Become a Patron!

Griffin rta 510 pin?

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone,

I've been using my vgod elite mech For a while now and know about battery safety, protruding pins, ressistance and voltage, y'know, the basics. When I went to go dry burn my coils on my mech on the Griffin, it did what I can only assume what is shorting. As a precautionary measure with all new atomizers I get on a hybrid, I always screw the firing switch on slowly to see if anything happens and sure enough the coils started heating like a mofo. The pin on the griffin was adjustable so I adjusted it enough that it was past the 510 threads, but it didn't work...I don't wanna screw with this anymore without proper consultation from multiple people. Does anyone know what I did wrong? Is the pin out too much or too little? Thanks

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone,

I've been using my vgod elite mech For a while now and know about battery safety, protruding pins, ressistance and voltage, y'know, the basics. When I went to go dry burn my coils on my mech on the Griffin, it did what I can only assume what is shorting. As a precautionary measure with all new atomizers I get on a hybrid, I always screw the firing switch on slowly to see if anything happens and sure enough the coils started heating like a mofo. The pin on the griffin was adjustable so I adjusted it enough that it was past the 510 threads, but it didn't work...I don't wanna screw with this anymore without proper consultation from multiple people. Does anyone know what I did wrong? Is the pin out too much or too little? Thanks
If you could post a couple pics it would help. I loved my Griffin when I had it. I know a bunch of others love it as well.Also you really need to get an ohm reader or regulated mod to test the resistance of a coil before putting it on a mech. That can be dangerous seriously. You may not be able to run the Griffin on a mech. Depending. If the 510 pin is not making contact you'll have to screw it in. But if it doesn't protrude past the 510 threads then it's a no go. If your battery touches the 510 threads it'll be a dead shirt and that's a terrible thing.

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
I will when I get home as I'm currently at work, I appreciate you not going off on me telling me I'm stupid for not taking battery safety serious or anything. I'm trying my best out here haha

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will when I get home as I'm currently at work, I appreciate you not going off on me telling me I'm stupid for not taking battery safety serious or anything. I'm trying my best out here haha
Ahh dude most of us are here to help not bash. There are some that are here to bash. Battery safety is definitely a must though. The battery is the heart of the mechanical mod. You definitely don't want to do anything to cause a heart attack. But definitely get back to us man.

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Ahh dude most of us are here to help not bash. There are some that are here to bash. Battery safety is definitely a must though. The battery is the heart of the mechanical mod. You definitely don't want to do anything to cause a heart attack. But definitely get back to us man.
Will do, I only purchase battery's from lg, Sammy, and Sony. Right now I'm running Sammy 20s's, hardest hitting battery's I've tried, nuts. I'll get back to you soon. Thanks!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's definitely protruding enough there. Is that screwed in all the way? Also if you think it's shorting check the deck where the coils are and make sure a tiny snip of metal didn't get lodged on the deck itself

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
I
Well it's definitely protruding enough there. Is that screwed in all the way? Also if you think it's shorting check the deck where the coils are and make sure a tiny snip of metal didn't get lodged on the deck itself
Checked with someone and he said it's the og griffin and Its not designed for mech use

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a long time people didn't use tanks on mechs. Subohm tanks with drop in coils for sure. The 510 on those can slide in and out as you tighten them. As long as the 510 is protruding it shouldn't be a problem. Do you have any other devices you could use.?i hate to see something happen bad ya know

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
For a long time people didn't use tanks on mechs. Subohm tanks with drop in coils for sure. The 510 on those can slide in and out as you tighten them. As long as the 510 is protruding it shouldn't be a problem. Do you have any other devices you could use.?i hate to see something happen bad ya know
As far as mechs go, no, I do have a regulated mod however.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say screw it all the way in and then see how far past the threads the 510 sticks out

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as mechs go, no, I do have a regulated mod however.
Then I'd just use it on there. If ever you use a mech and it doesn't fire there's an issue you need to diagnose. You definitely don't wanna keep hitting the fire button. Batteries vent from internal heat build up and dead shirts. Like keys or change on pos/neg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What exactly happened when you dry burned the coils and assumed it shorted? Did you touch the coils with metal while hitting the fire button? If so you probably shorted the coil and will have to replace it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok it's probably not making contact inside the deck. You'll have to screw it back in and if it does go past the threads the it's not safe to use

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Ok it's probably not making contact inside the deck. You'll have to screw it back in and if it does go past the threads the it's not safe to use
If it's not making contact, why does it fire automatically when a battery is inserted and I screw the firing switch on?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the 510 pin it needs to protrude a decent bit. This isn't a Griffin but 510 screwed in tight
3b3f0dee0bfb3f0b5697cade72c4242c.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So it is firing. I was thinking it wasn't. I'm sorry. Hmm lemme think

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so shorting it wouldn't fire at all. The 510 may be out too far. Making contact with the battery when you screw the switch in.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea try that. Is the firing switch stuck in the fire position when you're screwing it on?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you said you have a regulated mod. You really should dry urn your coils on that instead of a mech. You don't need to fire at full power to dry burn. Just want them to glow a little to heat the crud on the coils

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Like Meowgi said, sounds like you’re engaging the switch of the mod when you screw or down all the way.

I don’t know that mod at all. Some mechs you loosen the button to account for battery rattle others are automatic some have an adjustment ring.

Take the battery out of the mod, screw down the atty, insert battery and reassemble until it stops on its own don’t force it.

If it fires on its own again, than you may just have to long a pin on the atty, tryba different tank or check for a battery rattle adjustment ring on the back of the switch. if it does
Not fire than the tension automatically adjusted.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not necessarily if it’s a hybrid, adjustable 510s and hybrids are usually a bad combination.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Start at 4:49 adjustable battery rattle. The black delrin part screws up and down to adjust

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the look of the video the delrin run is self adjusting. It's like my Kennedy mech. So check the fire switch out too

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
I appreciate the help, but this thing is too sketchy, I'm just gonna wait for my ammit to be back in my hands, thanks though guys

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure thing man. Kinda makes me feel better you decide that too.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really good idea to wait, but you may want to watch that video regardless. The battery adjustment is something you’ll have to do from time to time depending on battery and atty choice.

Also keep in mind that adjusting the 510 pin of the atty xan result in hard shorts and what not.

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
Really good idea to wait, but you may want to watch that video regardless. The battery adjustment is something you’ll have to do from time to time depending on battery and atty choice.

Also keep in mind that adjusting the 510 pin of the atty xan result in hard shorts and what not.
Any rtas you would recommend that are def safe on a mech?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any rtas you would recommend that are def safe on a mech?
How much are you looking to spend?
What sort of vape are you looking for?

I don’t use tanks often or much, but if I don’t have an answer someone will. Lol

Dinik

Member For 1 Year
How much are you looking to spend?
What sort of vape are you looking for?

I don’t use tanks often or much, but if I don’t have an answer someone will. Lol
dual coil setup, hybrid safe, little money as possible but willing to go to 30$

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
dual coil setup, hybrid safe, little money as possible but willing to go to 30$
Vaporrange.com has the asmodus voluna on sale for 15$ right now, it has low juice capacity but a stellar dual coil vape.
Also the Kylin comes highly recommended, I haven’t used the kylin but I know the voluna is a nice Performer.
@MrMeowgi May have better recommendations

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure the price of it these days but the Zeus single coil was great on the mech I had. Aromamizer supreme or I think they made a 22m version as well

VU Sponsors