Hello world!

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone!

I'm Leah and I'll be 24 next month. I'm from Georgia.

Just started vaping about a month ago and looking to buy a startup kit.

I love the outdoors, cool weather, and being around positive people!

Besides working a full time job I PC game in my spare time.

That's a little about me!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are glad your here Leah! You will find many cool people here and tons of info and help too. Keep it Foggy!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome!

And what is your budget for a good starter kit before I reccomend anything?

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome!

And what is your budget for a good starter kit before I reccomend anything?

$200-250! I would prefer more towards $200 though :)

Bystander, I'm loving the support on this forum already. I'm at work (it's off season so very slow) and a friend of mine saw how many replies I had on my post and was surprised I had already been answered. It's very welcoming here for a noob :p

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone is a noob at one point;)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$200-250! I would prefer more towards $200 though :)

Bystander, I'm loving the support on this forum already. I'm at work (it's off season so very slow) and a friend of mine saw how many replies I had on my post and was surprised I had already been answered. It's very welcoming here for a noob :p
Off season? For what?

Anyhow, as was already mentioned in your other thread, $200 is plenty for a starter kit - provided you buy online... your money wouldn't go as far when you're buying through B&M's. Now that we know your budget - what form factor do you prefer? Boxes? Tubes? Pipes? What specific kit are you coming from?

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Off season? For what?

Anyhow, as was already mentioned in your other thread, $200 is plenty for a starter kit - provided you buy online... your money wouldn't go as far when you're buying through B&M's. Now that we know your budget - what form factor do you prefer? Boxes? Tubes? Pipes? What specific kit are you coming from?

Grills! :p I work for a company that manufactures grills.

I really don't have a preference yet. Like I said before I'm looking for pretty thick clouds. Now nothing like "cloud chasers" I'm not trying to ahve 5 ft clouds :p I just love the thick smoke I see coming from regular mods.

I'd like to try a box or one of those pipes I've seen!

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Char-Broil? I'm afraid nothing would top the clouds your products make! LOL

Anyhow, clouds are mostly a product of high VG juices - and lots of airflow. Both boxes and tubes can provide enough power to produce big clouds, depending on what you're vaping and what atomizer/tank you're using.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kinda hard-pressed working with a big budget, as opposed to smaller ones! Buy a bunch of different devices, then decide what you like best. Do you have any vape shops nearby where you can check out what they have? That would give you an idea as to which direction to go, then we can give you better suggestions...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What I would suggest for a great starter kit is someting that you could grow with.

A good VW (variable wattage mod) and a great clearomizer and coils, good charger and batteries.

Later once you have learned the device, you can get into RBAs (Basically a big rebuildable clearomizer) and RDAs (for cloud chasing if that is what you desire) and go from there.

I kinda prefer box mods but nothing against the tube mods at all.

And $200 is a respectable budget to start with so you can get some great gear for that amount that will last you.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Leah!!

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome.. Most all the folks around here are friendly and "helpful". It's up to you to wade through all the help y'all are gunna get..... Myself being a newbie vapor, keepin' it simple has kept me vapin.....

Are you looking to drip or a tank?

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ha
Char-Broil? I'm afraid nothing would top the clouds your products make! LOL

Anyhow, clouds are mostly a product of high VG juices - and lots of airflow. Both boxes and tubes can provide enough power to produce big clouds, depending on what you're vaping and what atomizer/tank you're using.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kinda hard-pressed working with a big budget, as opposed to smaller ones! Buy a bunch of different devices, then decide what you like best. Do you have any vape shops nearby where you can check out what they have? That would give you an idea as to which direction to go, then we can give you better suggestions...

Bahahaha so funny!

Well, after thinking over night I've decided to take everyones advice and drop my budget down to $100 so I can "try" this out before dropping $200 +

I don't have ANY vape shops where I live sadly! :(

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UncleRJ, Defienetly decided to go with a box for now! I'm looking between a few like the eLeaf you suggested and one that Celtic suggested.

Any other ideas?

Also, in everyone's opinion whats better drip or tank?

