griffin but that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you. Yeah I love the versatility of the Merlin Mini.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally got a Merlin mini and I haven't been impressed so far.

A lot has to do with what build you put in there, I know that.

The main reason I dont like it is because it seems to not have a lot of air flow which leads to a hot vape and low vapor production. This is in comparison to the griffin 25 mini.

I've only used the single coil deck.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally got a Merlin mini and I haven't been impressed so far.

A lot has to do with what build you put in there, I know that.

The main reason I dont like it is because it seems to not have a lot of air flow which leads to a hot vape and low vapor production. This is in comparison to the griffin 25 mini.

I've only used the single coil deck.

By chance do you still have the air restrictor in?

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if you like dual coil and only goes as far a 3.5mm ID coils the griffin mini 25mm is awesome
THE only draw backs are
the deck is a little tight to work on
and
you cant really get to th edeck when the tank is full without leaking juice everywhere.
Im sure some people do it sometimes but its a PITA If they would have done it differently this would just about be the perfect RTA

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if you like dual coil and only goes as far a 3.5mm ID coils the griffin mini 25mm is awesome
THE only draw backs are
the deck is a little tight to work on
and
you cant really get to th edeck when the tank is full without leaking juice everywhere.
Im sure some people do it sometimes but its a PITA If they would have done it differently this would just about be the perfect RTA

Yeah I've been using the griffin for almost a year now. It's my favorite tank and daily driver.

I bought a Merlin mini because I wanted to use a single coil and I had heard great things about it. But the longest it's sat on my mod was about 5 minutes lol.

VU Sponsors