VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Smoked for 23 years.
Been vaping for 3.
In it for the long haul.

Congrats on your Vaping Journey & Welcome to VU! If ya ever need anything I as well as others are always here! You can mainly catch me in the Deals & Steals! Section!!!!

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bienvenida! De que parte eres? Yo me crié en Guaynabo

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Most everyone has such great vaping voyage stories, but I'm such a lazy ass, I'll just copypasta from my "Personal Details>About You box"... :D

Vaping since July 2011.
Will continue until I die, fuck the antis.
Smoked for ~23 years (1 pack a day Winstons/Marlboro reds 100s).
Quit smoking within 1 week of starting vaping.
Didn't quit immediately, as 18mg/ml wasn't enough. Went to 24mg and it was bye-bye cigarettes.
Went back to 18mg within 2 weeks and lowering ever since.
Vaping custom DIY ~3mg, mainly VG base.

First ecig: Joye 510 manual, standard res (~3 ohm) atty and carts (cartridges!).
First mod: Homebuilt 2xAA box mod, UltraFire 14500 battery, 3.7 Volts.
First mech mod: Puresmoker Prodigy V3.1
First RDA: Phoenix V1 clone (still works great!)

Current vape as of 8/24/14: JM22 clone + "V12" Trident clone.
Single 1.7 ohm coil.
Recovered Panasonic 4A CGR18650AF batteries from Acer laptop
*** I DO NOT sub-ohm, and keep at ~3A discharge rate***
3mg Fruit punch DIY.
Can you tell I'm a cheap bastard? ;)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on kicking the smokes. Vaping is the future and big tobacco is going under. Cheers to your health and for being a cheap bastard:D

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have stock photos of my Marlboro Menthols 100's just to remind me how much they suck now. Congrats on going down to 3mg. I want to come over and share your fruit punch. My Aerotank V2 is starting to purr, gentle meows:D

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Stock photos of the enemy? IDK why, but I find that funny as all get out!
I'd share my fruit punch with ya, but it's honestly not really "all that", just 24mg china juice plus enough VG+H2O to bring it waaayyy down.
Starts out as a dark reddish liquid stock, ends up the palest pink color you'd ever see. Kinda reminds me of those pool PH test kits, lol.
The 3mg is my all-day, but I'll spike my atty sometimes with 1 or 2 drops of stock when "the itch" occurs.
When I add menthol to it it tastes kinda like Robitussin, LAWL!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing worse than getting that medicinal taste, I know what you mean, it really sucks. Still 3 mg is very good, very proud of you. I leverage between 18 and 24mg. I smoked a lot and need the throat hit or I relapse. I have tried so many juices and never could get that "right" flavor for fruit punch. Do you like Apricot or Pomegranate vape?

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Shoot, if it weren't for the fact I want to wean myself off nicotine, I would be a permanent 18 or 12mg vaper. I chainvape like a mofo when at home, so I have to go low or I'll get a sore throat.
How long have you vaped for? Do you build your own coils? Maybe you need something a bit hotter (helps with the throat hit).
Having been mostly a DIYer (started with Lorann's flavorings) and having tried very few juices I've never had Apricot or Pomegranate vape.
What few fruits I've vaped were from MadVapes. Strawberry, Mandarin Orange, Lemon, Watermelon. Pretty standard stuff.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been at it for a long time, years now, had many relapses. Haven't touched a cig in a long time and hope to continue on that route. I used to build but not so much anymore, don't have the time. I just buy the coils that work best and go with that. The 24mg usually does it for me, I sense a yearning at 18 but eventually will downgrade to about 6mg, that's the eventual goal. I tried MadVapes but really didn't care for their stuff. It tasted bland. Your juices probably taste fantastic. You got me thinking fruit punch and I want some right now:D Yeah if it gives you a sore throat then stick with low mg's it makes sense. I have a friend who can't tolerate PG at all. He gets severe throat irritation so now he vapes high VG concentrate. Apricot is an awesome vape but you have to get it from the right vendor. I'm still hunting for the perfest Watermelon and Cantaloupe.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi & welcome to VU! :)

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
@Dissonance Yeah, Madvapes stuff is a little on the bland side. I like it cuz it's cheep like me.
You probably need to order your juices with double or triple shot flavor as I've seen on some sites.
Maybe even add some sour to get that pucker effect going (think jolly rancher or cherry clans (which used to be cherry chans, but changed becuz someone probably got offended). I get off topic fast, don't I? :p
MMM... Cantaloupe. Now you've done it, lol!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Dissonance Yeah, Madvapes stuff is a little on the bland side. I like it cuz it's cheep like me.
You probably need to order your juices with double or triple shot flavor as I've seen on some sites.
Maybe even add some sour to get that pucker effect going (think jolly rancher or cherry clans (which used to be cherry chans, but changed becuz someone probably got offended). I get off topic fast, don't I? :p
MMM... Cantaloupe. Now you've done it, lol!

I remember trying them a while back and was not impressed nowadays I search hard in trying to weed out the good from the bad and recommend the best vendors. I want my fellow vapors to experience the best because I feel you deserve the best. After all, it does suck when you spend your hard earned dough and get some junk in the mail. I used to get double shots when I started vaping but later learned it offsets the flavoring formula and drastically alters the juice for the worse. I haven't had good experience with boosting flavors. There are good companies out there though. Some are diligently striving to offer the highest quality at reasonable prices. Those are my knights of the round table:D What are some of your favorite flavors, you have an ADV?

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Blue Raspberry Candy flavor is my all-time favorite as of yet. I think I vaped that stuff for like 4 months straight at one point.
I'm partial to sour-ish candy/fruity flavors, but also enjoy run-of-the-mill nutty tobacco flavors (the ruyans, desert ship, 555).
Sweet desert flavors are OK for a while, but I grow sick of them if I vape them all day.

The weirdest flavor I got hooked on came as a surprise, during my first DIY ventures.
I bought 2 flavorings from China, thinking I could make a sort of "Peanut Butter Cup" taste.
I bought Milk Chocolate.
I bought Peanut Butter.
What could be simpler, right?
Turns out their milk chocolate was translated backwards and tasted exactly like... chocolate milk. And not a very chocolatey one.
Their Peanut Butter tasted exactly like... peanuts.
Needless to say, I tried it anyway and it tasted like drinking chocolate milk while munching peanuts. Not for me.
The peanut alone, though... I don't know why, but I loved it. It was oddly satisfying to me, even liked it better than my tobaccos.

It wasn't the first time I bought a juice expecting something else, though.
I bought Madvapes' Chocolate Mint (or Mint Chocolate can't remember which), thinking Andes' Candies, right? OhfuckYES...
It tasted exactly like York Peppermint Patties. Good flavor, just not what I had in mind.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I remember trying a blue raspberry that tasted like a Jolly Rancher it was very good. I'll look into it for you and see if I can find the vendor I got it from. I too love a nice peanut butter cup taste, something that reflects the candy. Tried a few vendors and there was always something lacking it just didn't blend well. Either too much peanut and lack of chocolate or vice versa. It takes a while too find the right vape but when you get it you stick with it. There's a company that makes excellent nutty tobacco flavors will have to dig my notes:)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and I will find you one for the best prices. I'm a cheap ass too lol.....

VU Sponsors