Become a Patron!

Having trouble getting the flavor I want

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just did three different blends for a peanut butter banana rice crispy treat.

Using TFA Peanut Butter, TFA Toasted Marshmallow, TFA Banana Cream, and TFA Rice Crunchies... Added Cap Vanilla Custard and CAP Sweet Cream in different blends, but no PB flavor or Marshmallow are coming out.

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry about that.

TFA PB 10%
TFA Banana Cream 3%
TFA Toasted Marshmallow 4%
TFA Rice Crunchies 3%
CAP Vanilla Custard 5%

This was my last blend, but I mostly get the Rice Crunchies followed by Banana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't use several of those flavors but I do know TFA PB. Let me ask a few more questions to perhaps get more help for you.

Have you tried these flavors alone? Some flavors are more concentrated than others and the RC may be very concentrated if that is all you are getting.

Another thought is you may have too much flavoring. 25% is very high and when you go too high on percentages the flavors get muted. A lot of times more is less and less is more.

TFA PB stand alone I use at 8% but when adding other flavors I decrease that to 4-5% depending on what I am mixing with it. If you find a good stand alone percentage that works for you it is easier to mix more things in. Try mixing your stand alone flavors together until you have the ratio you like.

If I were mixing the above recipe I would leave out the custard, lower the marshmallow to 1-1.5% and the PB to 5%. I don't know about the BC or RC though. Hopefully someone that knows those flavors will be more help to you. Good luck!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Marshmallow doesn't really taste like real Marshmallows, it's mostly just sweet.

And, yes, as stated above, the Custard can be overpowering...

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try adding 1 drop of Acetyl Pyrazine per 10ml. Additionally, I find 1% Lemon juice helps to get peanut butter to be the front runner in my mixes like this. I can't say for sure it'll work as I haven't used rice crunchies before but everything else looks standard to me. TFA PB just isn't a strong front runner flavor once added to a mix.

VU Sponsors