Become a Patron!

Hazel-Eyed Cuban

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the record, I think Cuban folks with hazel eyes are beautiful people... please forgive the convenient nomenclature
No recipe is ever perfect but this hasn't changed despite me vaping 100's of mL, so it's time to share.

Hazel Eyed Cuban
3% Hazelnut v2 CAP
2% Cuban Supreme FA
2% Vanilla Custard v2 CAP
1.75% Coconut FA
0.75% Whipped Cream TFA
0.75% EM 10% in PG or Cotton Candy TFA
0.5% Vanilla Classic FA

Steep: Fresh after shake and short hot bath, 1 week

One of my ADV's. Shake, hot bath and vape for bold flavor, let steep if you want it smoother and mellow. Fresh, the tobacco is more pronounced. Steeped, the whipped cream contributes a fluff to the texture/finish and the EM "caramelizes" the tobacco.

When I experiment with this mix, I sub out the whipped cream and the vanilla - I like everything else where it is. Also, I often visit adding Popcorn TFA @ 0.5% to this - ends up very rich and sweet, very "dessert." Try the original first or split the batch.

Originally inspired by Chopper71 @ ECF - "Cuban Paradise"

Notes - Originally I incrementally dropped the hazelnut and increased the coconut from the chopper71 version, and added others sub 1%. If I was making this for storage 2+ weeks, I would add 0.5% to the tobacco and 0.25% EM. MANY of my failed experiments were attempts make Hazel Grove FA work... failed.

With most custard recipes, I prefer 2+ weeks steep, but according to my palette, this is an exception.

Enjoy this fluffy-sweet tobacco treat!

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing with us. Today's assignment, will try and keep you posted.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Although, I've been watching this thread, I totally forgot about this recipe. However, now I have to wait for my new VG. I hope, I'm not running out of juice by then.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been making a "woody" version of this recently with .5% less hazelnut and adding 1% Toasted Almond, (TPA and CAP are very similar). This scratches my tobacco itch more so than my sweet tooth, and makes a 2 day steep sort of mandatory, especially if I bump the Cuban up .5% to darken it up even more, depending on my mood and general curiosity...

For patient mixers (I am not), something golden and magical happens between the Cuban and EM after a week+, and if you like a bold vape, skipping the whipped cream (mellows mouth feel) might be a good idea for you if you can wait a week. (Applies to "woody" and "original" versions.).

edit: If, with your PG/VG ratio choice and your hardware set up, you are experiencing any sharpness with any of the versions, steeping should fix that. Simple Cuban + EM combinations and most CAP VCv2 mixes require a steep IMO and your taste buds may demand it... happy mixing :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors