Become a Patron!

Hellbilly's Review: Triade DNA250

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's goin' on folks? This is "Hellbilly" RJ back with another review! Today we're going to be taking a look at the Triade DNA 250 by Lost Vape.

If you're looking for a comparison to the Triade DNA 200 this is not the place for that. If you're looking for a detailed review on the DNA 250 chip this is also not the place. I will, of course go over the chip briefly, but this review is for the mod. This is my first DNA device, which is the reason I will not be doing any comparisons here. But, this is the standard setter for me right now for future DNA devices.

Disclosure: This item was not sent to me for the purpose of this review. It was purchased at MyFreedomSmokes.com for my personal use! This will no affect my review in any way, it will remain accurate, unbiased, and as always, the information here is subjective and belongs solely to myself and does not reflect, in any way, the views or opinions of any manufacturer, vendor, or third party websites.

With the formalities out of the way, let's get down to business!

Mod, Box, What's in.jpg

Triade DNA 250 by Lost Vape:

I've been using this mod for just about a month now, and I feel that is sufficient time to give this device a proper, thorough, and adequate review!

What's In The Box:

⦁ 1x Triade DNA 250 Mod
⦁ 1x MicroUSB Cable
⦁ 1x Instruction Manual

Dimensions and Features:
⦁ It measures in at 85mm x 50mm x 40mm (3.34"x1.96"x1.57")
⦁ Construction: Zinc Alloy w/ Genuine Leather Battery Cover
⦁ Spring loaded 510 Connection
⦁ 3x 18650 Batteries [Not Included (in parallel - does not increase battery life, increased maximum volts)]
⦁ Power Output: 1 watt - 250 watts
⦁ Volt Output: 0.5 volts - 9.3 volts
⦁ Screen Size: 0.91" OLDED
⦁ 2 amp charging capability through MicroUSB
⦁ Upgradeable Firmware

First Impressions Out of The Box:
So, this thing comes in a red colored genuine leather box that folds open and closed. It's extremely elegant. When you open the box, it is lined with black velvet and the mod is sitting there, beautifully.

Using the Mod:

When you take this thing out of the box, you will slide the magnetic, leather, battery door cover off on the back and insert 3 18650 batteries. This will automatically start the boot-up process, no need to try to figure out how to turn it on, just put the batteries in and it is good to go! I love this feature for sure. Once you have your charged batteries in it you can attach your atomizer and start vaping in either power mode or in temperature control (TC) mode. This comes with several default TC settings including Stainless Steel 316, Titanium 1, and Nickel 200 (with preheat or without).
For those familiar with DNA devices you can customize almost everything on this in E-Scribe. For those not familiar with DNA devices the options are seemingly endless and it would take me hours to cover it all. The most basic of basic lists is: your display screens (I will include mine at the bottom of this review), and 8 profiles that are loaded with options. We'll get more into that here in a little bit.
Aside from the elegant appearance, this also has a very ergonomic design. It fits wonderfully in the hand. Actually, it's quite small to be a 3 battery mod in my opinion. I was definitely expecting something a little beefier. But, despite it's smaller dimensions and light weight it still feels good, strong, and sturdy. It's very well built. I've been using it heavily every day for about a month and there are no scratches, chips, or signs of use at all. Even the black leather on mine looks new still despite juice dripping onto it and sweaty hands from time to time. Very impressed by that!
Buttons:
So, we have 3 buttons on the front of this, 2 smaller +/- buttons at the bottom and a fire button up top. The buttons are well placed, and very clicky and responsive. My only complaint with the buttons is that the fire button feels kind of small for me. It's still easy to find, but I'd like to see the fire button just a little bit bigger I think. As for the plus and minus buttons they are pretty damn close to perfect I think.
Display:
Between the fire button and the +/- buttons you have a big 0.91" OLED display screen with adjustable brightness (in E-Scribe). This display is almost completely adjustable as far as the information displayed on the screen goes. If you go into E-Scribe you have a massive drop down list where you can choose what information is displayed on the screen. In TC mode the standard settings are Ohms, Temperature, and Profile Name (top to bottom). In power mode it will show ohms, voltage, and current (amps). You can change these to display any information you want to see while you're vaping though including a battery charge %, puff counter, board temperature, room temperature, a puff timer, you can see the battery cells individually, just so many options!
What atomizers will fit on this?
So how does look with an atomizer on it? I would say you can safely fit up to 30mm on here easily with no over hang at all. Of course your 25mm, 24mm, and 22mm atomizers are going to fit well. Everything I've used so far sits flush on the mod (Ijoy Limitless Plus RDTA, Goon, Geekvape Tsunami 24, Twisted Messes TM30, Sense Blazer, Mutation X V5). Like everything on this mod I would say it's just beautiful.
How does it vape?
So, I think the only question left to answer before I get into my closing thoughts is how does it vape? In temperature control, if you get your profile all set up in E-Scribe (I use steam-engine.org's wire wizard to help with the settings) you can absolutely get the perfect vape with any temperature control wire on this thing! I prefer using stainless steel, but I did use a Ti1 coil as well and it was still amazing with its Temperature Control. It did not, however, pass the cotton burn test with stainless steel, so you might still get a dry hit. That could have just as easily been an operator error -- E-Scribe definitely has a bit of a learning curve when you're setting up your profiles, but if you play with it you will get it exactly where you want it for sure.
In power mode, this thing can keep up with the best of them and satisfy everyone from the high resistance flavor chasers that love a mouth to lung hit, all the way to the other extreme with the power hungry cloud chasers with massive low ohm builds. With 250 watts and 9.3 volts available you can heat up any coil you can think of and get a great vape from it.

