Become a Patron!

Hello to Everyone !!

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hello to everyone !

I am a heavy smoker of Benson & Hedges.

I go through 25 cigarettes in a normal day, and up to 40 cigarettes if I have a lot on my plate, a couple of times I tried using the disposable ones available at the petrol stations, but was never good enough. It felt really mild in flavour and I was still craving for cigarettes.

Couple of days back I was chatting with my work mate, who was using an ecig (a bigger one this time). My mate let me try few drags, which seemed quite good, but made me cough few time L it felt like taking a puff from a “normal” cigarette, I was amazed but confused with the size and the whole idea of “vaping” – not smoking?. Then, he explained a bit more in depth. With so many questions on my head I searched about ecigs on internet and forums and got even more confused lol – I am glad I am not the only one here!

I ended up ordering the same ecig and nicotine juices my work mate uses – I haven’t started vaping yet. I am feeling very excited and anxious at the same time while I wait for my “last hope to quit”.

Hoping to have the same success as read from all your testimonials.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the forum! Cig-a-likes are OK to give you a taste, but you need real equipment for a real chance at quitting. You may have coughed because he has high PG in his juice. PG gives you a throat hit, VG is more mellow. If you smoke that much, start at 24mg or 18mg at the minimum. Your brain needs the nicotine. You will find yourself lowering your dose as time goes by. My wife and I quit smoking (2 packs a day) from vaping. It was more than five years ago that we had our last cigarette. It works!

Good luck on your vaping journey! =)

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Thanks for welcoming Origin Vape !!

:confused: high PG in his juice ... What is PG , VG ... Oopps ... Lots to understand

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard.....:vino:

40-yr smoker here too, quit two years ago thanks to vaping...feel 110% better....!!

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
PG = propylene glycol. It is a base ingredient in juice, used in almost all juices. A higher ratio of this will offer more throat hit, clarity of flavor, and less vapor. VG = vegetable glycerin, also used in almost all juices. A higher ratio of this will offer a muted flavor, less throat hit and far more vapor. =)

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
welcome to VU!
Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi ,

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome .

Oops so If im looking for more Vapour i would need to use more VG .... thanks origin vapour for clarifying that as i thought it to be other way round lol ... I might ask silly questions sometimes but i think i might overcome it with your support & encouragement guys ... I have started to use my e-cig today :) newbie still ;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello to everyone !

I am a heavy smoker of Benson & Hedges.

I go through 25 cigarettes in a normal day, and up to 40 cigarettes if I have a lot on my plate, a couple of times I tried using the disposable ones available at the petrol stations, but was never good enough. It felt really mild in flavour and I was still craving for cigarettes.

Couple of days back I was chatting with my work mate, who was using an ecig (a bigger one this time). My mate let me try few drags, which seemed quite good, but made me cough few time L it felt like taking a puff from a “normal” cigarette, I was amazed but confused with the size and the whole idea of “vaping” – not smoking?. Then, he explained a bit more in depth. With so many questions on my head I searched about ecigs on internet and forums and got even more confused lol – I am glad I am not the only one here!

I ended up ordering the same ecig and nicotine juices my work mate uses – I haven’t started vaping yet. I am feeling very excited and anxious at the same time while I wait for my “last hope to quit”.

Hoping to have the same success as read from all your testimonials.

Welcome to VU, and vaping! Ask away, there's a huge collective of vaping experience around here, and lots willing to help out -- we were all new vapers once. :D

It really does work exceptionally well, when, as you said, it "seems" like a normal drag on a cigarette. But when you do start, don't feel that you have to hurry up and quit for good, right now -- I transitioned from 39 yrs smoking to vaping over about a month's time, and I didn;'t even start with the idea of quitting smoking. I just wanted to not have to hang around in the cold on the front porch, just to satisfy my "habit." but when I discovered what a great substitute it is, I though I'd try to see how many actual smokes I could replace with vaping -- turned out to be all of them, without any pressure or withdrawal -- truly a miracle! Just vape and have fun with it, because it's a whole lot easier when you're having fun with a cool new toy than when you're sweating bullets to have an actual smoke -- go ahead and smoke if you really need to, but don't stop vaping -- eventually you'll realize for yourself that cigarettes can't give you anything you can't get from a vape, except a bad smell. :giggle:

