Become a Patron!

Halo 5, No Split Screen Co-op rant :-(

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
MY 10 year old Son & I were so excited about Halo 5 being released, but now I found out its no longer 2 Player Split Screen :( My Son and I are both gutted. We have played and beat every Halo game ever released together (including ODST LOL). Playing Halo was something we really enjoyed doing together and we have had some great father son moments playing. I know its just a video game, but for us the times we play Halo together are something special. The first time we played Halo was about three years ago. It was a cold rainy fall afternoon and his Mother was out for the day :D We were playing some boring Lego games for the 1000th time and he asked me if we could play Halo? I told him no because there was shooting aliens in the game, he replied "but Dad I shoot Aliens all the time in Ratchet & Clank" I could not argue with that logic so we fired up the original Halo. We played for hours that day and we loved every moment of it. Since then we have played through all of the series (in order of course) and we have been eagerly awaiting playing Halo 5 together. Sadly that will not happen unless I want to buy a second X-Box one, a second X-Box Live account, two copies of the game and another TV:mad: Yesterday my son told me he does not even want Halo 5 now. He said he would rather we spend that money on a game we can play together.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude that is a legit reason to not buy it.
I find no fault in your reasoning at all, some of the best time spent mindlessly with my step daughters was gaming.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate when a new version of a game comes out and they redesigned the crap out of it, including dropping features that you're accustomed to.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This will be the first version of Halo I will not not be buying in 14 years. I was one of the few people that bought an X-Box on the day it was released in Nov. 2001 along with a copy of Halo Combat Evolved. Halo CE was one of the main reasons I left the Play Station brand and took a chance on the X-Box. All of my friends laughed at me and told me I was nuts for buying an X-Box. They said the typical things like "the controller is too big" X-Box is going to fail and that "big black brick" is going to be a paper weight in a year. Well the laughing stopped when they came to my house and played Halo Combat Evolved on SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP. Suddenly their jokes turned to envy. My friends became fixtures on my couch for the next few weeks playing Halo with me split screen while their PS2's sat at home neglected, collecting dust. Playing Halo on your couch with friends was more than just playing a video game, it became an entirely new thing, it was playing Halo! How 343 Industries does not get this is beyond me. They were in trusted with the Halo franchise and they have ruined it for many of its core fans/customers!!

VU Sponsors