Hello

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Oops - should have refreshed my browser, thanks Kevin, @cindycated yep these are not the same as the Gourmet line.

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know about what's going on with us in NC in regards to nicotine. Here is what we posted to the site:

Dear Customers:

As some of you may be aware North Carolina has introduced new regulations affecting the vaping community that will be enacted beginning June 1, 2015. This includes a new tax that will be assessed on sales of products containing nicotine. As a result, we are suspending all sales of nicotine, effective immediately. We are in the process of working out an arrangement where VapersTek nicotine, DIY supplies and an even larger selection of flavorings will be available to order all in one place! Our facility in Durham will become singularly focused on meeting the rapidly growing demand for flavorings suitable for DIY. We thank you for being loyal customers and look forward to handling all of your DIY needs in the weeks to come.

Sincerely,

Your friends at Bull City Vapor

It may be several weeks before we have a fully functional work around in place but in the meantime I encourage anyone looking for nicotine to visit Kevin directly over at www.vaperstek.org!
- Drew

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads-up on the nic situation - now I just want moar flavor! My cart is lonely waiting until it can check out, it wants to get in a box bound for the People's Republic of California, where I'd have expected regulations to hit harder and faster than NC...

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the heads-up on the nic situation - now I just want moar flavor! My cart is lonely waiting until it can check out, it wants to get in a box bound for the People's Republic of California, where I'd have expected regulations to hit harder and faster than NC...
I'll shoot you an email tomorrow as soon as I can check on your flavors. Ya, I know what you mean but in this case the per/ml tax was clearly written by Big Tobacco to benefit cig-a-likes and those guys still have a lot of pull in North Cackalacky :mad:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First, congratulations on the vendor status, good sir! I'm way way late to the party!

Second, it's unfortunate that NC imposed the tax. These taxes and regulations States are starting set the tone for other states as well... It won't be long, I just read an article about big tobacco and their hand in all of this, if I can find the link I'll post, not news but a good read, and the direction we're heading...
Anyway, it sounds like you got things under wraps and I wish you guys the best!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll shoot you an email tomorrow as soon as I can check on your flavors. Ya, I know what you mean but in this case the per/ml tax was clearly written by Big Tobacco to benefit cig-a-likes and those guys still have a lot of pull in North Cackalacky :mad:
Eh, what's the worst that can happen, says Dave as he adds another 3 items to the cart...

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Roundhouse, I am in your neck of the woods...do you have any kind of retail location or are your products available for pickup?

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man @CurlyxCracker ! You guys headed to Myrtle soon? :)

@John C we don't have a retail location but locals can pickup at our warehouse, PM me your zip code and I'll make sure you have a pick up option under shipping method.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man @CurlyxCracker ! You guys headed to Myrtle soon? :)

@John C we don't have a retail location but locals can pickup at our warehouse, PM me your zip code and I'll make sure you have a pick up option under shipping method.
Things are hectic as ever around here! But I hope so. Had to cancel our plans we had for last month... Really hope we can figure things out and get down that way soon!

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the law only applies to NC but WE are located in NC so shipping out of state does not necessarily mean no taxes need to get paid. We don't cut pure and don't have much mark up on VT nor are we willing to try and pass a bullshit tax on to our customers, so NC can have it's tax but it cannot tax something that never enters the state, that's what we're working on.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But it only applies to customers in NC

so NC can have it's tax but it cannot tax something that never enters the state, that's what we're working on.

Soooo then drop shipping would work? or perhaps not.. in either case am happy that you have a possible solution in the works and will place an order as soon as you get that worked out! Only have done two small orders from BCV so far .. but have been happy with service and products no question! Thanks and good luck working out the details

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just want to thank BCV for there super fast shipping and service. I got my second large order of flavorings yesterday and will order more soon. Thanks again Matt:)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want to thank BCV for there super fast shipping and service. I got my second large order of flavorings yesterday and will order more soon. Thanks again Matt:)
It's almost like they're partnered with USPS to make sure it's delivered quickly! Lol I'm only a handful of states away but it's never more than 2-3 days tops. Even with non-prority shipping. And they get their stuff out QUICK! And I have always been fond of the little note from the packer on the invoice, idk why, just shows they care about what they do I suppose!

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love Bull City. Awesome service. Thank you.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD 10mls of Joy are awaiting customs clearance, larger sizes I believe should be in toward the end of the week or early next week.
This is great news, I've had a full shop cart (you know, enough to get free shipping... Lol) for 2-3 weeks now waiting for some Joy in my life...

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Roundhouse Any idea when the Hpno will be available? I want to put in an order eligible for free shipping, and would like to include Hpno in that order.

Thanks,
CC

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
This is great news, I've had a full shop cart (you know, enough to get free shipping... Lol) for 2-3 weeks now waiting for some Joy in my life...
I sincerely apologize for these delays!! We are working with DHL and FlavourArt to try and get this shipment to clear, this is today's update from DHL:
"Due to the nature of the goods, specific authorization is required from a regulatory authority other than Customs for further clearance"
If this is not straightened out by the end of the week we will make re-bottled 10mls of Joy available.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love BVC - their shipping is speedy! Got my 30 mls of joy :)

btw, those FA bottles with the orange caps always seem to leak in transit. I got one with a blue cap today, which I don't think did leak (can't really tell because of the other leakage) - are they all going to come with these new caps?

