Become a Patron!

Hellvape Drop 2 RDA Review By Ben28

Hellvape Drop 2 RDA
1710422723338.png

Hellvape has released this new RDA, called Drop 2 RDA, an improved version of the old and classic Drop. What is added is a much larger deck with more liquid bay, extra drip tip, quite precise and extensive air regulation... Among many other things.

Let's start the review, but not before thanking Kavis from Sourcemore for providing me with the product. You can visit the Sourcemore page and the Drop 2 RDA.

combo.jpg

Features;
  • 1. Multiple airflow adjustable
  • 2. Adjust airflow by level or row
  • 3. Dual coil
  • 4. Postless building deck
  • 5. 24mm diameter
  • 6. Multiple airflow combination
  • 7. Extra colorful 810 drip tip included
Brand
Hellvape
Product Name
Drop Dead 2 RDA
Diameter
24mm
Drip Tip
Coil Type
Dual coil
Color
S.S, Matte Black, Gold, Blue, Gunmetal. Matte Full Black, Rainbow, Bloody Mess

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240307203818.jpg

The packaging is Hellvape type. A red and black box with an image of the product (which does not match it, that is, there is no individual packaging). At the top right we see the logo of the brand itself and on the left, rotated, we see the model. At the bottom left, a sticker indicates the color of the product.

I have little to say about this front, it is simple but beautiful.

ReLens_IMG_20240307203827.jpg

Behind we are presented with some features of the product and the contents of the box. In addition, we are presented with a scratch card to verify the veracity of the product and a barcode.

In the box;

1* Drop 2 RDA
2* 0.37Ω Ni80 Clapton Coils
2* Shoelace Cotton
1* BF Pin
1* Cutting Tool
1* Accesory Bag
1* Extra 810 Drip Tip
1* User Manual

ReLens_IMG_20240307203844.jpg

When we opened the box we found the RDA in a custom-made recess on a kind of pad. Right next to it we see the extra drip tip, which is golden but transparent. At the bottom there is a rectangular box that contains all the accessories, the coils and the cotton.

ReLens_IMG_20240307203947.jpg

If we organize everything a little, we are left with the RDA itself, the bag of accessories, the extra drip tip and the coils with the cotton.

Product Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240307204105.jpg

This is what the RDA looks like completely disassembled. The deck, simply from the image, shows that it is very wide, as it is 6.2mm high. In the center we find the body itself, which has the air regulation slots. On the right we find the Top Cap, with which we will regulate the air, which has a fairly simple and very comprehensive regulation. Finally we see the drip tip that will be attached to the top cap.

As for its shape, it is quite large, it seems to be more than 24mm once assembled. It has a cylindrical shape and does not shrink at any point.

ReLens_IMG_20240307204117.jpg

Below we find the pin, which is perfectly interchangeable with a BF pin that is in fact included in the package. This way it can be used perfectly with a squonker, and thanks to its large liquid capacity, it is perfect for that.

ReLens_IMG_20240307204011.jpg

Here we can appreciate both its shape once assembled and the air regulation. As I told you before, it has a cylindrical shape that continues until the end, just before the drip tip.

The air regulation is very versatile and extensive. We can close it through rows or through holes, exactly 15 of them. It is a very aerated atomizer if we use it with everything open, but if we close it, it can take a more restricted puff and do something like an RDL.

I really liked this air regulation, it also works very finely and is very easy to move but it does not move accidentaly.

ReLens_IMG_20240307204025.jpg

This is the deck where we will create our build, it is very spacious and allows us to put quite large coils. I recommend cutting them with the tool that comes at 5 or 6mm. I accidentally cut them to 4mm and they were a little too short but fine. The way to build here is very simple. We put our coils and center them, then we put the cotton, we strip them to taste, and we put them in the bay of the atomizer so that they absorb the liquid well later.

It's as simple as that, you don't have to worry about many things, just center the coils and place them at the height of the air inlet.

ReLens_IMG_20240307205525.jpg

This is how it looks built and with the cotton well wet. I always test the atomizers with the coils and cotton that they come with, so the result could vary if, for example, we use a higher quality cotton or artisanal coils.

Vaping Time
Well, once the coils were mounted they gave me 0.18Ω in dual. They are coils with a lot of mass, for normal vaping at 45-50W but with these I had to raise it to 60W for them to heat well.

The flavor is very good, combined with the completely open air inlet it gives a very good sensation. If we close the entrance somewhat we notice the restriction in the puff and the flavor is slightly enhanced, which is why I keep it somewhat closed whenever I vape.

Something that I have noticed, and that has made this item suitable for occasional use, has been the fact that it gets hotter than any other item I have. In fact, I have two more Hellvape atomizers that, at the same power, do not get hot compared to this one. This, along with the low drip tip, means that sometimes you burn your lips when you take a puff, which I don't like at all.

As for building, it is very simple to build and wick, in addition, with its large capacity it makes it perfect for both dripping and squonking.

Otherwise I don't have anything bad to say, it provides a good flavor, good vapor but... the fact that it gets hot makes me reconsider whether I would buy this atomizer or not.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Easy Building
It Gets Hot Too Quickly
Exceptional Airflow Regulation
Good Flavour And Vapor
Easy Disassembly
BF Pin Included
Large Liquid Capacity

Conclusion
I have to admit that it is not a bad RDA at all, but I am put off by the fact that with 3 puffs it is already too hot (which could be fixed with a longer drip tip).

Otherwise, in terms of flavor, vapor, assembly and disassembly, it is a very good atomizer that surpasses its little brother, the classic Drop.

VU Sponsors