Health issues? Need input?

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sorry this is long but

- I quit smoking cigarettes 2+ weeks ago and started using an e-cig... First Aerotank mini, then another, then a nautilus mini... And at first I was looking for a match to my camel crush that I've been burning for so many years- now it's all about the flavors- more on that later- so I have 3 tanks +batteries to match...

Everything was fine until last Tuesday, 1week ago, got a little dizzy after work...thought nothing of it.. The following day went into work at 3pm and had a full blown vertigo/panic attack... Ps Im using vertigo cause that's the best way to describe it...

Went home relaxed- went to dr the next day y bc the vertigo was getting worse- had blood work and came back ok- nothing crazy- stopped using my vape and analogs... That was last Wednesday

Friday it became much much worse- went to work and had the same episode but much more intense..... Had to be driveN to the ER that night and was CT scanned and blood taken again... They gave me Valium and sent me home

I now can't drive or work-

Went to an ENT DR yesterday and she suspects an infection and I now take some steroid for 7 days... Not really working and I got bored so I hit my vapes and immediatly I feel the dizziness coming back... My juices are a mix - some 40/60, 50/50, and one is 100% vg.... All the same result ...

Here's my questin (besides wtf Is wrong with me) has PG allergies ever manifested itself like this before? I've been doing a lot of reading about nic withdrawal and allergies but haven't come across anything similar to what happening to me....

Ps MRI Thursday hopefully!

Any advice would be appreciated

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Agree with Whiskey... sounds like too much nicotine to me.
Try lower nicotine and see how you do.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry but it's 6- started with 12 and I found that to give me a head rush so I lowered to 6... All differnt juices-
CRFT, MERKURY, cottonwood, uncle junk, Ripe Vapes...

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish it was the nic

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry to hear and hope they find out what is causing this.
I know how bad it is.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's weird that 12mg would give you a head rush coming off of Camel's... I can't imagine that it's related to the nic from the juice given the variety that you have tried. My first guess was nic withdrawals because you don't get as much of a nic effect when vaping.

I had to 24mg to get any sort of rush when I started and that was coming from Marlboro Light 100's and Special Blend Light 100's at half a pack to a pack a day.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm... I must be doing something wrong... Dammit

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It may not be you are doing something wrong.
The body goes through sometimes drastic changes.
Cigarettes have LOTS of things in them your body is no longer getting.
That is a good thing but sometimes takes awhile to adjust to that.

You are doing the right thing in seeing your doctor about this.
I hope they find an easy fix and things get back to normal for you soon.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Depending on the amount of vape you are getting, even 6 can be tough. When dripping, I started with 6 and with 2 weeks since I stopped smoking I would get sick from the nic. Some other possibilities:
Allergies? You may be allergic to PG or VG. I believe it is more common to be allergic to VG. What blend do you vape?
Dehydration? VG metabolizes similar to sugar resulting in lactic acid. If you are a heavy vaper and vaping high VG you should drink more water. This is probably a good idea regardless of what you are vaping.

If all else fails, can always see the doc.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone for your replies...
I have a variety of blends- 40/60, 50/50, and one 100% vg

Tried em all.. Same dizzy result... Hopefully I'm on the way back to being human...

Meh...

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And the other terrible side effect, I was trying to convince my fiancé to quit smoking as well... Now with a trip to the ER and multiple dr visits- my case is looking pretty shitty

nogalesvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Niconico im no dr but from personal experience i had never had an adverse reaction from vaping until last week. I tried a juice that i really wanted to like so i over did the first hit , besides the gross flavor i had a bad headache the rest of the night. My point is every body is different and you might benifit from trying unflavored juice so you can start ruling things out. If you get a reaction again try 0mg and so on

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@nogalesvape has a great suggestion. Unflavored base would be a really good control baseline. could then vary percentages from whatever you try first and then nic levels and possibly even different nic brands.