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi & welcome :)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the hardest part for any noob is fine tuning the juice they like to their ever changing taste buds, once they stop the real cigs.

i would suggest a far simpler start a simple tank and ego twist for driving and day to day cravings and a dripper for your fun times.
juice i would avoid trying to find the perfect one for at least 4-8 months of solid vaping. Taste buds can and will change

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@adreamersdaze hi there and welcome to vu. i was wondering, have you just given up smoking as well?

as for a good set up - if i were you i'd do some good research on what type of juice tank is best to get as it can make or break your vaping experience. i'd look for something with a good airflow control as it'll help with those clouds ;) and these days you'll still get plenty of flavour.

There are a few good tanks around like the new Mini Nautilus, the Kanger Aero tanks etc,

or you can go the rda, rba, rebuildable route (drippers and kayfuns etc) but you might not be ready for that yet. in any case, the tanks with readymade coils do offer a good vape and there are inexpensive vendors online, many with discount codes, which the forum members will be happy to direct you to. i think you'll find you'll save money. you don't necessarily have to spend $200 to get a decent set up because in the world of vaping you don't always get what you pay for.

anyway, i hope you enjoy your time here and get stuck in, and welcome to the very fun world of juice and vaping

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@adreamersdaze hi there and welcome to vu. i was wondering, have you just given up smoking as well?

I'm loving it so far! :) Yes I'm quitting smoking!

I decided to just go with a groove II for now! Spent $100 in total.

After I try it out I'll give more products a go.

I had to make my amount of $100 so I could get free shipping so I added a Nimbus RDA (for future use) Would this even work for the Groove II? XD

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I had to make my amount of $100 so I could get free shipping so I added a Nimbus RDA (for future use) Would this even work for the Groove II? XD
well now it sounds like you got a pretty good starter mod.

https://www.ecig-vapo.com/smoktech-groove-2-vvvw-3800mah-battery-mod-p-755.html

the above link gives a good list of it's specs and says it has a 5amp output limit and vapes down to 1ohm - so as long as you don't sub ohm your rda you should be good. without doing my calculations i'm figuring (hopefully someone can chime in and clarify or correct me on it) you still might not get a greatest hit using it with your Nimbus as it's got an output limit of 5amps. but i'm sure you're gonna get a lot of life from both items, ok ? ;)

here's vapingunderground's @SMOKIE doing a quick review on your groove 11 and he seems to like it

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

It will work ok, just keep your builds around 1.2 for the coils, I dont build coils yet, but I plan on using fatdaddy vaping donuts to start with. You will love the Groove. Use it all day, plug it in to charge at the end of the night, 4 hours later and its ready for a whole nother day. Check out Jwaps now if you want to customize your Groove a little :) if you get a wrap, all you will have to do is, stick on the decals and cut out the vents on the back.
here is a link to the Jwraps and to the Donuts I was talking about.
http://www.jwraps.com/
http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html (ide get the 1.25 to 1.50 donuts if your gonna use the RDA on your groove.)
Have fun, and grats on kicking the stinkies!:D

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It will work ok, just keep your builds around 1.2 for the coils, I dont build coils yet, but I plan on using fatdaddy vaping donuts to start with. You will love the Groove. Use it all day, plug it in to charge at the end of the night, 4 hours later and its ready for a whole nother day. Check out Jwaps now if you want to customize your Groove a little :) if you get a wrap, all you will have to do is, stick on the decals and cut out the vents on the back.
http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html (ide get the 1.25 to 1.50 donuts if your gonna use the RDA on your groove.)

Nice! Love the wraps. definitely going to order one! I'm going to hold off on the building coils for now just because I have no idea STILL what I'm doing. :p I can't wait to post a picture of my new mod!

well now it sounds like you got a pretty good starter mod.

Yes! I'm so excited for it to arrive :)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Congrats! Did you get the whole set as @Celtic Fog mentioned? Yes, the Nimbus should work just fine as long as you don't go crazy low. :)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to look up what donuts are - first time I heard of them... thanks! :)

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have another question :p

Whats the best (or your favorite) vg/pg ratio for bigger clouds? I think I'm a cloud chaser at heart! :p

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got to see a guy using the donuts in person a few weeks ago, I was extremely impressed.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have another question :p

