Become a Patron!

Help a new dripper get an optimized build

iDIcktc40w

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys first post here was wondering what build would be ideal for a ehpro plumeveil sitting atop an iStick TC40W. I'm more of a flavor chaser I don't need huge clouds or temp control as I'm mostly vaping cheap high pg e-liquid anyway. I got a 30 foot spool of 26 gauge kanthal but thats it. Also been wicking with drugstore sterile cotton balls. (I'm a cheap ass vaper)

So what would be a good build for me utilizing the full 40 watts of the device? Checking the steam engine i'm pretty sure I chose the wrong gauge.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

iDIcktc40w

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also is there anything wrong with using cotton balls as wick, a buddy of mine is convinced that i'm poisoning myself, he won't use anything unless it's ridiculously priced and has wicking "facts" on the back that emulate a nutrition label. Yet assumes vaping with nickel is absolutely 100% safe.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26 AGW? Go ahead with a 3mm diameter dual coil with 8 wraps per coil. That should bring you out to about 0.57ish ohms and give you plenty of surface area for better flavor.

Also, as an aside, since you brought up wicking. Those cotton balls should be fine for now, but I'd recommend heading back to the drug store and finding the organic ones. The only real difference is that the sterile ones are bleached with peroxide. Ever wash you mouth with peroxide? You know that flavor it leaves behind? You might notice a little bit of that when you vape with the sterile cotton. They're only a bit more expensive. Like... ~$3 for a bag.

iDIcktc40w

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
26 AGW? Go ahead with a 3mm diameter dual coil with 8 wraps per coil. That should bring you out to about 0.57ish ohms and give you plenty of surface area for better flavor.

Also, as an aside, since you brought up wicking. Those cotton balls should be fine for now, but I'd recommend heading back to the drug store and finding the organic ones. The only real difference is that the sterile ones are bleached with peroxide. Ever wash you mouth with peroxide? You know that flavor it leaves behind? You might notice a little bit of that when you vape with the sterile cotton. They're only a bit more expensive. Like... ~$3 for a bag.
Alright thanks alot buddy, glad I joined this forum :)

iDIcktc40w

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a problem dude. Let me know how it turned out.
Turned out great man, iStick is reading it at .56 though it fluctuates slightly, I think its just the screws in the posts getting loose from the heat tho. Took me like an hour and a half minus searching for a screw on floor lmao. Thanks again dude

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turned out great man, iStick is reading it at .56 though it fluctuates slightly, I think its just the screws in the posts getting loose from the heat tho. Took me like an hour and a half minus searching for a screw on floor lmao. Thanks again dude
If you are in Orange County California, you can come over to my house I will give you some organic Japanese cotton

VAPE ON

iDIcktc40w

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are in Orange County California, you can come over to my house I will give you some organic Japanese cotton

VAPE ON
Hehe thanks but I'm good man. I'm on the east coast of Canada and broke as shit

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It does indeed sound like a loose screw. I had a Plume Veil clone that did the same thing too me. The heads of the screws are very small, and the screws don't tighten down very well without leaning into them while tightening down.

VU Sponsors