Become a Patron!

Has anyone tried the SMOK RPM40?

JSpring

Member For 3 Years
I am a vaper who switches styles depending on my social situations. At home I will be using a straight to lung device, at work or while out, I will use a pod system.

I just found this kit and in going over it, it sounds like a real winner, especially since I use a Nord already, so I am stocked up on coils. I like the design as well.

I am just curious if anyone has any pros or cons or info I should know about before I fully commit to a purchase.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am a vaper who switches styles depending on my social situations.

When one builds houses along beaches, or river banks using stilts are a good thing. In general conversation around buddies one can usually forgo using stilts in conversation. One might perchance have worded your above statement similar to the one I suggest below.

I like switching up my vape according to what's going on.

Possibly one might use the following:

The mood, location often dictate what I'm vaping.

When one starts out using language which seems stilted, a likelihood and risk of turning people off exists. They may think you're some kind of marketing agent come to pitch advertisement/s. Usually, the first instinct regarding that is mark on spot and yes it has a lot to do with how you present yourself. Stilted language will always seem as though a person is selling something.

I am just curious if anyone has any pros or cons or info I should know about before I fully commit to a purchase.

Underlining the innovative Smok RPM40 Pod System Kit is the all-new IQ-R chipset. Working in conjunction with the integrated 1,500 mAh battery, the RPM40 by Smok offers a wide range of powerful functionalities.

First, this internal 1,500 mAh battery is one of the most efficient in the vaping market, capable of several hours of uninterrupted sessions. Moreover, it features a charging current of 0.88A, facilitating quick recharges when the battery is depleted.

Second, the IQ-R chipset allows enthusiasts to adjust their wattage output, from a range between 1W to 40W. That’s an absolutely stunning statistic for a vaporizer of this size. Moreover, it allows enthusiasts to try a range of vaping flavors, ranging from American-made e-juices to nicotine-salt e-liquids.

Third, the IQ-R chipset catalyzes the ability for the Smok RPM40 to fire at an astonishing rate of 0.001 second. Faster than you can blink your eye, this pod hits you with a burst of satisfying vapors. Additionally, the RPM40 by Smok features a resistance range between 0.2 ohm to 2.5 ohms, giving vape connoisseurs tremendous modularity potential.

Finally, the RPM40’s advanced chipset provides a full suite of safety features. From excessive temperature to short-circuit protections, Smok has you covered. Aside from the obvious, these protections are crucial since Smok anticipates several vaping newcomers.

I think that Vapor Authority has a good promotional write up on their site. Not sure if you have actually looked at, or read it.

Can tell you from my point of view garnered by vaping experience, a 1,500 mAh battery lasts very little time. That would put me off of a pod, any pod as being a negative aspect of the product. Of course, I only use a mech with a swappable 18650 cell battery no matter the location, mood, what's going on. That is how I choose vaping. I may later on decide to purchase a dual 18650 regulated squonking mod, or I may not.

For me that choice of purchase will depend on how well the device seems to hold durability. I do not care for planned obsolescence, it is stupid and wasteful policy in my humbled opinion. I also think the Myth of Scarcity is false, at the same time I believe mankind can live in balance with nature. That requires not being wasteful of our resources like using the idea of planned obsolescence to market so called new products. Those practicing planned obsolescence would lie about us not having enough food the same as they lie about planned obsolescence being present in the manufacture of goods, products and the sales of such.

I read the product in question has a chip set that supplies excessive temperature, short-circuit protection. If I was considering any regulated by computer chip device, I would think this kind protection would be viewed as standard. It isn't really a positive aspect to the product in question given that consideration, as most competing device manufactures offer these protections as standard in the industry.

The device in question also "allows enthusiasts to adjust their wattage output". Again this is something I might see as being standard, and indeed it factually is industry standard for similar devices.

It seems a lot of what is written up for promotional material conveys the device is in question is fairly standardized. When you have products in such a niche market it is difficult finding ways to set oneself apart from the competition. This is merely the fact of the matter. No amount of promotional material can alter that.

Can user experience? Possibly, although when moderate romance novels became standardized, readers realized if you had read one, you may as well have read them all. The standardized industry of vaping has long ago reach a similar point. Users can make a valid hypothesis regarding the experience a device might offer based upon how any device offers experience.

In short, you cannot re-invent the wheel, and even if you could people are still going to know it is a wheel. One wheel is as good as the next wheel in most cases.

I apologize if this seems a negative missive regarding the product in question. It was not intended as that nor was it intended as a personal attack on the OP. The hope in writing it was to offer constructive criticism generally speaking. In being transparent, I have not tried any pod type device and firmly doubt I will. They are products which do not seem to match the demographic of the type of consumer I am, presently. That may or may not change. If and when it does I'll be the one deciding my purchase, not the promotional material, or someone likely posing as a friend using stilted language to possibly garner sales help.

Last edited:

JSpring

Member For 3 Years
No offence taken!

I was just curious if anyone has tried that and if they had any feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My smallest vape kit is going with me to the Giants/Bears Game tonight and that is an Istick TC40W with a Nautilus X tank on top. Like @MyMagicMist said the activity or location dictates what I use to vape. Tried POD Systems when they first came out and not for me.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My smallest vape kit is going with me to the Giabts/Bears Game tonight and that is an Istick TC40W with a Nautilus X tank on top.

I've seen those ISticks & Nautilus tanks. Sharp looking kits. I'm just not sure I could ever enjoy using tanks again. Being honest though, I've only used the Evod style clearomizers & not some these other kind of tanks. I might genuinely be missing out due to what I perceived as a "bad" experience with clearomizers. If I am then please excuse my ignorance of it. Will stick to my RDAS, for now at least. :)

VU Sponsors