Become a Patron!

Griffin lacking flavor

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello I'm looking for some help with my griffin. I'm using some fused clapton coils with a 3mms inner diameter. The flavor just isn't great at all. My juice has produced great flavor with other tanks. I'm using approximately 80vg/20pg. Is it the wicking that's causing the problem? I'm using rayon. Should I be using organic Japanese cotton? Please help me! Thanks!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would suggest you tear it down and soak it in warm water, scrub it with a old toothbrush and dawn soap then dry it. This will remove any and all grease/oils that could be contaminating your juice.thing but the juice your using.
Pick up some cotton bacon V2, its the only cotton I use and it doesnt require a break in and it has no taste of its own. This will ensure its not the cotton.
If your still having issues I would tear the build out and make sure to clean the insulators and orings out completely, put in a brand new build and then throw in some cotton bacon, I can assure you that if all this is done then you wont taste any

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use rayon exclusively with no issues. Like any atty, it's a fine balance between wicking with too little causing leaks, & wicking with too much causing loss of flavor.

I also usually run 3.0 or 2.5 coils in the griff. I trust you've played with your wattage to experiment.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok I reworked with less and with organic Japanese and it's better but I think it could get more flavor somehow. @raymo2u I'm not getting a bad taste but it's just very little flavor. I've already taken it apart and thoroughly cleaned it. I just can't figure it out. I'm tucking the cotton in perfectly. Thanks for all the help but if y'all know anything else I'm all ears!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok I reworked with less and with organic Japanese and it's better but I think it could get more flavor somehow. @raymo2u I'm not getting a bad taste but it's just very little flavor. I've already taken it apart and thoroughly cleaned it. I just can't figure it out. I'm tucking the cotton in perfectly. Thanks for all the help but if y'all know anything else I'm all ears!
Try using a normal size Drip Tip and the adapter, pumping more wattage and turning down the airflow. If you want more flavor then you need to increase the density of the charge.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but try adjusting the height of the coils. If they're too far up, your flavor could be muted. Too far down, your airflow will be blocked, which kills Vapor production.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Griffin should be a flavour machine when set up right. In my experience, if you start to lose flavour, it usually means one of your coils is heating up faster than the other. Or worst, one of your coils is not heating up at all. 1 coil working plus tons of airflow usually means weak flavour.

DawnBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get tons of flavor out of mine but the leaking drives me insane.

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get tons of flavor out of mine but the leaking drives me insane.
Same thing. In fact I just dismantled mine, threw them all in a cup of water cause I can't be assed to clean it up now. Let it all soak for a bit. It's the bottom part of the glass that's the problem. It does not have an air tight fit.

NtL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hempwick by VapeNotik, best wick for flavor

rHiNo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hemp also helps leaking as well. it absorbs more than cotton and works well in my Griffin as well as Avacado

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hemp makes my juice taste like the front lawn. I tried it years ago.

rHiNo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hemp makes my juice taste like the front lawn. I tried it years ago.
I ɦaɖ tɦɛ saʍɛ քʀօɮʟɛʍ աɦɛռ I tʀɨɛɖ ɦɛʍք a ʄɛա ʏɛaʀs aɢօ. Vaքɛռօtɨҡ ɨs աɦɛʀe ɨ ɢɛt ʍʏ ɦɛʍք aռɖ tɦeʏ ɖo ɨt ʀɨɢɦt. Tɦɛy refine and straighten the ɦɛʍք so it is sʊքɛʀ ċʟɛaռ, ɨt taҡɛs a ɮɨt ʟօռɢɛʀ tօ aɮsօʀɮ tɦɛ ʟɨզʊɨɖ ɮʊt tɦɛ ʄʟaʋօʀ ɨs ʊռʍatċɦaɮʟɛ. I have not gotten a dry hit or any cardboard taste since using it. I don't think I will ever use cotton again lol

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ɦaɖ tɦɛ saʍɛ քʀօɮʟɛʍ աɦɛռ I tʀɨɛɖ ɦɛʍք a ʄɛա ʏɛaʀs aɢօ. Vaքɛռօtɨҡ ɨs աɦɛʀe ɨ ɢɛt ʍʏ ɦɛʍք aռɖ tɦeʏ ɖo ɨt ʀɨɢɦt. Tɦɛy refine and straighten the ɦɛʍք so it is sʊքɛʀ ċʟɛaռ, ɨt taҡɛs a ɮɨt ʟօռɢɛʀ tօ aɮsօʀɮ tɦɛ ʟɨզʊɨɖ ɮʊt tɦɛ ʄʟaʋօʀ ɨs ʊռʍatċɦaɮʟɛ. I have not gotten a dry hit or any cardboard taste since using it. I don't think I will ever use cotton again lol
Thanks for the sales pitch. I never get dry hits with cotton, because I keep my wicks wet :giggle: Never did taste cardboard as well. Enjoy your hemp tho. :)

rHiNo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the sales pitch. I never get dry hits with cotton, because I keep my wicks wet :giggle: Never did taste cardboard as well. Enjoy your hemp tho. :)
Cardboard, front lawn , some hemp taste like either. Just trying to help. I will enjoy the hemp thanks!!!!

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Advanced Vape has a great wicking technique on their youtube channel (says max vg) in which he also uses rayon. He basically creates a small air channel on the sides closest to the post, which helps with wicking and provides a better flow. It pretty much solved all my probs with the Griffin as far as wicking juice, any leaking, and dry hits (thing of the past). It was like night and day for my Griffin after doing the same thing and is the only way I wick now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Advanced Vape has a great wicking technique on their youtube channel (says max vg) in which he also uses rayon. He basically creates a small air channel on the sides closest to the post, which helps with wicking and provides a better flow. It pretty much solved all my probs with the Griffin as far as wicking juice, any leaking, and dry hits (thing of the past). It was like night and day for my Griffin after doing the same thing and is the only way I wick now.

* passes you The Card * Welcome to Holy Church of Rayon Wick. :)

VU Sponsors