Become a Patron!

Heard .2 ohm is best so.....

BuildingEducation

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi friends. Looking for some help and or suggestions. I've been using RTA/ RDTA FOR A little while now using pre made wraps and I'm finding it's consuming too much power to spin but and in affect draining my batteries so I'm going to try getting a coil jig using single wire. Eyeing the coil master v4 jig kit. And I heard you get the best vape around .2 ohm. So questions: the coil master v4 good? .2 ohms also desirable? And which gauge kanthanal wire and how many wraps would be ideal running two coils? Please excuse my lack of knowledge I'm just looking for advanced users advice. Using 213 plus and mainly combo rdta as well as azeroth and sometimes griffin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi friends. Looking for some help and or suggestions. I've been using RTA/ RDTA FOR A little while now using pre made wraps and I'm finding it's consuming too much power to spin but and in affect draining my batteries so I'm going to try getting a coil jig using single wire. Eyeing the coil master v4 jig kit. And I heard you get the best vape around .2 ohm.
It varies greatly, some devices I like to Vape around 0.15, some 0.2, some around 0.25, some around 0.5, etc. etc.
So questions: the coil master v4 good?
It's a decent starter kit
.2 ohms also desirable?
As I stated, varies greatly, IMO I'd start around 0.25 and find what works best for you
And which gauge kanthanal wire and how many wraps would be ideal running two coils?
www.steam-engine.org is your best friend, play around with it and you'll find most all what you need there.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge I'm just looking for advan ced users advice. Using 213 plus and mainly combo rdta as well as azeroth and sometimes griffin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
No worries, just ask.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The cm v4 is a good kit. It will hold 1 end of the coil so you can focus on winding your coil until you get your desired # of wraps.
I also like that it comes with a 4mm rod. Nice to have if you get into bigger tanks or decks that can hold 4mm coils. Once you're done building you can use the rods to hold your coil while you screw it in. And use the rod to adjust the position of your coils.
If someone gave me the V4 I would definitely use it. But I'm happy with my staggered coil rod. Simple, fast and cheap ($2-3).

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The science of Vaping will determine what wire to use, id of coils, # of wraps. Ro55co mentioned using steam-engine.org to determine coils. I use vape tool app. Same thing.
bc4142a1b38f93d56c53b59b0f46aa22.jpg

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The art of Vaping will determine what ohm is best for you. Too many variables affect how you should vape for us to give you a simple answer.
I have 8 tanks in my rotation right now. All have different ohms. I go as low as .13 to .55. And I like them all.

Your gear will play a factor in determining what type of build. Besides the obvious technical aspect of builds, some tanks will perform differently at different ohms and wattages.

But your personal vape experience will also decide how and what you should build. There's no right answer. It's what you desire and if your gear is capable of it.

Have fun experimenting. Get frustrated over it. Then improve on what you did wrong (or right). Just learn the basics and learn to be safe.

Last edited:

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The CM v4 has been great to me. New to vaping and building. It comes with 24g kanthal and I found that I wanted to play around with different builds so I bought a sample pack of all gauges to see what I like best. Haven't built anything below .5 cause I'm chicken and I like my face. Won't build lower until I get a mod that can handle it. That is next on the list of things to buy lol.

Oh and steam-engine is amaze balls!

VU Sponsors