Closing thoughts:
I said I wasn't going to get into the chip too much and I'm trying not to, but the chip pretty much makes the mod in a regulated device so it's hard to not go over it in some regards. This mod does everything but your taxes (and temperature control Kanthal but I'll get into THAT when I go over the Hohm Wrecker by Hohm Tech). The customization options are seemingly endless!
Would I recommend this mod? If you like to tinker around and play with different settings and builds, if you want a completely customized vaping experience, ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY! If you want something you can simply throw an atomizer and get to vaping this mod will absolutely work for you, but there are better choices. I would say this mod (and chipset in general) is geared specifically towards more advanced vapers. I would NOT recommend this mod to ANYONE just starting out though, this is definitely not tailored to beginner's or even intermediate vapers in my most honest opinion.
If I lost this mod would I go out and buy it again? As much as I would like to say that I would, at a price point of about $150 I can't say that I absolutely would. It is not budget friendly at all! Is it worth the price? Yes, if you like to have a ton of customization options, it is absolutely worth the price, if you have the extra jingle in your piggy bank. Are there more affordable options? Absolutely! There are some DNA250 devices that don't have the higher price point like this one, but there are also some that cost much, much more than this one. So, it's all about what you your fiscal conservativty will allow. The DNA250 chip is not going to be for everyone, and a $150 mod isn't either. I love it, don't get me wrong, I just don't think I would buy it again. I would probably try to find a cheaper DNA250 device, because I know they are out there.
If you have any questions/comments/bitches/gripes/complaints feel free to leave them in the comment section below. I will try to answer any and all questions publicly in a timely manner. If you feel I left something out, or have something to add, feel free to mention it below as well and I'll see what I can do to get the information added!

If any vendors or manufacturers would like to contact me to review their products I can be reached via PM. Thank you!

Triade Anzu.jpg Triade DNA250.jpg Triade Goon 1.jpg Triade Goon.jpg Triade Limitless Plus.jpg Triade Mutation X V5.jpg Hank 3 Theme Sample.png

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's goin' on folks? This is "Hellbilly" RJ back with another review! Today we're going to be taking a look at the Triade DNA 250 by Lost Vape.

If you're looking for a comparison to the Triade DNA 200 this is not the place for that. If you're looking for a detailed review on the DNA 250 chip this is also not the place. I will, of course go over the chip briefly, but this review is for the mod. This is my first DNA device, which is the reason I will not be doing any comparisons here. But, this is the standard setter for me right now for future DNA devices.

