Become a Patron!

Have a 'FlavorArt' Cigar?

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, I'm no cigar expert or anything. Never much cared for smoking them, likely because I never had a good one, but I love a cigar vape. I found FlavorArt's Cigar Passion to be a great base to start a cigar mix with. It has the spicy cedar flavor that I would expect from a good cigar, just stay below 2% or it turns into some sort of mint like flavor.

Cigar Maxx
1-1.5% FA Cigar Passion
1.0% FA Tuscan Reserve
1.0% FA Maxx Blend
0.5% FA Black Fire

This was my first attempt at a cigar mix and I really enjoyed it. You may want to start with 1% Cigar Passion, it is in your face at 1.5. I love me some Maxx Blend, so... yeah! Tuscan Reserve is a very nice cigar vape on it's own, I like it at 2-2.5%. Black Fire adds some smokiness, I would say it's optional.

Montecristo No. 2
1-1.5% FA Cigar Passion
1% FA Cuban Supreme
1% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

This is my interpretation of the world famous Montecristo No. 2 and... yeah it's really good. :p
http://www.puroexpress.com/Online_S...ontecristo_Cigars/Montecristo_No__2__25_.html
"An amazing cigar, rich and full flavored but not overpowering. Dark chocolate, cinnamon and coffee, it has all the quality and tang that one expects from a Montecristo. Delicious!"

Tiramisu covers the chocolate and coffee but I think one could do 0.5% espresso and cocoa each for a similar result. I'm thinking* a small amount of desert ship, like .3%, would go well in this mix.

La Tuscano
LATAKIA 30% TUSCAN RESERVE 30% DARK VAPURE 15% ALMOND 5% BLACK FIRE 10% CARAMEL 10%
This is a flavor recipe from http://www.flavourart.co.uk/recipes.html I would consider this a cigar flavor and think it's really good mixed at 2.5-3%.

Please share any thoughts, tweaks, ideas. I'm lovin the Cigars.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Another cigar person! YAY!!

Looks good.. :D

been playing with the black mile and bm+, interchanging them with the Tuscan Reserve..
bits of vanilla tahiti, coconut and apple pie.. of all things.. ;)

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another cigar person! YAY!!

Looks good.. :D

been playing with the black mile and bm+, interchanging them with the Tuscan Reserve..
bits of vanilla tahiti, coconut and apple pie.. of all things.. ;)

I've been thinking of mixing one with coconut and a little fruit maybe. I've noticed a lot of cigar descriptions include fruity notes.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I've been thinking of mixing one with coconut and a little fruit maybe. I've noticed a lot of cigar descriptions include fruity notes.

yes, nuts and fruits.. some chocolates.. spices are good too.. depending if you like it like that.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

How about coconut with a teeny bit of FA Cardamom? Those two go together so well - gave me nice effects for lighter tobacco flavors. (says the vaper who avoids cigars...)

we2rcool

Member For 4 Years
Montecristo No. 2
1-1.5% FA Cigar Passion
1% FA Cuban Supreme
1% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

This is my interpretation of the world famous Montecristo No. 2 and... yeah it's really good. :p

Tiramisu covers the chocolate and coffee but I think one could do 0.5% espresso and cocoa each for a similar result. I'm thinking* a small amount of desert ship, like .3%, would go well in this mix.

Montecristo No. 2...?... O. M. G. This is fantastical!

'Gotta admit, we both luvLuvLUV Cuban Supreme (it's "SO Cigar"), so we upped it to 1.5% (and used 1% of the Cigar Passion). I knew right away I'd like this, but hubby does not like "coffee"...and even he's lovin' the balance.

Dude, you did GREAT with this one. Aaaaah-mazingly good vape! (and it changes so intriguingly at different voltage/wattages). We'll definitely be mixing up a big bottle of the flavor-mix asap!

We mixed up two cigars of our own last night, and as soon as they've had a week to mellow (after the initial 4 hours @ 150F), we'll post the recipes (as long as they stay as good as they are right now). Right now they're tasting mighty good (hint: they're called Tuscano Cubano and Tuscano Cubano Citron).

Thank you VERY much for that inspired recipe!

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Montecristo No. 2...?... O. M. G. This is fantastical!

'Gotta admit, we both luvLuvLUV Cuban Supreme (it's "SO Cigar"), so we upped it to 1.5% (and used 1% of the Cigar Passion). I knew right away I'd like this, but hubby does not like "coffee"...and even he's lovin' the balance.

Dude, you did GREAT with this one. Aaaaah-mazingly good vape! (and it changes so intriguingly at different voltage/wattages). We'll definitely be mixing up a big bottle of the flavor-mix asap!

We mixed up two cigars of our own last night, and as soon as they've had a week to mellow (after the initial 4 hours @ 150F), we'll post the recipes (as long as they stay as good as they are right now). Right now they're tasting mighty good (hint: they're called Tuscano Cubano and Tuscano Cubano Citron).

