Become a Patron!

Help decide between an RDA, RDTA or RTA?

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Where to begin? Ok, I'm ordering a maxo zenith this week or next, and I currently have a vapeston maganus cloud blaster tank. I'm thinking about ordering a full on rebuildable with my new mod but I'm not exactly sure what I want.

I understand the concept behind each type. My understanding is as follows:
RDA-best for clouds and flavor, with the issue of constantly having to drip
RDTA-acts as an RDA, but has a small tank at the bottom (for some reason the way I have read is that these don't offer quite as much flavor or clouds as an RDA; why is this?)
RTA-build deck is in a chamber surrounded by juice, wicks from the bottom (?) Typically has biggest juice capacity but lacks in the flavor and cloud department compared to the other two options. Usually has the smallest build deck

I know I want clouds and flavor, with an ever so slight edge toward clouds. I don't mind dripping as long as I'm not driving around, and I usually chain vape in my truck.

Would you guys recommend an RDA to complement my cloud blaster, an RDTA, or just keep using the cloud blaster and use the RBA deck that came with it? I'm not interested in fancy builds at the moment, just simple round wire until I can get a proper build station. If you recommend a proper rebuildable, could you offer a specific one, based on budget and aesthetics with the maxo zenith. With a 28-29mm max atty without overhang, I think a 22mm anything would look goofy. I also don't want to spend a lot of money, but I'd drop $50 on the triplesix Norris 30mm in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ahh, fumytech crystal ball. That's another one I'd highly consider!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Imo it RDA vs Rdta. Same thing just depends on how often you want refill the juice supply.
Also since an RDTA is an RTA.

Since you don't seem to care and are more concerned with the looks..... I have nothing to suggest. .

I think you should get a basic dripper and a basic tank... then decide the style ypu like best.

Base the choice the vape you like rather than how it looks to others.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the RDTA I have, which is the Limitless Plus. Flavor is great, good cloud production...but the thing is a juice hog. If course, I have only used it on dual coil so far, so that might change when I check out single mode. I also have a couple rebuildable tanks that I also love. Get one of each.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's not JUST the looks I'm going for. I do want matchy-matchy, but I also want all around great performance. I won't be doing any cloud comps anytime soon but I like clouding out the room when I can. The fumytech that I mentioned above seems ideal performance wise. With it I can drip directly on the coils or fill the tank and use it as an RTA. Seems win-win to me. That is, of course, if the reviews are accurate and not paid....

VU Sponsors