Become a Patron!

Hello Fellow Vapors

Wyntreblossom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi! My name is Bella and Id like to tell my story about my journey into vaping. My story is quite an unusual one Ill admIt, but I hope that Ill be accepted into the vaping community all the same.

Some background info.
I was diagnosed with autism/aspergers at age 4 and along with autism something called Sensory Processing Disorder will sometimes come along with it. In my case, it did. Sensory Processing just means some things that affect the senses, affect me more or less than they would a person without the disorder.

The next thing is I have asthma, and a very very severe panic and anxiety disorder that I have been battling for the past several months. Almost a year now.

I have never been a traditional ciggerette smoker, but I have smoked a ciggerette once or twice in my life.
Beginning of my journey (Around 3-5 months ago)
My mother used vaping to quit smoking about a yearish ago and was cleaning out some of her old vaping supplies. She let me try it, because I said it smelt really good. (She was using a coffee related flavor). I instantly fell in love with vaping. She wrapped up half of her supplies as a christmas present to my boyfriend who smoked traditional ciggerettes, and gave me the other half.

Instead of reading the bottles, I simply started vaping on whatever flavor (and nicotine level) was in the tank she had last used. Unfortunatly it happened to have 12mh of nicotine in it.

My initial plan was simply to vape 0mg nicotine to help with lung control (by learning to do tricks), and to help with my anxiety levels. And also to help kick my nail biting habit.

Once I started getting nicotine headaches when I switched down to 0mg juices, I made the decision to use 6mg instead. At this time I was using a kangertech T3D tank and an Evod battery.
Present Day:
Now My anxiety levels have dropped and so has my anxiety medication perscription.

My lung capacity and function has improved by 10%.

I currently vape 3mg juices in an Arctic tank at .5 ohms and 35 watts on my coolfire 4 mod. I love watching videos on different coil builds and cannot wait to purchase my first RDA in the near future.
How has it affected others?
My sister and mother both quit smoking by vaping, and then eventually stopped vaping.

My boyfriend started vaping at christmas time, but was also smoking traditional ciggerettes as well.

Now, however, my boyfriend is 6 almost 7 days smoke free and is vaping on a setup identicle to mine. He is struggling with the switch but is determined to stay smoke free.​

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good for you guys staying tobacco free.
One thing never taken into account when Dr. prescribe meds is the additives and MAOIs that were added to the tobacco.

Wyntreblossom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks :) I know my story isn't a common one but vaping has not only become a habit but a hooby for my boyfriend and I. We love it and we love trying different flavors. I even thought about trying a monthly subscription box (though I havnt made up my mind yet.)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats to all of your family and your boyfriend on the quit, and for finding something that helps with your anxiety without resorting to tobacco. I've met plenty of people with similar disorders that self-medicate with nicotine in more harmful fashion. Welcome to the Underground!

Wyntreblossom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the kind words and acceptance. :) Any advice for my boyfriend to help keep him on track would also be much appriciated!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much did he smoke? What strength of nicotine is he using? When I was first getting off the cigs, I kept a stash of liquid in a tank one nic level higher than I was vaping (first 24 mg when i was on 18, then some of my leftover 18 when I dropped to 12). When I got a craving for a smoke, I'd pop in a tank of the high nic liquid and hit it for a few minutes. Once I made it a few weeks and the cravings were subsiding, I went ahead and had a smoke - it was so terrible I put it out before I was halfway through and picked up my vape voluntarily.

It's not that easy for everyone - some people quit instantly, for me it took about a month to wean myself off cigs and another before I stopped wanting to smoke, some people both vape and smoke for months - the key here is harm reduction, not harm elimination. Count the ones you don't smoke, not the ones you do.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks :) I know my story isn't a common one but vaping has not only become a habit but a hooby for my boyfriend and I. We love it and we love trying different flavors. I even thought about trying a monthly subscription box (though I havnt made up my mind yet.)
hi Bella, and welcome to VU, cool story you shared and sounds like (present day) vaping has been positive for you..that is way cool!
As for the boyfriend, just remind him that after 6 or 7 days now without a smoke, it realy should get easier from here on out.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how you doing this evening Bella? Cool forum huh?

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im doing well. Lol. thank you.
just thought I would ask..and hoped you were doing well and enjoying the forums..I have not been here at VU for very long, but feel it is important to visit the 'new members' , intro`s and try to make peoples feel welcome and `grow the family`..lol..

Wyntreblossom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well thank you that is much appriciated. The vaping community in my area is quite small, and most people in my area say anyone who vapes is a (insert foul langauge of choice here). So finding a community online that is accepting is really a nice thing for me.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well thank you that is much appriciated. The vaping community in my area is quite small, and most people in my area say anyone who vapes is a (insert foul langauge of choice here). So finding a community online that is accepting is really a nice thing for me.
I say to (insert words of choice here) with anyone who is going to knock you for whatever choice you make, especially considering that vaping may help help you to overcome habbits that trouble you..yeah that`s right (insert words..them)..lol..that`s my feeling anyhow..lol..
yep,yep, stick around !!

jumphour

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started at 18mg, then 12, now I'm like 4.8 (6mg base mix, then 20 percent flavor which drops the nic down). Didn't take me too long. And the hobby aspect of vaping and the forums helped SO much. It's really fun. Tough for me though, because I have "shinyitis" and get very jealous of people with new toys. LOL

VU Sponsors