Thank you VERY much for that inspired recipe!
:) Thanks, I'm so happy u2 are diggin it! I'll be looking for the Tuscano Cubano's, sounds really good!

NKUNZI

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will try this for sure...

Please let me know if you make any changes, ar add anything...

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will try this for sure...

Please let me know if you make any changes, ar add anything...

I have yet to try but kinda liking we2rcools tweaks, especially bumping the CS up a bit.

Some notes on Cigar Passion, it seems to change a lot as it ages. For me(ymmv), freshly mixed it's kinda mild then as it ages the spicy cedar gets really strong(@~2-4 weeks) but then will mellow out a bit when it finishes.

I haven't had time to mix but have been contemplating Tuscano Isola o_O where Tuscan Reserve would be the main player with HIC's Coconut & Cardamom. I dripped some mixes together and it seemed* to work. I'm thinking maybe a bit of Burley and a touch of some island-like fruit but I'm unsure. :rolleyes:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK I took some inspiration and mixed up some, did not have the cigar passion.
Did a mix of fa and a couple tfa.
1.5% tuscan
1.5% virgina
1.5% 7 leaf.
.5 cubano tfa
.5 latikia
drop of tfa double chocolate, 3 drops of tobacco absolute, 2 drops of cinnamon and coconut.
5 drops of black fire.

now I am having the waiting game to see how it progresses. Most tobaccos I avoid dripping but this is decent in my dripper at .45 ohm.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
These look good, I will definitely use them for a starting point for my cigar blends. One thing I would add is that I often use the terms peppery and raisiny to describe cigar flavors and also a little surprised no one is adding any alcohol flavors to replicate the fermented quality of many cigars. Its probable that these tobacco bases already include these flavors so maybe they are unnecessary. Thanks for all the work guys.

NKUNZI

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would it be ok if I made a suggestion for a few other flavors, some of them not FA.?

NKUNZI

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's okay with me, post what ever you want to share. ;)

I have been in a line of work for 25 years, where I have had the opportunity to smoke a number of Cuba's finest.

Some of my favorites included Romeo Y Julieta, Cohiba, H Upman, Punch, Partagas etc.

This being said, I am no expert - not even close..

After giving up on the bad stuff, and now making juices, I started making it a priority to make the ultimate Cuban type flavor for myself. The way it is going now, I may end up using around 20 or so different flavors.

Bearing in mind that I am in South Africa, getting flavors from FA, TFA, FW and anyone else, tests a persons tolerance of patience to the limit..

This is an experts comments on a Montecristo:

"Smooth soft leather with a bit of pepper is what I taste. Not much of a development in the flavor department at the start. The pepper disappears soon and the leather becomes a bit bitter. After finishing about half the cigar the leather suddenly grows in strength and a nutty flavor supports the leather. The cigar slowly grows in strength and I could even taste a grassy flavor. The finale is wood, toast and nutty".

Expert comments on some of Cuba's other top cigars include:

"the flavor journey the cigar went from sweet coffee tones to dark unsweetened chocolate, hints of cedar and hints of tea. A pleasing mild salt and pepper was evident throughout serving".

"the cigar greets you with a multitude of finely blended flavors to give you a very inviting mocha mixture of rich coffee, cocoa with roasted coffee bean. The classic Cohiba earthiness was there but mainly in the background. The cigar had aged beautifully with no harshness at all. It had just a touch of pleasant complimenting pepper on the palate. Usually I can taste it when a cigar has been harmed by age but there was no mustiness or off flavors coming out of this cigar. The finish was medium with minimal spice. The cigar is somewhat sweeter than I remember it and offered less earthy and grassy notes. The smoke itself had a nice texture. It was velvety and left a pleasant residue on my palate that I likened to molasses with roasted coffee bean flavor".

There are many more very accurate descriptions - if anyone needs them, let me know, and I'll post them.

I am waiting on the following flavors to continue to find the mix I'm looking for - perhaps someone has some of them, and try while I am waiting:

FA Black Touch
FA Bitter Wizard
FA Black Cherry
FA Oak Wood

FW Merlot Wine
FW Biscotti

TFA Kona
TFA Plum
TFA Mary Jane
TFA Sweet Woodruff
TFA Molasses
TFA Raisin

Some of these may only end up being 0. xx of a % of the final mix.

These will probably only arrive in about 3 weeks or so. Will probably add a few more to the order before Monday.

There are a few other descriptions I am looking at, and if anyone is interested, I can post them at a later stage.

Please let me know what you all think....?

Last edited:

disco180

Member For 4 Years
Great description find Nkunzi...This makes me think of

FA Black Tea
FA Dark Vapour
FA Cuban Supreme
TFA Acetyl Pyrazyine
FA Coffee Expresso

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been in a line of work for 25 years, where I have had the opportunity to smoke a number of Cuba's finest.

