Become a Patron!

HELP!! 26650 3500 mAh 3.7 v battery HELP

sorrowbysmiles97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I got a fat snow wolf mech mod. It came with the original battery. After some time of using it (about 5 days), the battery begins to die out. I ordered a new one and it just came in this Friday and it's dead already. The original battery is a MNKE IMR. How long do they usually last? The battery that I ordered is a IMREN IMR 26650 3.7 v 60 A Li-Mn 3600 mAh. How long does that usually last? And it says rechargeable, anyone know where to find a cheap one???? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So I got a fat snow wolf mech mod. It came with the original battery. After some time of using it (about 5 days), the battery begins to die out. I ordered a new one and it just came in this Friday and it's dead already. The original battery is a MNKE IMR. How long do they usually last? The battery that I ordered is a IMREN IMR 26650 3.7 v 60 A Li-Mn 3600 mAh. How long does that usually last? And it says rechargeable, anyone know where to find a cheap one???? Thanks

What wattage are you vaping at? ... If you are vaping at super high watts the battery will only last a matter of hours... most high wattage vapers change batteries 2-3 times a day.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah.. at 60watts the battery is not gonna last long... you'll need a few spares and a 26650 charger.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you vaping at? ... If you are vaping at super high watts the battery will only last a matter of hours... most high wattage vapers change batteries 2-3 times a day.
OP said he was using a mech..I was curious how he came up with 60w..
I guess you could use a ohms law calculator, enter the resistance, 4.2v and get the watts for that build in power ..not nitpicking.. Just curious, lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

sorrowbysmiles97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the exact same problem. You need to find a battery charger that can charge a 26650 battery. I call them shot gun she'll batteries. You can get the Chargers on EBay for cheap and at stores they go around $30-$45. I got a 4 port one for $45 but it can charge both of my 26650 batteries. They each last about 2-3 days from full charge. And depending on the charger, only take under an hour or so to charge. I also have a fat snow wolf mech mod with a sub ohm amigo tank.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
600mA charging current. If you like to wait for a long, long, long, long time, sure.

i have that exact charger,,it charges much faster then my nitecore ever thought of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw.at the 2amp rate,the batteries DO get hot in the charger

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have a soldering iron and half a brain to make your own battery trays, the hobby chargers like xcharger and similar from hobby king are great. Around 20 bucks too. Many peeps have an orphaned 12v 5 amp wall wart around the house so you don't need to buy that too. It will also run in the car off a cig lighter tap. I have been using them for 3+ yrs and they will charge lipo, life, lead acid, nicad and nimh. I use them to charge tool packs, ups batteries, small 12v batteries for garden tool engines, you name it. Charge rates vary from .1 to 5 or 6 amps depending on model. You can set total amps per cycle, so if you are charging a 3000 mah battery, if the end voltage isn't reached but 3000 mah value is met, it will shut off. And it will display this fact on screen. Helps cull batteries that are at EOL.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have a soldering iron and half a brain to make your own battery trays, the hobby chargers like xcharger and similar from hobby king are great. Around 20 bucks too. Many peeps have an orphaned 12v 5 amp wall wart around the house so you don't need to buy that too. It will also run in the car off a cig lighter tap. I have been using them for 3+ yrs and they will charge lipo, life, lead acid, nicad and nimh. I use them to charge tool packs, ups batteries, small 12v batteries for garden tool engines, you name it. Charge rates vary from .1 to 5 or 6 amps depending on model. You can set total amps per cycle, so if you are charging a 3000 mah battery, if the end voltage isn't reached but 3000 mah value is met, it will shut off. And it will display this fact on screen. Helps cull batteries that are at EOL.

can you link those ?? i don't have a hobby king anywhere near me to look for them

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be careful with 26650s, many of them are repackaged 18650s. You can buy the conversion device for a few cents, and that's what many of these battery suppliers do. Quite hard to verify.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
can you link those ?? i don't have a hobby king anywhere near me to look for them

Here is the newest one w/ AC built in. May have to get this one myself!!
Haven't been to the site for over a year - they do not have the ones I currently have anymore.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._AC_DC_Charger_5A_50W_With_US_Plug_Copy_.html

This is a clone, the 'authentic' is 44 bucks. Wonder what that is all about??

This is the one I have, where I bought it.
it was 19 and change.... gone up a bit.

Xcharger C6

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/chargers/lipo-balance-chargers.html

I have been tempted to try and use the computer interface options with the chargers I have so I could do some of the charge/discharge analyses... but since everything I have is working fine, I'm not going to look for problems. Having this ability, you can easily determine a battery's state over its useful life.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what is neat about using those chargers.
You can build a sled to balance charge the batteries if you use them in pairs in series, or charge in parallel if that is how they are drained.
Married cells charged and discharged the same way.
I would not recommend this to electronics newbs.
But it is an option.

VU Sponsors