What brands and flavors are the juices you are using currently?

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea- sounds like a plan, I've been reluctant to try that because I had been vaping for about 9-10 days before I startd getting ill...

The last 2 flavors I purchased the day before I got ill were
Cottonwood Unicornmilk
Merkury Slurp

If I'm allergic to ingrediens in these two ill be soooo pissed....

Well, zero nic, zero flavor vape juice here I come- soon as I can drive- I left it at work last Friday and it probably has 4 feet of snow on it.

Nogalsvape: what juice made you sick? Was it a regular brand or house made?

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a stupid question and suggestion.... But

How much water are you drinking?

I get nauseated... Think it's the nicotine level but when I drink a crap load of water the nausea goes away. So maybe upping water intake would be helpful as well. But you're probably already doing that. If so disregard.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try cutting out the Cuttwood Unicornmilk (notice spelling) there was some medical controsvary regarding it earlier this year. Don't know what issues there may be today, but even if they have been resolved it's possible that you got an old bottle.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not stupid- that was my first thought - I drink tons I think- my pee is clear and no other dehydration side effect- they gave me a saline bag in the ER Friday night but it didn't help my symptoms ....

The also tried 10cc of Valium which while awesome- did not help my brain either....

nogalesvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nogalsvape: what juice made you sick? Was it a regular brand or house made?

It was dulce de leche from mt baker. Ive tried tons of different flavors fron them and they are all outstanding flavors but just this one didnt agree with me

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you go from smoking a pack of cigs a day to none per day?
Cigs have 1000's of chemicals in them, not just nicotine.
It may be possible that withdraw of one of the other chemicals in cig is the problem
I tapered off cigs with a few less per day for several weeks before I quit all together.
A easy test would be to smoke a cig and take note of how you feel.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW, you said that you smoked Camel's, but how many a day and regular or light?

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you go from smoking a pack of cigs a day to none per day?
Cigs have 1000's of chemicals in them, not just nicotine.
It may be possible that withdraw of one of the other chemicals in cig is the problem
I tapered off cigs with a few less per day for several weeks before I quit all together.
A easy test would be to smoke a cig and take note of how you feel.

Yea.. A pack plus a day to vaping...
I've read about that... Kinda too scared to now-- nic withdrawal... I thought the nic in the vape would supplement???

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dizziness and vertigo is a symptom of cigarette disuse. One major note: monoamine oxidase inhibitors aka MAOI's present in tobacco cigarettes. I had a rough time converting to a ecig. I had to titrate my cigs/treat them as a medicine in order to compensate for the withdrawal symptoms. Vertigo and depression was on my list as well as many others.

No depression but super disabling vertigo... Like I can't drive work or talk -- that bad of vertigo for over 5 days???

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW, you said that you smoked Camel's, but how many a day and regular or light?

Camel crush blue- I guess they are like a light- never really popped em for menthol- sometimes....

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe go to a doctor

Did and done! General DR on wed , ER Friday night, ENT yesterday and I'm getting a brain MRI TOMORROW!! Yaaa!!!!

I think I'm gonna buy a pack of camel crush like Rmarcusy said....

I've been taking a drag here and there from my girls parliament lights and it has zero effect...

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did and done! General DR on wed , ER Friday night, ENT yesterday and I'm getting a brain MRI TOMORROW!! Yaaa!!!!

I think I'm gonna buy a pack of camel crush like Rmarcusy said....

I've been taking a drag here and there from my girls parliament lights and it has zero effect...
this actually sounds too flipping familier. There is a guy I work with that has anxiety that tried switching to Vaping. It increased his anxiety majorly.

A few years ago I had a bad reaction to birth control, but you're not female. Still your symptoms sound like mine. I was down for the count for a month, I had to pop Xanax like candy until the Celexa kicked in. I literally had a month long panic attack complete with disorientation, dizzy, couldn't drive worth a shit, plus plus plus. I felt like hell, like my brain said hey I'm going to take you on a crazy roller coaster ride.

nogalesvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
good luck on your MRI tomorow I hope for you and your family that its nothing major.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this actually sounds too flipping familier. There is a guy I work with that has anxiety that tried switching to Vaping. It increased his anxiety majorly.