Some of my favorites included Romeo Y Julieta, Cohiba, H Upman, Punch, Partagas etc.

This being said, I am no expert - not even close..

After giving up on the bad stuff, and now making juices, I started making it a priority to make the ultimate Cuban type flavor for myself. The way it is going now, I may end up using around 20 or so different flavors.

Bearing in mind that I am in South Africa, getting flavors from FA, TFA, FW and anyone else, tests a persons tolerance of patience to the limit..

This is an experts comments on a Montecristo:

"Smooth soft leather with a bit of pepper is what I taste. Not much of a development in the flavor department at the start. The pepper disappears soon and the leather becomes a bit bitter. After finishing about half the cigar the leather suddenly grows in strength and a nutty flavor supports the leather. The cigar slowly grows in strength and I could even taste a grassy flavor. The finale is wood, toast and nutty".

Expert comments on some of Cuba's other top cigars include:

"the flavor journey the cigar went from sweet coffee tones to dark unsweetened chocolate, hints of cedar and hints of tea. A pleasing mild salt and pepper was evident throughout serving".

"the cigar greets you with a multitude of finely blended flavors to give you a very inviting mocha mixture of rich coffee, cocoa with roasted coffee bean. The classic Cohiba earthiness was there but mainly in the background. The cigar had aged beautifully with no harshness at all. It had just a touch of pleasant complimenting pepper on the palate. Usually I can taste it when a cigar has been harmed by age but there was no mustiness or off flavors coming out of this cigar. The finish was medium with minimal spice. The cigar is somewhat sweeter than I remember it and offered less earthy and grassy notes. The smoke itself had a nice texture. It was velvety and left a pleasant residue on my palate that I likened to molasses with roasted coffee bean flavor".

There are many more very accurate descriptions - if anyone needs them, let me know, and I'll post them.

I am waiting on the following flavors to continue to find the mix I'm looking for - perhaps someone has some of them, and try while I am waiting:

FA Black Touch
FA Bitter Wizard
FA Black Cherry
FA Oak Wood

FW Merlot Wine
FW Biscotti

TFA Kona
TFA Plum
TFA Mary Jane
TFA Sweet Woodruff
TFA Molasses
TFA Raisin

Some of these may only end up being 0. xx of a % of the final mix.

These will probably only arrive in about 3 weeks or so. Will probably add a few more to the order before Monday.

There are a few other descriptions I am looking at, and if anyone is interested, I can post them at a later stage.

Please let me know what you all think....?
Being from South Africa maybe you could try to replicate that wonderful wrapper the Cameroon? H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon and Oliva G are some of my all time faves.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isola Tuscano
1.5% FA Tuscan Reserve
1.0% FA Coconut
1.0% FA Banana
0.5% FA Burley
0.3% FA Cardamon

Running with @HeadInClouds idea of coconut and cardamon I wanted to mix a sort of tropical cigar. This is kinda light and little green but definitely screams cigar. I was struggling with this recipe a bit until I added the banana. At 1% the banana isn't very discernible but it really enhances the tobacco and brings everything together, kinda like a good wrapper.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
YOu guys make cigars sound soooo taaaasty! Do you think a tobacco-lightweight who can't stand a real cigar might like vaping these?

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always liked a fine cigar. Do these taste like tobacco at all? When I first quit smoking cigarettes I wanted tobacco e-juice and I mean nothing else. The first bottle of juice I got tastes like maple syrup nothing near tobacco lol.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YOu guys make cigars sound soooo taaaasty! Do you think a tobacco-lightweight who can't stand a real cigar might like vaping these?

Maybe you could mix lower percents? I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a use for Cigar Passion, that cedar flavor is so profound.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always liked a fine cigar. Do these taste like tobacco at all? When I first quit smoking cigarettes I wanted tobacco e-juice and I mean nothing else. The first bottle of juice I got tastes like maple syrup nothing near tobacco lol.

I think they do, somewhat, it's subjective. A lot of vendor tobaccos aren't really trying to replicate but are more of tobacco flavored dessert.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe you could mix lower percents? I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a use for Cigar Passion, that cedar flavor is so profound.

Cigar Passion is one I don't have - because 'cigar' is in the name. It's cedar? Is it smoky or is it dry/raw wood like Oakwood? I'd like to read your comments on it, if you have time!

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cigar Passion is one I don't have - because 'cigar' is in the name. It's cedar? Is it smoky or is it dry/raw wood like Oakwood? I'd like to read your comments on it, if you have time!

When freshly mixed there is a good neutral tobacco flavor, much like Cuban Supream, with a very distinct cedar flavor just like the fresh cut wood smells. As it ages the cedar flavor gets stronger, more spicy and IMO takes over.

