Become a Patron!

Hello from Chicago!

Kalifas

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright so I'm not totally new to the site, but I missed this forum. I'm 29, smoked since I was 15. Vaping was actually a happy accident for me. I got my wisdom teeth out back in April and wasn't allowed to smoke. I was good for the most part, but snuck a vape here and there because I thought it might be better? Probably not, but I recovered just fine.

Anyway, even though I was getting nicotine from the patch, I became really depressed. It only last a couple weeks but it was awful. I decided I never wanted to go through that again so I tried quitting completely with a patch... and each day I had more cigarettes than the last. Then a friend said, why don't you just try vaping? The first couple weeks required some willpower, but now I love it more than I ever loved smoking. I'm really surprised how easy it was to lower my nic... I think a big part of it for me is the act of smoking, not so much the nicotine.

I found all the vaping info online to be overwhelming so I kept on using my Markten cigalike for a while. "Yeah I vape, but I'm not obsessed with it or anything." That was until I made my first eliquid order. Then I got my pod vapes. And now I'm here 4 months later... just as obsessed as everyone else. :giggle::)

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Kalifas. Welcome/welcome back to VU. Grats on your accomplishment. I'm roughly about the same place as far as info overload and having success through the ritual rather than patches. Sometimes I'll use zero nic. juice with no problem. I expect in time that will become my norm, no worries nor hurries.:D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alright so I'm not totally new to the site, but I missed this forum. I'm 29, smoked since I was 15. Vaping was actually a happy accident for me. I got my wisdom teeth out back in April and wasn't allowed to smoke. I was good for the most part, but snuck a vape here and there because I thought it might be better? Probably not, but I recovered just fine.

Anyway, even though I was getting nicotine from the patch, I became really depressed. It only last a couple weeks but it was awful. I decided I never wanted to go through that again so I tried quitting completely with a patch... and each day I had more cigarettes than the last. Then a friend said, why don't you just try vaping? The first couple weeks required some willpower, but now I love it more than I ever loved smoking. I'm really surprised how easy it was to lower my nic... I think a big part of it for me is the act of smoking, not so much the nicotine.

I found all the vaping info online to be overwhelming so I kept on using my Markten cigalike for a while. "Yeah I vape, but I'm not obsessed with it or anything." That was until I made my first eliquid order. Then I got my pod vapes. And now I'm here 4 months later... just as obsessed as everyone else. :giggle::)

Welcome (again). :D I've been enjoying your posts. It really is a miracle, as I'm pretty sure most around here would agree wholeheartedly. :) Depression *can* be a serious problem when quitting smoking, even with a great substitute for the coffin nails; if you find it overwhelming you again, you might look into WTA -- it's great for those truly physical cravings, as well as mood disorders that go along with quitting smoking. I haven't used it in a while, regularly, so I don't know who's selling it these days, but you can probably google it up. It's a bit more costly than regular ejuice, but a hell of a lot cheaper than cigarettes. :D And it doesn't take much, to make a substantial difference, for those who need some of the minor alkaloids, and the MAOIs, in the full tobacco alkaloid spectrum, rather than just nicotine by itself.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Congratulations. Glad you decided to (re)join us.

Kalifas

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome (again). :D I've been enjoying your posts. It really is a miracle, as I'm pretty sure most around here would agree wholeheartedly. :) Depression *can* be a serious problem when quitting smoking, even with a great substitute for the coffin nails; if you find it overwhelming you again, you might look into WTA -- it's great for those truly physical cravings, as well as mood disorders that go along with quitting smoking. I haven't used it in a while, regularly, so I don't know who's selling it these days, but you can probably google it up. It's a bit more costly than regular ejuice, but a hell of a lot cheaper than cigarettes. :D And it doesn't take much, to make a substantial difference, for those who need some of the minor alkaloids, and the MAOIs, in the full tobacco alkaloid spectrum, rather than just nicotine by itself.

Andria
Thank you! Very good info. I've heard of WTAs but didn't know what they were... interesting. I've had depression before, but I never expected quitting smoking could have so many mental effects. The dreams were insane. Glad to be done with it! :confetti:

VU Sponsors