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

btw, those FA bottles with the orange caps always seem to leak in transit. I got one with a blue cap today, which I don't think did leak (can't really tell because of the other leakage) - are they all going to come with these new caps?
Just got my Joy shipment too, funny, several orange caps were fine, the only blue cap leaked all over
Here's the new cap

Edit, photos not working from tapatalk
Try later

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
btw, those FA bottles with the orange caps always seem to leak in transit.

None of my bottles like this have leaked one bit ... I really like these bottles so I hope your experience with them was just a fluke. If you don't want yours, I'll take them! :D

Last edited:

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years

I am very sorry, Amanda!! We've been getting a fair bit of feedback recently about some of these bottles leaking, having broken seals and a few even snapping at the neck, it doesn't happen all the time but enough that they are definitely becoming a problem. Not to mention we receive several in each shipment that have leaked and must be discarded. I know they are aware of the issue with the bottles and I believe they are moving toward the blue capped ones though most of what we continue to receive in still comes with the orange caps.

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
If you ever decide on bakers flavor's line you can take my money now..
Unfortunately thus far our conversations with Baker's Flavors have left me with the distinct impression that this is one vendor I can't risk doing business with.

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Joy shipment too, funny, several orange caps were fine, the only blue cap leaked all over
Here's the new cap

Edit, photos not working from tapatalk
Try later

Oh wow, that's not good, I'm sorry, I assumed those bottles were more robust!! The photo didn't come through would it be possible to email it to [email protected]?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am very sorry, Amanda!! We've been getting a fair bit of feedback recently about some of these bottles leaking, having broken seals and a few even snapping at the neck, it doesn't happen all the time but enough that they are definitely becoming a problem. Not to mention we receive several in each shipment that have leaked and must be discarded. I know they are aware of the issue with the bottles and I believe they are moving toward the blue capped ones though most of what we continue to receive in still comes with the orange caps.
No problem - it was a comment, rather than a complaint!

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
None of my bottles like this have leaked one bit ... I really like these bottles so I hope your experience with them was just a fluke. If you don't want yours, I'll take them! :D
Yay, I'm glad to hear that! We have a few I can send you :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just popping in to add my bottle experiences and say I've now had 3 of the orange capped ones snap at the neck...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. My orange and blue FA bottles have all been fine.
*this is not a complaint for BCV at all!*
I do dislike INW switching package. The boxes were perfect. Not a fan at all of the new plastic packaging. They, to me "influence" leaking. Nothing over the top, but enough to smear the label. Not like I've heard coming from another diy vendor, but INW go back to boxes! They look better anyway, lol*

Also, I want to thank you @Roundhouse I like you're new (well not so new any more, it's been months since you switched) repackaged bottles! I haven't snapped one of those yet!

Edit: We were all happy with the original bottles, like coming directly from manufacturer. Now it seems the manufacturer's bottling has gone downhill. Not BCV fault.

Also, Drew, just throw all your incoming leaky bottles in a box I'll be by to pick them up, eventually, lmao! Wish I did live closer though, I'd buy the leaky ones, less money in the bin...

Last edited:

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Just popping in to add my bottle experiences and say I've now had 3 of the orange capped ones snap at the neck...

Ughh, I'm so sorry @OBDave !! I'll take care of it

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. My orange and blue FA bottles have all been fine.
*this is not a complaint for BCV at all!*
I do dislike INW switching package. The boxes were perfect. Not a fan at all of the new plastic packaging. They, to me "influence" leaking. Nothing over the top, but enough to smear the label. Not like I've heard coming from another diy vendor, but INW go back to boxes! They look better anyway, lol*

Also, I want to thank you @Roundhouse I like you're new (well not so new any more, it's been months since you switched) repackaged bottles! I haven't snapped one of those yet!

Edit: We were all happy with the original bottles, like coming directly from manufacturer. Now it seems the manufacturer's bottling has gone downhill. Not BCV fault.

Also, Drew, just throw all your incoming leaky bottles in a box I'll be by to pick them up, eventually, lmao! Wish I did live closer though, I'd buy the leaky ones, less money in the bin...

Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about with Inawera and I just recently asked them if there was any possible way we could get those in the boxes again because the new plastic packaging is extremely problematic. No word yet on whether or not that's possible.

Oh and no worries, I've got plenty for you just waiting for you to come by and pick 'em up :)

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone for the feedback on the bottles, I'll be looking into solutions for the FA bottle problems and we are already trying to find solutions to the Inawera bottles.

On another note, for those waiting on 10mls of Joy, they just arrived and should be up on the site very soon.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ughh, I'm so sorry @OBDave !! I'll take care of it
Not a big deal, I just transferred to other bottles. Just wanted to let you know what I've experienced, not looking for a replacement or anything...thanks for the offer though!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone for the feedback on the bottles, I'll be looking into solutions for the FA bottle problems and we are already trying to find solutions to the Inawera bottles.

On another note, for those waiting on 10mls of Joy, they just arrived and should be up on the site very soon.
I have to wait for the next round I'm thinking. I don't want to make an order for one flavor. Everyone seems to love this stuff! Also @HeadInClouds description makes me think it'd be good for a deep fried twinkie recipe!
But, I won't be a contender this round, hopefully next round I'll be on it.

VU Sponsors