I mixed some at 3% once and after a couple of weeks, if I didn't know better, I would have thought it was some sort of peppermint.o_O

I just put a drop in 3ml, shake and vape.... mmmm... it's really good and mild, freshly mixed.

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Montecristo No. 21-1.5% FA Cigar Passion
1% FA Cuban Supreme
1% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

Mixed this up yesterday and gave it a quick steep. Dude, this is awesome. I love this! That cigar passion is killer. I like the Tuscan Reserve just as much too. Thanks for this, this is the original recipe I saw and you convinced me to give tobaccos a shot. This is great!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

i have that one.. will break it out sometime tomorrow..

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I finally got to try out the Montecristo No.2. Its still fresh so I will have to wait and see how it steeps but it is very tasty. I might say its quite a bit more tasty than the real thing. I have never had a Cuban Montecristo but I have had some of the Dominican versions. In my opinion the coffee and chocolate flavors are far more pronounced in this recipe than in the cigar and the tobacco is quite a bit milder. That is at least during the draw and exhale. The aftertaste is very similar. The Montecristo no.2 is not an extremely bold cigar but it still coats your mouth with that mouth watering, sort of bitter, tobacco flavor almost like a burnt caramel. For me (FA) Tiramisu has overwhelmed everything I have mixed it with and this is one of the best uses I have found for it yet but I'm losing the tobacco until the very end of the exhale. I expect the tobaccos to change quite a bit as it steeps so I'm looking forward to it. The cinnamon is great and I wouldn't have thought of that. Might sound like I'm knocking the recipe but I'm not. Just trying to give a thorough critique. Good work.

Last edited:

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@RyGon Adding 0.25 - 0.5% Dark Vapure would likely give you that bitter flavor your missing. I may have to try it myself, it sounds good to me. ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@RyGon Adding 0.25 - 0.5% Dark Vapure would likely give you that bitter flavor your missing. I may have to try it myself, it sounds good to me. ;)

actually, .5% and no more.. it will give a harsh taste the first day and then tone itself down to smooth smoky-ness ;)

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll give it a try. I am really curious about the Dark Vapure, Perique Black, and Burley I just got recently. I am going to steep this 6ml of your original recipe first.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'll give it a try. I am really curious about the Dark Vapure, Perique Black, and Burley I just got recently. I am going to steep this 6ml of your original recipe first.

best thing to do with each one is play with them solo, before mixing into a recipe ;)

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
First, I'm no cigar expert or anything. Never much cared for smoking them, likely because I never had a good one, but I love a cigar vape. I found FlavorArt's Cigar Passion to be a great base to start a cigar mix with. It has the spicy cedar flavor that I would expect from a good cigar, just stay below 2% or it turns into some sort of mint like flavor.

Cigar Maxx
1-1.5% FA Cigar Passion
1.0% FA Tuscan Reserve
1.0% FA Maxx Blend
0.5% FA Black Fire

This was my first attempt at a cigar mix and I really enjoyed it. You may want to start with 1% Cigar Passion, it is in your face at 1.5. I love me some Maxx Blend, so... yeah! Tuscan Reserve is a very nice cigar vape on it's own, I like it at 2-2.5%. Black Fire adds some smokiness, I would say it's optional.

Montecristo No. 2
1-1.5% FA Cigar Passion
1% FA Cuban Supreme
1% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

La Tuscano

This is a flavor recipe from http://www.flavourart.co.uk/recipes.html I would consider this a cigar flavor and think it's really good mixed at 2.5-3%.

Please share any thoughts, tweaks, ideas. I'm lovin the Cigars.
Hey, man. I made this about 3 weeks ago and am just vaping it now.This is Top-Shelf, Sir.
This is being vaped with a dark full bodied German beer and a chunk of dried venison sausage by the bonfire.
Yeah, it's that good.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, man. I made this about 3 weeks ago and am just vaping it now.This is Top-Shelf, Sir.
This is being vaped with a dark full bodied German beer and a chunk of dried venison sausage by the bonfire.
Yeah, it's that good.

That sounds pretty awesome! I love some venison... and beer... and bonfires.... and cigar vapes. :D

Happy your enjoying the vape.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok..so.I'm probably outta line here, and I already know this is not the place but whatever. There was a member earlier in this thread that had a pic of a dead elephant as his avatar, and basically advertised his business of taking rich westerners out to kill vanishing big game wildlife in his signature and I'm the only one that has an issue with this? Or was there something that I missed? Listen everybody does what they do and that's fine and dandy but what the fuck? I don't judge anybody for too much of anything, but I feel safe.in saying I feel the presence of a scum douchbag, and to not say anything just makes me complicit. Brad (nkunzi) do the world a favor and please go back to smoking. A lot. Thank you. Go fuck yourself while your at it

By the way Down, some really nice stuff here, really , and sorry to go all soapbox all over the place

VU Sponsors