Become a Patron!

Hello all!

So, yeah, I'm fairly new to vaping and I'm having some problems with my mechanical mod. It tastes burnt no matter what I do. Any tips/advices? I have always had the "burnt taste" with my ecigs, even when I use the high quality liquids. Thanks!

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Without knowing the specifics.... atomizer brand/model, wire gauge and type, parallel coil count, net resistance, power supply/battery, wattage if a VW mod, juice blend (percent PG/VG) flavor and maker... no one can answer your question.

Got Hellboy RDA, Pegasus clone (brass contacts, houses single 18650 battery), 26 gauge resistance wire, 100 percent cotton, single coil at the moment (tried with double coil as well, but still the same result). I usually prefer buying from other companies but these are from Fasttech.

And using Cotton Candy 80/20 PG/VG 0mg blend from Cloud House Vapor.

Any tips will be highly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------
Tunnistajat tunnistaa.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Its possible you have your wick packed too tightly into your coil preventing your liquid from saturating it and burning your wick.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could have to long of wick if its tucked under and touching eachother would be possible for the wick to not fully saturate also if the wick is tucked under it could be (pinched) at the coil also not allowing it to become fully saturated

LpF7zoG.jpg

I tried not to use too thick cotton so the juice could run through without problems.

B2xREpA.jpg

I'm not quite sure how to tuck the cotton correctly. Can it be in contact with the all of the posts? Does it matter?

HbuDwMc.jpg

And yeah, I did try with the the other center post as well.

Fdt3cNb.jpg

It tastes burnt immediately and barely no smoke producing.

What can you do, I'm a newbie with these things, but we've all been there once. I'm probably tucking the cotton incorrectly or the coil is messed up. Any help would be appreciated! :)

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would redo the coil it needs to be tightly wrapped after u make the coil without a wick fire it up when its almost cooled off squeeze the side together with tweezers refire it repeat this process until the coil lights up evenly starting in the center working out

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as how its wicked it looks fine as long as ur not having to force the wick through while holding the coil ur fine

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If ur unsure of what im talking about with the coils search YouTube for, the macro coil by rip trippers

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are your coils firing evenly from the center outwards? If they're not adjusted properly you could be having a problem with hot spots :p

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw a big view of ur pics it looks like the coil is hanging over the well wall just enough to touch ur top cap if it is that would muck it all up need to move it in some

Just saw a big view of ur pics it looks like the coil is hanging over the well wall just enough to touch ur top cap if it is that would muck it all up need to move it in some

Nah, It's not that. I have tried with multiple coils, the others weren't that far out.

Are your coils firing evenly from the center outwards? If they're not adjusted properly you could be having a problem with hot spots :p

Still gotta work on that a bit. ;)

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not saying the coil touching ur top cap is the root of the problem just that if it is as far out as it looks in the picture u need to move it in or ull short ur gear out

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wrapping coils takes practice...I am sure you'll get it worked out in time....my two cents...if you're not going to wrap a microcoil style coil where all the wraps are touching then you need to try and make sure all of your wraps are evenly spaced....uneven coils can create hotspots on the wick where it's burning more juice on one part of the wick than the other and that could be what's giving you that burnt taste as well....everything needs to be even...even wraps, even spacing....all continuity and feng shui like :)

VU Sponsors