Become a Patron!

Have You Ever "Doctored Up" A Pre-Made Juice?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a number of juices that I have lying around that are just okay in flavor. Either they seem to be missing something, or are just too light on the flavor. The more new flavors I try, the more I seem to steer away from the ones I already have. But it seems such a waste to just let them sit there. I've mixed a few together (Hangsten Menthol w/ RY4 for example) with some varying results.

I'm getting a bunch of FlavourArt flavors in tomorrow (VAPE MAIL!!! :):):)) and plan on taking these leftovers and making them better.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will admit, I have done this. Some great results and some not so much lol

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Menthol can be added to just about any flavor if thats what you like to give you that cool minty hit. So can a Cool mint, if you aren't a fan of real menthol (like me)

You can use a TFA (The Flavors Apprentice) Sweetner or Ethyl Maltol.

I have used Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy from CAP (Capellas) with great results as well.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could just mix some of the juices together.
I've done that plenty of times with my mount baker vapor liquids before I got into DIY

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've combined three custard based flavors into one bottle simply because each of the three were almost gone and it has worked ok. On the other hand, I combined two similar fruit flavors, strawberry based, and got something almost un-vapable.
Keeping some sweetner on hand can be a best friend.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I do it all the time.

I have a large bottle of a tobacco flavor that I put in smaller bottles then add a different flavor concentrate.

And then as a matter of course, I combine BEJ Coffee, Hazelnut and Brandy.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do it all the time.

I have a large bottle of a tobacco flavor that I put in smaller bottles then add a different flavor concentrate.

And then as a matter of course, I combine BEJ Coffee, Hazelnut and Brandy.
Do you just "Eyeball it", or do you get all technical with percentages? I'm assuming you just "pinch a dis, pinch a dat" like I probably would.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes! When I started with diy, I had bottles of vendor juices that needed a little help...so, a drop of this, a few drops of that later, and I had pretty good juice. I figured it couldn't hurt, might as well try to save them.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a number of juices that I have lying around that are just okay in flavor. Either they seem to be missing something, or are just too light on the flavor. The more new flavors I try, the more I seem to steer away from the ones I already have. But it seems such a waste to just let them sit there. I've mixed a few together (Hangsten Menthol w/ RY4 for example) with some varying results.

I'm getting a bunch of FlavourArt flavors in tomorrow (VAPE MAIL!!! :):):)) and plan on taking these leftovers and making them better.
I bought a bunch of 99-cent 15ml bottles from Killer Juice back when they used to have such sales every week, and almost every one of them was super light on flavor. I doctored them all, over time, but I had to be really careful, I discovered, because not knowing what is already in the juice makes it hard to predict how it will react to added flavor. In almost every case, the flavor I could barely taste (or sometimes not taste at all) to begin with, kind of blossomed when I added additional flavor.

How would I go about decreasing the potency of nicotine in my bulk ejuice I just bought? I got a 500 ml bottle of fruit punch from heartland vapes with 12 mg of nicotine concentration..since they didnt have anything slightly above 6 mg. But its just too potent for me to enjoy my new sigelei 150 w.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought a bunch of 99-cent 15ml bottles from Killer Juice back when they used to have such sales every week, and almost every one of them was super light on flavor. I doctored them all, over time, but I had to be really careful, I discovered, because not knowing what is already in the juice makes it hard to predict how it will react to added flavor. In almost every case, the flavor I could barely taste (or sometimes not taste at all) to begin with, kind of blossomed when I added additional flavor.
Haha. I did the exact same thing. Got about 50 bottles. Now I just use them for my nicotine base. Cant even taste the original flavor. They were 12 mg and I vape 3 mg now, so I dont have to use much.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How would I go about decreasing the potency of nicotine in my bulk ejuice I just bought? I got a 500 ml bottle of fruit punch from heartland vapes with 12 mg of nicotine concentration..since they didnt have anything slightly above 6 mg. But its just too potent for me to enjoy my new sigelei 150 w.
Use either vg or pg to dilute, but you will loose alot of flavor. You can also buy 0 nic of the same flavor and dilute with that. This way will keep the flavor intact.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha. I did the exact same thing. Got about 50 bottles. Now I just use them for my nicotine base. Cant even taste the original flavor. They were 12 mg and I vape 3 mg now, so I dont have to use much.
Wow, heh. There must be a lot of us out here. So I guess you don't find the flavor suddenly comes out of nowhere when you add more? For me it varies from flavor to flavor, but it's almost always there more than before when I add something new.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use the fruit flavors as the base. They have next to 0 flavor. There other flavors I don't really vape. Antivenom is an interesting change.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
When I started vaping and used vendor liquids, I'd often mix them together to get a little variety. Then I discovered DIY was possible and totally went off the deep end, mixing constantly. I'm still here in the deep end, mixing. :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'll be different , dont worry about doctoring that stuff up. find someone in the trading thing that will pay the shipping and PIF it to someone lol !

Azrael Ibanez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use either vg or pg to dilute, but you will loose alot of flavor. You can also buy 0 nic of the same flavor and dilute with that. This way will keep the flavor intact.
Exactly. When I first started out I was using the Mark 10 cigalike and started refilling them with juice rather than buy new cartridges of that nasty crap they use. 12 mg nic was perfect for that and I had quite a few bottles. When I upgraded to an ego style with a tank, the 12 was way too much so I just bought 0 mg bottles of the same flavors I had, mixed them down to 6 mg, and I was golden.
But yea, I also mix a little of this and a little of that sometimes just to experiment and it usually works out pretty well.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done it. I started out vaping OB from Suicide Bunny but I found it too rich for my taste. So eventually what I wound up doing was Getting a 15ml bottle of twice the nic strength I needed, and I would dilute it with my on VG/PG mix (no nic) @ 1:1.. Ended up with twice the juice for the price and it was still enough flavor for me (at the time)...

Now days, my pallet is a little more.. uhm, refined.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've done it. I started out vaping OB from Suicide Bunny but I found it too rich for my taste. So eventually what I wound up doing was Getting a 15ml bottle of twice the nic strength I needed, and I would dilute it with my on VG/PG mix (no nic) @ 1:1.. Ended up with twice the juice for the price and it was still enough flavor for me (at the time)...

Now days, my pallet is a little more.. uhm, refined.
Refined, as in, you need more flavor or less? Myself, I feel like lowering the percentage of flavoring I need to feel happy & satisfied is a refinement.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that I always do that--sometimes I spike my juice with what many people would think way too much flavoring. Strength of juice is definitely something I can train myself to become accustomed to, though... it's very malleable.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Refined, as in, you need more flavor or less? Myself, I feel like lowering the percentage of flavoring I need to feel happy & satisfied is a refinement.

If I had to quantify it I would say more. At the time, I was vaping with a Nautilus mini and a little 15w battery. Don't get me wrong, for a tank it was decent for flavor, but it pales in comparison to a good RDA. Not to mention the DIY side of things.

I haven't touched vendor juice since I got my first flavor concentrates in. I have a full 30 ml bottle of SB Claim Your Throne that I've virtually not touched because my supplies came in right after I got it.. lol. It's a little heavy on the butterscotch for me anyway. Maybe I'll butcher that one up as well..

VU Sponsors