Whats the best (or your favorite) vg/pg ratio for bigger clouds? I think I'm a cloud chaser at heart! :p
Max VG is best for clouds!! But you may run into wicking issues because it's a very thick liquid. For a beginer using tanks I would suggest trying 50/50 to start and see how you like it and how it wicks in your tanks.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i prefer 50/50 or close to on my mixes. The clouds come more from VG, so if you get a higher VG mix you will make some bigger clouds, however, higher VG can clog up the coils you will be using in the tanks faster. In the kanger, Ive used 70 vg and 30 pg mixes and they worked ok. the 60vg 40 pg worked better, i just stick to 50/50 so i can get some good clouds and good throat hit. I can get some pretty good clouds from my set up like you will be getting.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The higher the VG, the bigger the clouds. Easy way to remember the difference: VG = Vapor Good / PG = *Plavor* Good

:)
It's worth mentioning in this particular thread that as a high VG makes the juice thicker, it might not vape as easily in a normal (non rebuildable) tank because the thick liquid has got to be drawn through very small holes whenever you take a toot. I don't have a problem with my Kayfuns using high vg but I don't use normal tanks with 'readymade' coil heads.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooh what flavours? tell us tell us. It's what it's all about at the end of the day lol

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went with vape wilds sample pack because there were a lot of great flavors I saw!

#1: Sweet Complexity
#2: Strawberries & Cream
#3: Cinnamon Roll
#4: Orange Dream
#5: Vanilla Clouds
#6: Yo' Mango

And with my other order (to get it to $100)

#1 Coconut Chocolate Almond Bar
#2 Banana Berry Blast

It's going to be fun to try these all out!
I had blueberry for my little eCig I have now and it was terrible so I've learned it's hit or miss with different people :p

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you won't like #1 and #3 so it's best to send them to me lol

Orange is nice, especially mixing a little with something else so long as you mix it with the right something else. I do like orange but it's intense - so not an adv for me.

Looks like you're gonna have to pick up a few more tanks to fill hey :rolleyes:

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know! I already need to think of that!

I got the Kanger Aero. Should I just buy another one of those or are there other "top" pieces (atomizers? idk the proper names lol!) that I could get?

Yeah, I can already see I'm going to get WAYYY to into this :p

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know! I already need to think of that!

I got the Kanger Aero. Should I just buy another one of those or are there other "top" pieces (atomizers? idk the proper names lol!) that I could get?

Yeah, I can already see I'm going to get WAYYY to into this :p
LOL, now see what would've happened if you spent your whole budget on one particular device? :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another tank that is similar to the Aerotank is the Nautilus by Aspire, which is pretty popular with the tank crowd as well. For a lesser priced alternative you can go with a HBC bottom coil tank, they cost around 10 dollars a piece and have pyrex glass tanks so no worries about them getting foggy or cracking with certain juices. (citrus and cinnamon can do this to plastic tanks).
http://www.madvapes.com/hbc-bottom-coil-tank.html
Dont forget, you will need to buy replacement coils for the tanks you get, best to buy five packs of them, sounds like you're gonna stick around in vaping for a while hehehehe.
http://www.madvapes.com/smok-tech-replacement-bottom-coils.html (replacement coils for the HBC0

Also, I post a lot of links to madvapes, I don't work there or get any kick backs from them, I just use them and have had good luck with them as far as sales and shipping are concerned.

adreamersdaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another tank that is similar to the Aerotank is the Nautilus by Aspire, which is pretty popular with the tank crowd as well. For a lesser priced alternative you can go with a HBC bottom coil tank, they cost around 10 dollars a piece and have pyrex glass tanks so no worries about them getting foggy or cracking with certain juices. (citrus and cinnamon can do this to plastic tanks).
http://www.madvapes.com/hbc-bottom-coil-tank.html
Dont forget, you will need to buy replacement coils for the tanks you get, best to buy five packs of them, sounds like you're gonna stick around in vaping for a while hehehehe.
http://www.madvapes.com/smok-tech-replacement-bottom-coils.html (replacement coils for the HBC0

Also, I post a lot of links to madvapes, I don't work there or get any kick backs from them, I just use them and have had good luck with them as far as sales and shipping are concerned.

I really enjoyed there site and even bought some juice!
I did but some coils but not enough I don't suppose.
Vaping is going to break me ;) But much better than being stinky!!! :)

Also Celtic, thank's so much for always posting links!!!!!! :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My pleasure, when I first started vaping I had all kinds of suggestions, but not many links to follow, so I was shooting in the dark, didn't want to do that to you;) Vaping should be enjoyable, not tedious. Stay Foggy!

VU Sponsors