Become a Patron!

Health hazard fast tech god mod

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recently bought this mod from ft received it 2 week ago as i was taking out my battery current sent trought the 3 batt and took the liberty to leaveby that blackened screw you see on the left
968ad8e71d075ad7a4853385c3155c1b.jpg
so to top it off i didnt just loose the godmod but also one of my so precious vtc5 and maybe 3 cause they shorted im just glad i had it in my hand when it happen and not sleeping

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad your ok Vapopat. Sorry for the loss of a mod and a good battery.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't recall where I found it, was searching when I was interested, I will see if I can find it again...I did not go forward with buying one because of that

GulfVapor

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That design is 6 different shades of retarded. :| Poor engineering at its finest.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pegasus Vape Academy say fasttech sell GodMod crone.

Buying a cloned design of such high watts? I'd be skeptical of the firmware let alone the hardware.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really grateful you posted this. I have a godmod and mostly use it at home due to its size and weight. It works extremely well and lasts forever on a charge. I looked at mine to see how this was possible. When the batteries are inserted properly they do not touch any of the screws. There is a piece of foam on the lid that compresses against the batteries when screwed down that is supposed to prevent batteries from being able to move. I banged mine against my hand several times to see if I could make them move. I was unable to do so. Those screws bolt into the case which should be ground (negative) so if they were to cut through the battery plastic coating they would touch the negative of the battery. This does not make sense to me. If that screw is in contact with a positive on the board then it should short directly to case. For an immediate quick fix I trimmed a glue stick for each side of the case to prevent this from happening. I will get my multimeter out this weekend and see what I can discover. When I first got this mod I thought that compressing foam by tightening the lid was a hokey way of doing things. However it has been working well for me and I never gave it another thought. If they had used rigid plastic with the battery contour it would work.

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank celtic im safe and that the most important also id like to had that fast tech said that the god mod is authentic and they offered to replace it but i have to say that ive reboot it with other battery and itwork i think it me that turn the battery while taking it out so it not a suddent malfunction it only bad design causethe screws are sharp so ill fix it with a bit of glue just to soften up the tip ill krep updating if anything new happen

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cover those screws with electrical tape to be sure.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank celtic im safe and that the most important also id like to had that fast tech said that the god mod is authentic and they offered to replace it but i have to say that ive reboot it with other battery and itwork i think it me that turn the battery while taking it out so it not a suddent malfunction it only bad design causethe screws are sharp so ill fix it with a bit of glue just to soften up the tip ill krep updating if anything new happen
When fasttech say authentic they're sometimes referring to the company that manufactured the cloned. For example "an authentic HCigar". This is another reason why not all their replaceable coil heads and other parts fit mods and tanks. Anyway, I've gotten off the ops subject.

The original manufacture of the GodMod said they were surprised fasttech were selling it and it wasn't theirs. See Pegasus Vape Academy on YouTube.

VU Sponsors