Andria

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi Andrea ,

Thanks for supporting & encouraging me as a newbie . Its just been 3 days now iv started using it , its just awesome . Just truly said its just like playing with a toy and having fun :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andrea ,

Thanks for supporting & encouraging me as a newbie . Its just been 3 days now iv started using it , its just awesome . Just truly said its just like playing with a toy and having fun :)

That's the way. :) As I mentioned to another who's trying out vaping in order to quit smoking, the whole point of vaping is to make quitting smoking as painless as possible, so if you make yourself miserable kicking yourself in the butt because you still smoke a little, then what's the point? As I said, I never had any intention of quitting smoking, it just kinda happened after about a month, because I just enjoyed vaping more than smoking, and after a month of gradually cutting down on smoking and vaping more, the cigarettes just tasted horrible, I realized I actually got better throat-hit from vaping, and I just couldn't figure out why I was still bothering with expensive stinky cigarettes. So I stopped bothering with them. :) My husband has not stopped being grateful. :D

Andria

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi Everyone ,

Im just having fun with my ecig , its just unbelievable to have such a good product , which satisfies your urges with nicotine already premixed with the flavours .....Just need some suggestion im getting the desired hit from the premixed liquid i have , but I think im looking for more vapour too as well , Is there any recipe to increase the amount of vapour ? I would love seeing more vapour ;)

Im loving the flavours my work mate suggested ...:)

Any recommendations ? Please suggest ..........

Cheers!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Everyone ,

Im just having fun with my ecig , its just unbelievable to have such a good product , which satisfies your urges with nicotine already premixed with the flavours .....Just need some suggestion im getting the desired hit from the premixed liquid i have , but I think im looking for more vapour too as well , Is there any recipe to increase the amount of vapour ? I would love seeing more vapour ;)

Im loving the flavours my work mate suggested ...:)

Any recommendations ? Please suggest ..........

Cheers!!

Nothing specific, because I actually try to get as little cloud as possible, but ejuice with a higher percentage of VG will make more and thicker clouds. Or, higher heat, which you can get either by increasing the wattage, or decreasing the resistance of the coil.

Andria

CYGNUX1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What a great move to do!

I just want to tell you some words about when i start vaping last month. There is no store where I live and I found myself home with 18mg and 21mg e-liquid. That was the level of nicotine I was suppose to use to make transition from analog to e-cig. That level was not good for me cause I started after 2 days to go direct to lung. I think my heart is still running wild in chest .

I am a nervous smoker so I go like 5 ml per days and it was way to much nicotine in my system . Since you have your workmate not far maybe he can help with that. I am at 6 mg right now and I am doing fine like this.

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi Everyone,

Thank you everyone for the support and suggestions. I purchased the Kangertech Top Box Mini from a shop in Melbourne, which is the starter kit recommended to me by a work mate. It seemed to be a bit complex at the beginning, but gradually I am getting on to it. I am still learning about resistance, wattage, temperature, etc, but finding it fun now and slowly getting to my end goal: quitting! Hopefully I can wean myself of cigarettes by NY17.

Juices? I am enjoying some tobacco flavours (not up to fruity level yet) as their flavours are close enough to the real thing . sorry but the sweetness from some fruity ones like blueberry, orange, vanilla were not my thing.

I have tried few from a sample pack: BH, Port ROyel, Drummy, which are nice. Still will have to try Winfield, RY6, and Virginia.

