Hammond Box mods

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok just a few quick questions...

1. Does anyone know where to get the switches and the 510 fat daddy connectors at in bulk? Besides ebay i need whole sale.

2. Whats a good site to find chip sets im talking 250 watts and up.

3. Any good site to get fets cheap??

This is what I am going to be producting here soon but as a builder i want to grow even bigger so looking at all the options out there...basically I want to hit every market dual 26650 triple 18650 double 18650 bottom feeder set ups you get the idea... so anyone care to share any info??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420648215864.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420648215864.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 40

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea but they want like insane amounts bought like 1000 plus it seemed or did i over look something?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess to get a grasp at the amount of parts you are needing....

How many mod boxes a month are you planning on producing and selling?

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Starting out its going to be local vape shops so 50 a month then once that goes i want to go online and sell them here and on ebay or my own site... i go big or go home just cant fimd a place that will let me start small and grow

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, when you start talking wholesale, you are talking BULK. Bulk to someone like digikey isn't 50 pieces of something. Likely, those guys have sales daily that size. Selling that to many people building out of their garages.

I'd hope you live in a BIG city, to turn 50 pieces a month. Because a smaller market will saturate quickly and your sales are dead.

The problem with doing what you are going to, is every Tom, Dick, and Harry is doing it too. Even the big names in China are getting into it, further competing for box mods. And China will beat you in prices wars every time.

Honestly, were it me, I'd probably do things different from what you are proposing. Sales local would not be my top priority. I'd concentrate on E-bay for the bulk of my sales from the start, and my website would be for better/custom/unique boxes.
Make sure your ebay auctions end Friday thru Sunday. That's the best time to end a sale.

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats what i was planing. On doing start local have 3 or 4 shops that want my boxes and ive got a few aces up my sleeve as well. Plan was start local to get my progits up to get more products then hit ebay and my online site....and ive got a big plan on my boxes that might be turning some heads soon...and i plan on going and hitting vape bash and all of the Big vape events as well. And will have my own custom colors and logos

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you have enough bank to build 100 boxes? Even a simple box with a mofset and a good paint job will sell.

When you start talking about getting to all the vape expos and such, you are looking to add A LOT to your overheads, and in turn will have pricey boxes. I think China is going to put an end to pricey mod boxes, so I'd be careful.

Logoing them and customizing them is a great idea. I can buy box mods all the time under 65 bucks. Where are you thinking your price point will be retail?

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Price points depends most i see even on line are 100+ a box but what surprises me half of the ones on ebay dont say fet or no fet and some look like shit so it really depends at that point

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
100+ a box are from established builders with a following. If you search "box mod" you will find MANY that are below 100 a box. I have had little issue with not listing a mofset or not.

If you want to start off with the 100+ price point, you better offer something so neat or unique, that no one else is doing it.

It's my observation that people are not gonna pay 100 bucks for a plain old box mod. Too many of them on the market to pay high prices. Those days were last year. Now everyone is building mods and the price points are falling. Hell, I picked up 3 DOVPO's from Fast tech and didn't spend a 100 on the three. SMY is offering one now, that preorder is under 40 bucks.

Personally, I'll never pay over a hundred for a box mod again. Why would I? Too many choices for less than 100.

If you really want to make this a business that has good cashflow, you have to either sell SUPER high end mods, or you have to move mods in numbers.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, I'm just being real and telling you what I see.

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And how many have safety features along with any color under the rainbow and on top of that who will have a 400 watt chip set in them oh wait only me lol havnt seen a 400 yet ;)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Then you aren't building box mods. You are building VV/VW mods.

Now you have another market to compete with. Most people only want to buy VV/VW mods from proven sources.

To be truthful, I wouldn't spend MY money on a unknown maker, or at least a maker with no track record, in this area. I want a Smaug next, but probably won't buy one until they have been on the market for a bit. Only reason I want one, is the people left Sigelei to start the company.

edit to add:
SMY didn't take over the market with 260. 100-150 seem to be the bulk of the wattage mods. Maybe your 400 will kick ass, or maybe just a small number of people will have interest. Only time will tell.

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well im doing both full mech boxes and vv/vw but thats why you go big or go home :) got to love chinese chip makers and a heads up 400 is starting point...fully upgradable...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well im doing both full mech boxes and vv/vw but thats why you go big or go home :) got to love chinese chip makers and a heads up 400 is starting point...fully upgradable...
How is your project progressing?

Find parts yet?

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds reckless IMHO, are you doing this simply for a get rich plan or what? Have you even drafted up a warranty? How will you handle Customer Service? There is far more to this type of business other than building, selling, and profiting. Are you able to flow with Supply and Demand? Are you going to build a relationship with the suppliers? Are you going to get an LLC? Do you have the proper Capital? Are you going to Alpha/Beta Test your mods before releasing them? How will the Quality Control Process be played out? Are you researching? Will you build a relationship with your Customers? Will you listen to your Customers? Do you have a Bank Account strictly for your Business? So many questions that I could go on.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds reckless IMHO, are you doing this simply for a get rich plan or what? Have you even drafted up a warranty? How will you handle Customer Service? There is far more to this type of business other than building, selling, and profiting. Are you able to flow with Supply and Demand? Are you going to build a relationship with the suppliers? Are you going to get an LLC? Do you have the proper Capital? Are you going to Alpha/Beta Test your mods before releasing them? How will the Quality Control Process be played out? Are you researching? Will you build a relationship with your Customers? Will you listen to your Customers? Do you have a Bank Account strictly for your Business? So many questions that I could go on.

If I were to be truthful with what I feel in my gut, I'd bet he doesn't have a business plan. I'm sure it will start off like most building mods, just fly by the seat of his pants. Though, I'd hope he has given this MUCH thought before thinking this is "his business" all the sudden.

That was kinda what I was pointing at, posts ago, about going to shows adding MUCH to his overheads. I got no response to that.

I have heard from him, how his mods are going to be so unique and such. Yet I have to wonder what he has built already. I've seen no examples of what he has built or plans to build.

One mod recently I saw, that I DID think was different than everyone else modding, was the guy building box mods with the plate in the door, that changed colors with LED's. But, his prices are more that I will pay for a box.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think he was just asking anyone for opinions on his business plan, just for parts sourcing... He'll figure the rest out for good or bad. Hope he does well.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't think he was just asking anyone for opinions on his business plan, just for parts sourcing... He'll figure the rest out for good or bad. Hope he does well.

True, he wasn't. But then the failure rate of new businesses is over the top too.

I think it's great that someone want to start their own business. Most, however, don't have a clue what it takes nor do they ask the questions either.

The points raised are valid, none the less.

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Triple sled a fet and a good switch
2166ad513be39074d25bb487b030602e.jpg

Ok so I am trying to use a led momentary switch with a MOSFET and a dual battery I'm thinking I just have to add a resistor between the positive lead and the positive connection on the switch does this sound about right.. Or does any one have a wiring diagram of how the led switch would be wired in. Any help would be greatly appreciated

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is why i hate led switches.. do you want it always on if so then its easy but no way to turn it off besides taking battery out. Or do you want it to go on when you press it??

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Decent video to show how to wire to light on fire

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year