Become a Patron!

Hello

burgundyblack

Member For 4 Years
Hi, my name is Josh. I'm new to this forum but I've been a vaper for close to 4 years. I am a big fanboy of Vapor Girl's eliquids (that company's local to where I live). Just wanted to say hi.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello good morning and welcome. I am a big fan of both vapor and girls. Also girls who vape. Not familiar with that brand though.
Come on in and enjoy!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi & welcome! :)

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU Josh.

Rick RED

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Josh. Was thinking of something crude to say, but Ace took my thunder. Welcome

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome from me as well!

What kind of gear are you using?

burgundyblack

Member For 4 Years
@RickRed - Thanks for the welcome.

@UncleRJ - Thanks. I'm actually using an old ZMAX more than anything else. I've also got an Innokin Box (I think the MVP) and Kato Box in the roration. I've got one of those Hana Clones but managed to screw it up. I want to eventually get RBAs/RDAs right, but really need to get wicks right.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
@RickRed - Thanks for the welcome.

@UncleRJ - Thanks. I'm actually using an old ZMAX more than anything else. I've also got an Innokin Box (I think the MVP) and Kato Box in the roration. I've got one of those Hana Clones but managed to screw it up. I want to eventually get RBAs/RDAs right, but really need to get wicks right.

The Kayfun series are very easy to build.

And I use Ramie fiber from the Woolery. Wicks like crazy and is heat resistant so it does not burn up like cotton for example.

burgundyblack

Member For 4 Years
The Kayfuns were what I was looking at with tanks. I like the bottom fed mechanic, as opposed to what the AGA/Genesis styles do. Thanks for the heads up on the wick. Burning is an issue. Do you do anything to prep the fiber before wrapping it with the coils?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Kayfuns were what I was looking at with tanks. I like the bottom fed mechanic, as opposed to what the AGA/Genesis styles do. Thanks for the heads up on the wick. Burning is an issue. Do you do anything to prep the fiber before wrapping it with the coils?

I do boil it just to remove any traces left from the De-Gumming process.

Just take a long strand and put a clamp on either end to keep it from deforming into a blob, boil it for a couple of minutes, remove from pot, blot dry.

I put it in a toaster oven set very low for about 20 minutes and it comes out dry. The stuff stores virtually no liquid unlike cotton that acts as a sponge but it transfers liquid almost immediately to the coil. Never had a dry hit as long as liquid is in the tank. Here is a picture of the rig I use to boil a strand.
Ramie Clamp.jpg

VU Sponsors