I am planning to go back to the shop next week, to get bigger bottles and check if they have any more good ones .. Any recommendations highly appreciated .

thanks again !!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi Sporty and best of luck to you. I am almost 2 years cigarette free after smoking for almost 30+ years thanks to will power and ecigs! The Kanger TopBox mini is a great starter kit, much better than what I used! Not alot of choices when I started vaping and gear was expensive! Now there are so many great options and pricing!
Yes eliquid is the next hurdle with much trial and error between pg/vg, nic and flavors! Tobaccos,menthols were horrible tasting- I actually like sweet coffee and candy flavors. I went to a vape shop to try liquids and then started trying some highly rated eliquids on the internet, more and more I started to find enjoyable flavors. It just takes time and some trial and error till you find what you like more than cigarettes!
I set my quit date for Dec 1,2014 and gave myself a few weeks to wean out cigs before then. Mornings were hardest for me, but I just vaped more at 24 nic in my Joyetech eCab, and kept that for months when I felt the urge to smoke.I used the eLeaf 20w and eLeaf GsAir tank with lower nic(12mg) throughout the day and I also used the Innokin iTaste vv/vw with the Kanger evod 2 glass tanks.
It is a great idea for you to go to a shop to find your flavors, since we all have different likes and dislikes.

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi Everyone ,

Thanks for your reply snapdragon & sharing your experience with me . Yeah very true the kangertech Topbox mini is a good starter kit . Had visited the local store where my mate had got the product for me , so many flavours to try , so many good range of products . I was just so amazed that they had flavours to try ofcourse but you could even try the product when at the store & then proceed for purchasing if you wish to . Isnt that amazing for someone who just a newbie . Im in love with their flavour Port Royel ...

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats on quitting the paper sticks, Sporty.
When I started vaping, the shop set me up with a small cig like stick (Kanger e-smart), and 6mg nic in a tobacco flavour. This did the trick and I was able to stop smoking (after 30+ yrs ). The gal at the store said she didnt want me buzzing out on too high of nic, but if I felt the urge to smoke cigs to come back and we would step up to 12mg etc. I was quite fine with the 6mg, it seems.
That esmart is still my daily carry, but I do have a bigger hitting Kanger Subbox setup for drinks time at home.

One thing to note, as an ex-smoker (knock on wood?), are you doing "MTL" (mouth to lung) hits on your vape ? Ya know, like smoking a cig.. first draw in the vape to your mouth, then inhale it as a separate step.
If so, you would typically want a restrictive airflow tank (if your Topbox mini is like my Subox mini, then it does well for restrictions with the airflow settings), and fairly low wattage (because you're drawing vape thru the coil slower).
Those who chase clouds tend draw air fast by way of "DL" (direct to lung), and they need high flow rate and thus.. high wattage settings.

For juice, I tend to mix tobacco flav with other flavs as I fill. I have a berry flav that I mix with tobacco flav in my Subox, and various other flavs I mix in the smaller e-smart with tobacco. Some days its bananabread, some days its peach.. etc etc.. keeps things interesting.

Good luck on your path.

frogimus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I started vaping, I tried the tobacco flavors and they left me unsatisfied. It tasted like a fresh cig smells, not like a burning cig at all. I didn't want the candy or fruity flavors, so I ended up with a caramel macchiato for a bit then went to cinnamon fireball for the better part of 2 years. Now I drift around mostly bakery and fruit flavors.

Watch the high nic levels at high watts, or if you're vaping a lot of juice. You're taking in a bit more vape than you would smoke, as most of the cig burns away between drags.

Good luck quitting. Don't pressure yourself. Eventually, you'll like vape more than smoke and it'll be easy.

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi Everyone ,

Havent used cigarattes for a while , feels awesome completely into vaping . didnt know such a good vape store does exist in melbourne . Used to get premixed flavours now moving towards getting more advanced by understanding how to make my own juices . Guys any recommendations or suggestions how to work on making your own juices ...would be highly appreciated ... cheers

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats Sporty ! and Welcome! Best suggestion .. Read on through the different forums.. have patience, no one can learn everything there is to know right away.. but it will come if you stick with it!

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats on the switch, and Welcome to VU!

We have a DIY juice forum. Good a place as any to start. I've been thinking of giving it a try, myself.

sporty2016

Member For 3 Years
Hi

Its been a while iv been using the premixed flavours from a company which has its local store in melbourne , which supplies you all 0mg flavours , products & they have their online store which provides you with the nicotine supplies which I usually get it imported from nz to australia. Have been using their flavour since long now love them !!

Im thinking to move on with making my own liquids !!

Any recommendations & suggestions appreciated .............

Cheers !!

VU Sponsors