Become a Patron!

Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hello there fellow vapers.

Today i will be reviewing the Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL which was sent to me by Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

Before really getting into it i will leave you with some pics so you know all that you need to know just with a quick glance.

colors.JPG
contents.JPG
specs.JPG
components.JPG
airflow.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Usual packaging when it comes to Hellvape products,2 layers where the first one you find the tank,long chamber extender and the spare drip tip.

Remove that and in the bottom you will find 2 baggies,one of them contains some cotton and a 0.7 ohm Ni80 Clapton coil and in the other baggie some spare o-rings,small screwdriver,2 spare screws and the gasket for the tank's top cap.

The tank looks good,i mean maybe at first glance you think the long weirdly shaped 510 drip tip won't work but after looking at the tank for a bit longer you actually start to like it,gotta say it looks pretty cool.

Kudos to Hellvape for not going to cheap route and just giving you another bubble glass to increment the capacity of the tank.
No sir,Hellvape went all out and included a long chamber extender with glass that will increase the tanks capacity from 2ml to 4ml.

Vaping time:

Ok so i am a bit rusty,haven't built RTA for a while so i was a bit worried but nah this deck was like fool proof for even a klutz like me.

Dropping and securing the coil was easy peazy,stabilize the coil then ready to get my wick on and i do not mean John Wick but wick as in cotton...and now i want to rewatch all 4 John Wick movies hehe.

As stated previously in some of my other reviews i suck at wicking,I am not just bad i truly am the King of Suckage but in this case it was pretty darn easy.

Wicked pretty well and the coil reading at 0.74 ohms,time to give this baby a try,screw in the top part of the tank,fill the tank and voila ready to vape...or so i thought.

Yeah i was getting ''short'' on the screen of my mod,not good.
To be perfectly clear this was user error,i didn't cut the legs of the coil properly so i had to take apart the tank and trim the edges of the coil.

Ok,coils trimmed...tank all put back together and no ''short'' message in the screen so I'm golden to give this baby a try.

Keep in mind this tank has only 4 settings when it comes to airflow,smallest airflow which is 0.8mm,then it goes up to 1.2mm,1.4mm and the biggest opening is 1.6mm.

Thought i would work myself from smallest (0.8mm) to the biggest (1.6mm).

I dabbled between wattages and settled between 16w and 18 watts,the 0.8mm aperture gave me a true MTL vaping experience.
With this aperfute i got a nice hit,decent cloud production and good flavor but you know me,i am not an MTL vaper so i was in a hurry to get to the biggest airflow configuration.

Turned the airflow ring all the way to 1.6mm and this is where i actually really enjoyed the vape,very nice throat hit,plenty of vapor and a kick of flavor to the face in true Van Damme style.

Tired from all my reviews of disposables i just used my regular daily Shiva aroma at a proportion of 70/30 with 6mg of nic, using the same e-liquid helps me out when it comes to reviewing a vaping product.

PROS:

-Easy to place the coil
-Easy to wick
-Cool looking drip tip
-Solid tank with good materials
-Extension tank which brings the capacity up from 2ml to 4ml
-Old school top cap filling,twist off (no quarter turn,multiple turns required),no frills or bells or whistles.
Twist top cap works so why mess with it
-No spitback or gurgling

CONS:

-Not sure this constitutes a con,this is more like a personal observation.
You have only 4 different apertures to choose from when it comes to the airflow of the tank.
Some might find the right one but with only 4 options there is a chance you won't find your sweet spot.

Would i recommend this tank:

For new MTL users that are looking into getting their first MTL tank you can't go wrong with the Dead Rabbit MTL.
Coil placement and wicking is super easy and performance wise i won't say its high end but it does get the job done.
Not saying it is bad either,more like midway,good performance,good flavor and enough to get your vape on.

Veteran vapers well if you're a MTL enthusiast you probably have something that will vape better,not going to lie about this.
But if you're curious,want an MTL that is easy to setup and won't leak,gurgle or give you any spitback even if your wicking isn't perfect then look no further...the Dead Rabbit MTL is for you.

At this moment you have the Dead Rabbit MTL at Sourcemore for only $22.59 which is a good deal considering the quality of the product you getting.

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

VU Sponsors