Become a Patron!

Having trouble with 24g twisted coils... Help?

noodle-scoop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had Dual Claptons in and they were great but I finally took them out to put in these twisted coils. They're 24g kanthal and firing at .14 ohms.
My problem is I've re wicked twice and even at 70 watts I'm getting dry hits. I was firing my claptons at 120w at .24 ohms.

Please help me.
a24417acbe3daee6d4eb22c1cb1923e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi, i wish i could help but im still new to this... I wanted to ask you. What boxmod you using. Looks really sick...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

noodle-scoop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's an xcube 2. It's wonderful :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had Dual Claptons in and they were great but I finally took them out to put in these twisted coils. They're 24g kanthal and firing at .14 ohms.
My problem is I've re wicked twice and even at 70 watts I'm getting dry hits. I was firing my claptons at 120w at .24 ohms.

Please help me.
a24417acbe3daee6d4eb22c1cb1923e5.jpg

Sounds like you may have gotten a little too much cotton in there. If you put too much cotton in when you rewick it can kill the capillary action and cause dry hits. Also remember; claptons have more surface area than the twisted coils, thus displace more juice when fired. Maybe rewick with your cotton a little looser in the coil. Nice x cube 2 btw. My son loves his!

noodle-scoop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took my twisted coils out after re wicking SEVEN times. Put claptons in, and what do you know: still dry hits.
The only thing that has changed is the brand of cotton. I was using Kamikaze organic jap. Cotton. Now I'm using Wicked cotton organic jap. Cotton.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use Japanese organic cotton and have no issues with it. Hmmmm...

noodle-scoop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first brand was fine

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I run quad coils at .14 ohms and push 300 watts + at them with no dry hits.

VU Sponsors