Become a Patron!

###Hello to all from Bonnie Scotland###

I've been vaping since Aug 1 2014 - was diagnosed with COPD in January 2012 and just couldn't get off the cigarettes. My wife's younger brother told her that he'd switched to vaping and I took her out the next day to purchase an Ego starter kit from our only local b+m. It cost $62 and altho it included 2 650mah batteries, a couple of clearomisers, usb charger and 10 ml of juice in a handy case, I was still sceptical.
For the next two weeks I scoured my favorite online auction site and the interweb in general, trying to get an understanding of what vaping was all about and if it could work for me. Now knowing that my wife's setup was overpriced ($8 for 10 ml of their own juice) I purchased a 2nd hand setup for$10 less than my wife's, which included 4 batteries, 100 ml of juice in varying strengths, a pack of 5 clearomisers and the case and charger. I was not only trying to let my wife see that there were cheaper ways to purchase the required items, but also that I was going to give it a serious attempt - I had witnessed my wife forget to charge her batteries and then getting ratty as she waited for her next "hit".
On the morning of August 1st I had a cigarette - then I had my first vape - "coughed my guts up" - then I thought I'd have another cigarette - yeuch! it tasted nasty. I knew that if I persevered I would be able to get back to my over 40 year love affair with cigarettes but I resisted. I haven't been tempted back since. I now know from reading others "journeys" that it's not always that easy, but I'm glad I've stuck with it.
Both myself and my wife are still vaping - she still uses Ego style batteries as her preferred choice and still uses the same juice that I bought online for her at a fraction of the cost of the local store. I like many have begun a collection of devices, mech mods and variable wattage devices, rdas, and I make my own juice. I have found the vaping community just that - a welcoming group of individuals around the world whose sole aim is to help and encourage others to get off the nasties and to feel that we're making a difference, if not to others then at least to ourselves. I vape in public places where there are no restrictions on smokers and will happily explain what I'm doing and why to anyone that asks - which gives me a buzz every time!

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Vaping Underdround. There is a frequent poster here from Scotland, living here in the states now, im sure he will be along soon. Sounds like you have the vaping routine down. Welcome from St.Louis Missouri

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome & congrats on quitting smoking that is a huge deal. Especially having copd glad that you made the change. & the journey quitting is never easy. For about a week I was like detoxing I felt so irritable. I kept craving cigarettes so bad I probably would have killed someone for just one cig.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome Laslo, Nice to meet you...Congrats on quitting the smokes and finding both vaping and our forum!!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ceud mìle fàilte! I think you will find a lot of interesting topic and discussions here at VU...

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome to VU. I also have COPD and vaping saved my life. Everyone here are great to help. Good luck.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nice to meet you and I am happy you found your way here as well!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello and welcome and happy new year! I don't have COPD but as someone who was struck with three blood clots that closed my windpipe and blocked the flow of blood to my heart in my lungs and the doctor telling me that basically because I had quit smoking the year before that my body was better able to fight for life till I got to the hospital and probably saved me I can say that vaping does make difference and save lives. I wish you the best on your vaping journey. You'll find VU is a wonderful place and I am glad you made it here.

VU Sponsors