Become a Patron!

Help. Is my evic primo tc se a clone?

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I thought I got a joyetech evic primo tc se. My girlfriend bought it for me from a store near us as a gift.
She told me that the guy said he would give her a really great deal on a mod and tank and a 60ml juice (Cleito exo) but he doesn't have the box for it. So she got it.. Anyway, long story short...it has NO joyetech logo or any type of model markings on it. It as an exact match of every tiny detail of the one on the website...but there is no markings at all.
I'm wonderfing if this means what I think.. That it's a knockoff? Can someone with more knowledge help me out..is there any way for a genuine joyetech mod to not have any markings or logos?
Thanks

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good possibility. The evic primo has the Joytech logo and Joytech stamped or etched on left side (with the led facing you) of the mod on an angle just below and forward of the grip tape. I would be highly suspicious of a mod without a logo some where. Check it hear http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-primo/?age-verified=784e2c167d . The fact that no box came with it is also suspect. Almost all manufacturers put a sticker on or in the box with a code that verifies the authenticity of the product on the manufacturers website. Without that code it's a toss up whether you've got a clone or not.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good possibility. The evic primo has the Joytech logo and Joytech stamped or etched on left side (with the led facing you) of the mod on an angle just below and forward of the grip tape. I would be highly suspicious of a mod without a logo some where. Check it hear http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-primo/?age-verified=784e2c167d . The fact that no box came with it is also suspect. Almost all manufacturers put a sticker on or in the box with a code that verifies the authenticity of the product on the manufacturers website. Without that code it's a toss up whether you've got a clone or not.
I thought it was a clone, but get this. I was told it was an evic primo se tc...so I tried to upgrade the firmware with it and it didnt recognize it at all..but i was looking online at eciv primo mini model, and none of the pics have the logo stamped on the handle..so i figured, try the evic primo mini firmware..and it recognized and upgraded it no problem as an evic primo mini..so I would think that if it were actually a clone..it wouldnt of recognized it all right? is that possible for it to recognize a clone?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it updated it most likely isn't a clone. As you suspect it's probably a mini then, and likely authentic. It is very unlikely that it would recognize a clone. As long as everything is working as it should your golden.

VU Sponsors