Disclosure: This item was not sent to me for the purpose of this review. It was purchased at MyFreedomSmokes.com for my personal use! This will no affect my review in any way, it will remain accurate, unbiased, and as always, the information here is subjective and belongs solely to myself and does not reflect, in any way, the views or opinions of any manufacturer, vendor, or third party websites.

With the formalities out of the way, let's get down to business!

View attachment 78696

Triade DNA 250 by Lost Vape:

I've been using this mod for just about a month now, and I feel that is sufficient time to give this device a proper, thorough, and adequate review!

What's In The Box:

⦁ 1x Triade DNA 250 Mod
⦁ 1x MicroUSB Cable
⦁ 1x Instruction Manual

Dimensions and Features:
⦁ It measures in at 85mm x 50mm x 40mm (3.34"x1.96"x1.57")
⦁ Construction: Zinc Alloy w/ Genuine Leather Battery Cover
⦁ Spring loaded 510 Connection
⦁ 3x 18650 Batteries [Not Included (in parallel - does not increase battery life, increased maximum volts)]
⦁ Power Output: 1 watt - 250 watts
⦁ Volt Output: 0.5 volts - 9.3 volts
⦁ Screen Size: 0.91" OLDED
⦁ 2 amp charging capability through MicroUSB
⦁ Upgradeable Firmware

First Impressions Out of The Box:
So, this thing comes in a red colored genuine leather box that folds open and closed. It's extremely elegant. When you open the box, it is lined with black velvet and the mod is sitting there, beautifully.

Using the Mod:

When you take this thing out of the box, you will slide the magnetic, leather, battery door cover off on the back and insert 3 18650 batteries. This will automatically start the boot-up process, no need to try to figure out how to turn it on, just put the batteries in and it is good to go! I love this feature for sure. Once you have your charged batteries in it you can attach your atomizer and start vaping in either power mode or in temperature control (TC) mode. This comes with several default TC settings including Stainless Steel 316, Titanium 1, and Nickel 200 (with preheat or without).
For those familiar with DNA devices you can customize almost everything on this in E-Scribe. For those not familiar with DNA devices the options are seemingly endless and it would take me hours to cover it all. The most basic of basic lists is: your display screens (I will include mine at the bottom of this review), and 8 profiles that are loaded with options. We'll get more into that here in a little bit.
Aside from the elegant appearance, this also has a very ergonomic design. It fits wonderfully in the hand. Actually, it's quite small to be a 3 battery mod in my opinion. I was definitely expecting something a little beefier. But, despite it's smaller dimensions and light weight it still feels good, strong, and sturdy. It's very well built. I've been using it heavily every day for about a month and there are no scratches, chips, or signs of use at all. Even the black leather on mine looks new still despite juice dripping onto it and sweaty hands from time to time. Very impressed by that!
Buttons:
So, we have 3 buttons on the front of this, 2 smaller +/- buttons at the bottom and a fire button up top. The buttons are well placed, and very clicky and responsive. My only complaint with the buttons is that the fire button feels kind of small for me. It's still easy to find, but I'd like to see the fire button just a little bit bigger I think. As for the plus and minus buttons they are pretty damn close to perfect I think.
Display:
Between the fire button and the +/- buttons you have a big 0.91" OLED display screen with adjustable brightness (in E-Scribe). This display is almost completely adjustable as far as the information displayed on the screen goes. If you go into E-Scribe you have a massive drop down list where you can choose what information is displayed on the screen. In TC mode the standard settings are Ohms, Temperature, and Profile Name (top to bottom). In power mode it will show ohms, voltage, and current (amps). You can change these to display any information you want to see while you're vaping though including a battery charge %, puff counter, board temperature, room temperature, a puff timer, you can see the battery cells individually, just so many options!
What atomizers will fit on this?
So how does look with an atomizer on it? I would say you can safely fit up to 30mm on here easily with no over hang at all. Of course your 25mm, 24mm, and 22mm atomizers are going to fit well. Everything I've used so far sits flush on the mod (Ijoy Limitless Plus RDTA, Goon, Geekvape Tsunami 24, Twisted Messes TM30, Sense Blazer, Mutation X V5). Like everything on this mod I would say it's just beautiful.
How does it vape?
So, I think the only question left to answer before I get into my closing thoughts is how does it vape? In temperature control, if you get your profile all set up in E-Scribe (I use steam-engine.org's wire wizard to help with the settings) you can absolutely get the perfect vape with any temperature control wire on this thing! I prefer using stainless steel, but I did use a Ti1 coil as well and it was still amazing with its Temperature Control. It did not, however, pass the cotton burn test with stainless steel, so you might still get a dry hit. That could have just as easily been an operator error -- E-Scribe definitely has a bit of a learning curve when you're setting up your profiles, but if you play with it you will get it exactly where you want it for sure.
In power mode, this thing can keep up with the best of them and satisfy everyone from the high resistance flavor chasers that love a mouth to lung hit, all the way to the other extreme with the power hungry cloud chasers with massive low ohm builds. With 250 watts and 9.3 volts available you can heat up any coil you can think of and get a great vape from it.