A few years ago I had a bad reaction to birth control, but you're not female. Still your symptoms sound like mine. I was down for the count for a month, I had to pop Xanax like candy until the Celexa kicked in. I literally had a month long panic attack complete with disorientation, dizzy, couldn't drive worth a shit, plus plus plus. I felt like hell, like my brain said hey I'm going to take you on a crazy roller coaster ride.

No anxiety here... Super chill person, almost no stress-- a month you say?
Fudge-
I hate Xanax - I have a mmj card but smoking, vaping, or eating pot makes it worse.. Super sux

Gonna research celexa now

Thank

Thanks nogalesvape- fingers crossed

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fudge-
I hate Xanax - I have a mmj card but smoking, vaping, or eating pot makes it worse.. Super sux

Thank

Make sure you research that Cuttwood Unicornmilk too. Like I mentioned there was some medical hubbub about it earlier this year. I didn't read it in detail but it might be related and you might want to talk to your doctor about what you find.

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fudge-

Thank

but you were having panic attacks now and recently right? I don't like Xanax either....might wanna ask for klonopin see if that works... It could be allergic or your head didn't like it... Or like another poster said you went into like a shock since you're not inhaling the other crap

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all I wish you well!

By chance were you using a brand new tank for the first time when this started?

Or a new batch of heads?

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you research that Cuttwood Unicornmilk too. Like I mentioned there was some medical hubbub about it earlier this year. I didn't read it in detail but it might be related and you might want to talk to your doctor about what you find.

- yea just saw that.. Titanium dust or something- the bottle I purchased was clearer liquid then the ones with the titanium... They were cloudy looking- Thanks for heads up though

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
but you were having panic attacks now and recently right? I don't like Xanax either....might wanna ask for klonopin see if that works... It could be allergic or your head didn't like it... Or like another poster said you went into like a shock since you're not inhaling the other crap

If that is the case any idea of how long it will last for my body to kick out the other. Shit? Should I just sit in a sauna and run on a tread mill or do a juice cleanse??? To speed it up...

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First of all I wish you well!

By chance were you using a brand new tank for the first time when this started?

Or a new batch of heads?

Not really... I switched out heads a lot in those first couple of days... And yes the thanks were new and not cleaned...
But a week in I bought an ultra sonic cleaners to clean my tanks/parts - just water and kettle one...
So yes heads were new

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that is the case any idea of how long it will last for my body to kick out the other. Shit? Should I just sit in a sauna and run on a tread mill or do a juice cleanse??? To speed it up...

tbh, if it's your brain that said "fuck" and went into a panic mode. You should be gentle with yourself, avoid caffeine. I was so messed up I thought I was dieing every day. I'd say you're doing pretty good considering you can type a coherent message. ;)

How are you feeling right now anyway? From head to toe.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not really... I switched out heads a lot in those first couple of days... And yes the thanks were new and not cleaned...
But a week in I bought an ultra sonic cleaners to clean my tanks/parts - just water and kettle one...
So yes heads were new

I really wish I could be of more help to you.

I have been following this thread since you started it and have been doing some research. My last stab at an answer for you was that you had a touch of "Industrial Disease" possibly do to leftover machine oil or an allergy to outgassing from the metals in the coils.

Best of luck to you!

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
tbh, if it's your brain that said "fuck" and went into a panic mode. You should be gentle with yourself, avoid caffeine. I was so messed up I thought I was dieing every day. I'd say you're doing pretty good considering you can type a coherent message. ;)

How are you feeling right now anyway? From head to toe.

