Hello

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I figured I've been lurking long enough that I may as well finally say hi. I'm a new vaper from Pennsylvania. I've bought my first cheap ZigZag clearomizer kit on January 1st and haven't had a cigarette since. The vaping itself has helped me stay cigarette free, but I honestly thing this forum has been the other half of the equation.

I've always been a DIY kind of guy, whether it comes to guitars, or cell phones or whatever else I can tinker around with, so while the ZigZag setup worked, after finding this forum I really got into the the idea of customization. Within a week I had a bought an Aspire Premium kit and then replaced the battery with an Istick 20W. I think the fact that I can keep playing with my setup and toying with different juices, mods and tanks has been what has kept me from getting bored and just saying "screw it, I'll go get a pack of Pall Malls".

This site has been invaluable in terms of learning, so I'd like to thank everyone who has posted something helpful here (Dozens of you that I've read and I'm sure hundreds more that I haven't). Just from getting bored at work or on the couch when I have insomnia and poking around I've went from almost completely ignorant to weighing the pros and cons of different models for my first RTA (Hope to place an order after pay day next week).

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, Barkt, glad to see you are learning from the forum and I hope to see you around. Thanks for signing up with us:)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU. Always good to see another smoker kick the smokes to the curb..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome from me as well.

Let me know when you have made your first mod!

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome from me as well.

Let me know when you have made your first mod!
As soon as I figure out the coils and wicks I'll start playing with mods. One semi-dangerous activity at a time

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Undeground Barkt. Nice to meet you:)

This is a good forum with a lot of helpful information. Take things slow and let it all sink in. Too many new vapors rush into things and want to experience instant gratification and results, but life as we both know doesn't work that way. What's important is that you (don't get bored) like you mentioned. I like the concept of DIY and like you I experimented a lot when I started years back. One thing is certain that in the end you'll be healthier, happier and have more money in your bank account. Provided that you only get what you need and not worry about what everyone else has in order to appear "cool." Enjoy the journey ahead you're now part of the Revolution. Cheers!

VU Sponsors