Closing thoughts:
I said I wasn't going to get into the chip too much and I'm trying not to, but the chip pretty much makes the mod in a regulated device so it's hard to not go over it in some regards. This mod does everything but your taxes (and temperature control Kanthal but I'll get into THAT when I go over the Hohm Wrecker by Hohm Tech). The customization options are seemingly endless!
Would I recommend this mod? If you like to tinker around and play with different settings and builds, if you want a completely customized vaping experience, ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY! If you want something you can simply throw an atomizer and get to vaping this mod will absolutely work for you, but there are better choices. I would say this mod (and chipset in general) is geared specifically towards more advanced vapers. I would NOT recommend this mod to ANYONE just starting out though, this is definitely not tailored to beginner's or even intermediate vapers in my most honest opinion.
If I lost this mod would I go out and buy it again? As much as I would like to say that I would, at a price point of about $150 I can't say that I absolutely would. It is not budget friendly at all! Is it worth the price? Yes, if you like to have a ton of customization options, it is absolutely worth the price, if you have the extra jingle in your piggy bank. Are there more affordable options? Absolutely! There are some DNA250 devices that don't have the higher price point like this one, but there are also some that cost much, much more than this one. So, it's all about what you your fiscal conservativty will allow. The DNA250 chip is not going to be for everyone, and a $150 mod isn't either. I love it, don't get me wrong, I just don't think I would buy it again. I would probably try to find a cheaper DNA250 device, because I know they are out there.
If you have any questions/comments/bitches/gripes/complaints feel free to leave them in the comment section below. I will try to answer any and all questions publicly in a timely manner. If you feel I left something out, or have something to add, feel free to mention it below as well and I'll see what I can do to get the information added!

If any vendors or manufacturers would like to contact me to review their products I can be reached via PM. Thank you!

View attachment 78697 View attachment 78698 View attachment 78699 View attachment 78700 View attachment 78701 View attachment 78702 View attachment 78703
Mine has been doing well after getting a real evolve Chip.

Mine had a clone chip in it and was by lost Vapes repair center for (2) months....

But it's one of my favorite mods.... I use it every day..... And if have a shit load.... This is an amazing mod.....

C360_2016-10-31-03-17-10-505.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine has been doing well after getting a real evolve Chip.

Mine had a clone chip in it and was by lost Vapes repair center for (2) months....

But it's one of my favorite mods.... I use it every day..... And if have a shit load.... This is an amazing mod.....

View attachment 78710

You got it with a clone chip?! That's fucked up. How did you find out it was a clone?

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

httpss//hellbillyvaping.wordpress.com

HellbillyRJ

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mod died within a couple of days..... I sent in for repairs to their Ohio center.... Within the (2) months it got shipped back and forth to evolve and back.... They didn't tell me much, they were very secretive..... Then they told me of installing a new chip.... And I was asked if I messed with the Triade ?

I said no... It fuckin' fried the first week.....

Then started the wait..... I have the entire (2) month wait in a Triade thread.....

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh wow

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

httpss//hellbillyvaping.wordpress.com

HellbillyRJ

VU Sponsors