Good and bad at the same time... Too much reading my iPad and my heart and head goes out to lunch...
I can lay around and move slow and I'm at like a 4/5 pain level- but simple reading or watching tv it gets jacked up to an 8/9 pretty fast...
And I'm not sure about the "pain" word... More like disoriented and losing my shit- which I personnaly think sucks more then if it just hurt like a broken limb... At least then I could take a pill and numb it...

Advil and Aleve don't work either..

I guess you could say I'm 15% better then Sunday- Sunday/Monday was worst ... Started my steroids Monday plus I went to my Acupuncture guy... Diff not as fast as I'd like... Certain things kill me... Prolly doesn't help that is 0 outside .... I've tried 2 different vertigo techniques but it doesn't reallyhelp -

Thanks

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really wish I could be of more help to you.

I have been following this thread since you started it and have been doing some research. My last stab at an answer for you was that you had a touch of "Industrial Disease" possibly do to leftover machine oil or an allergy to outgassing from the metals in the coils.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks--
Ps is it weird that when i read your post I read it like Al Lewis?
Loved that guy-

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you stopped vaping and cigs and you still have this prob you can rule out nic...Nic don't have a long half life...thats the reason it's so addictive The rest of the make up of juice I don't know about the half life but my gut feeling is it's not long plus when you stopped both it came back worse...I'm with the ENT DR and suspect an infection either viral or Bacterial..Sometime a infection will not show up in blood work if the infection is small but in a delicate place like the brain...I'm not trying to freak you out but I'm sure you are freaking anyway...I would even check for Lyme Disease...That shit can do A real number on you...I know I had stage 2 and I had similarities to you where at one point I couldn't drive and the symptoms came in waves

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks--
Ps is it weird that when i read your post I read it like Al Lewis?
Loved that guy-

I get your point!

But sadly, there is an actual category of illness that falls under the rather broad description of industrial disease.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you stopped vaping and cigs and you still have this prob you can rule out nic...Nic don't have a long half life...thats the reason it's so addictive The rest of the make up of juice I don't know about the half life but my gut feeling is it's not long plus when you stopped both it came back worse...I'm with the ENT DR and suspect an infection either viral or Bacterial..Sometime a infection will not show up in blood work if the infection is small but in a delicate place like the brain...I'm not trying to freak you out but I'm sure you are freaking anyway...I would even check for Lyme Disease...That shit can do A real number on you...I know I had stage 2 and I had similarities to you where at one point I couldn't drive and the symptoms came in waves

Damn - sorry to hear that, one of my student s mother got it on a trip to Europe - she told me it was the worst thing that's ever happened to her... Sorry

But I might as well get that checked- hiked a lot over summer since we moved from Fla in July..

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn - sorry to hear that, one of my student s mother got it on a trip to Europe - she told me it was the worst thing that's ever happened to her... Sorry

But I might as well get that checked- hiked a lot over summer since we moved from Fla in July..
I'm cured now...I was on a heavy dose of doxycycline pill foum for a year...stage 3 and it's IV doxycycline ...If you do have it don't let them just give you 2 weeks worth..it's a month minimum...Hope you find out what it is and it clears up

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update- all good and bad;(

Dizziness is still there and now it has changed into severe panic attacks/nervous breakdowns- thank God my boss is sympathetic bc work is impossible and right now I have no idea when I will be back -, poop

Been to ENT and had blood test, MRI, vertigo test, and hearing test- all negative
Which you would think is good, but really it's like a big shrug-

Now I'm waiting on a neurologist to pick on my head- but that won't be for a couple weeks cause hey are sooo busy....

FFFFFFUUUUUCCCCK-----

Anyway - haven't touched my vape and I did restart smoking but nothing helps---

There's no way vaping unlocked my brain like this right? I am beyond mellow and virtually stress free(I think) (I thought)

***makes it waaaaayyyy worse too which is such a bummer....

Psychologist ??? I mean I don't want to take medicine but at this point ... Anything

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors