Become a Patron!

Heat flux???

Ok so i'm not new to vaping but I am new to building my own decks. I just bought a tool kit and wire. The set up(s) I have is a: Smok procolor 225tc, I have a Kyln RTA and a iJoy Combo RDTA. I want to build both decks. So my LVS sold me on these coils that don't heat up very fast. So it takes to long to get the coil hot for my "hit" then I go to take a second hit and choked on the dead vape. Also, I'm burning through my batteries and juice. So I was talking with someone that I work with and he said that the coils are WAY to big for the Smok since its only a 2 battery mod. He recommends me to go with a smaller coil. I ordered "Fused Clapton A1 24/32" downloaded a coil APP simply called "Coil Builder". I selected the type as Fused Clapton set the AWG to 24 and 3 changed from single to dual coil. Went with a 3mm inner dia coil. I then saw the "sweet spot" at the bottom and it says "heat flux" 150 [mw/mm2]. What is this? What is my target range? as I slide the heat back and forth and the power back and forth the wraps change. I guess I would like to use the least amount of power and least amount of juice and still get the flavor and cloud that I desire. I like the medium - large vape cloud. 80/20 VG/PG.

Thanks for you help!!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First there is no correct heat range .... there is the range YOU like best... heat flux is a measurement of potential surface heat of the coil at the target power levels based on the amount of wire in the build.....

IMO if you want to use lower power range and use as little juice as possible 24/32 is not the wire you want.. but even that is relative. Generally smaller gauges and less mass uses less power and juice. And what works in 1 atty may not work in the next.

Gonna take some experimentation to find the wire and power and heat that works best for you...

Take a look at steam-engine.org... it explains some of you questions in more detail. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors