Become a Patron!

help! Juice tastes like perfume

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received an order of ejuice a week ago and just got 2 new tanks, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. ISub tank and Mount Baker Beast Treats. Now, I'm not knocking Mt Baker. It's highly probable that I haven't let it steep long enough. And I ordered 20 PG/80 VG with 1 extra flavor shot. Maybe that shot was too much. Regardless, right now it tastes like perfume. Should I let it mellow a bit linger, or try cutting it with some straight VG? I figure it's normally great. I've heard good things about them. I'd hate to throw out a 30 ml bottle of juice because I ordered it too strong.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let it sit at least 2 weeks from when they shipped it out. 3 weeks if its a dessert flavor... not sure what beast is.

Not a fan of MBV but hopefully that one gets better after a propper steep

Even if after 3 weeks it's not good, give that bitch a couple months and try it. I'd give it ludicrous steep before I threw it away ;)

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it's supposed to be a sour candy type flavor. Sort of like skittles or sweet tarts.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fruit makes sense with an alcoholy taste.
Uncap it every couple days for the first week and blow into it to get some of the alcohol vapers out.
Some flavoring concentrates use alcohol along with pg in the flavoring and that needs to vent out a bit.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll give that a try. Any juices that are good right off and don't require steeping to enjoy? I enjoy sweet custards usually, and from what I understand, they usually need at least a couple weeks. I have a lot of local stores I can buy from, but I'd like to save a bit. I have one particular favorite I will continue to buy local. I'm trying to save a bit, while still supporting local shops. Just a couple years ago, there were barely any vape shops in my town. Now there are several good ones I trust.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I received an order of ejuice a week ago and just got 2 new tanks, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. ISub tank and Mount Baker Beast Treats. Now, I'm not knocking Mt Baker. It's highly probable that I haven't let it steep long enough. And I ordered 20 PG/80 VG with 1 extra flavor shot. Maybe that shot was too much. Regardless, right now it tastes like perfume. Should I let it mellow a bit linger, or try cutting it with some straight VG? I figure it's normally great. I've heard good things about them. I'd hate to throw out a 30 ml bottle of juice because I ordered it too strong.
ahhh the undisclosed issue that I have been preaching about.. Its some weird ass preservative some use.

To make it go away open the bottles leave them out a day they will be fine then check them should be gone..
hehe I hate that perfume crapaola

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will certainly check it out.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I'll check it out. And I'll uncapped the juice awhile. The way the bottles are designed, I can't blow in them, but I can let them breathe. I have 8 cats running around though, so I have to be careful there, though.

Last edited:

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using the iSub tank too! :) I've noticed with mt. Baker & vape wild (even the pre-steeped) juices need to breath some to get rid of the chemical/perfume tastes. I keep mine in a wood box let them hang out for a couple days, shake them up then run them under warm water or let them soak, shake them up again, take the caps off (the little dripper piece too) let them breath for 15 minutes- 2 hours, shake them up let them steep some more. So far everything has been not perfume flavored.

I ordered a pre-steeped fruit hoops from vape wild, I had to let that breath for a little over a day it was very chemically to me when I got it... I love it now after breathing. Hope you can enjoy your juice! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using the iSub tank too! :) I've noticed with mt. Baker & vape wild (even the pre-steeped) juices need to breath some to get rid of the chemical/perfume tastes. I keep mine in a wood box let them hang out for a couple days, shake them up then run them under warm water or let them soak, shake them up again, take the caps off (the little dripper piece too) let them breath for 15 minutes- 2 hours, shake them up let them steep some more. So far everything has been not perfume flavored.

I ordered a pre-steeped fruit hoops from vape wild, I had to let that breath for a little over a day it was very chemically to me when I got it... I love it now after breathing. Hope you can enjoy your juice! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you find a particular combo of wattage and airflow to be best on the iSub? I'm still looking for that sweet spot, flavor wise. I'm getting great vapor clouds, but I'm more interested in flavor than cloud. My other tank is a smok VCT which I'm using in temp control mode. (With an istick 40) because dry hitting was becoming an issue even at 30 watts. 25 seems to be where I like it set with the A1 core in wattage mode. I have the nickel core in the VCT right now. 25 is where I have been running the iSub too. Burnt cotton is unpleasant tasting, to say the least, and I'm afraid of ruining my iSub core. My juice is max vg, but these cores are supposed to be able to handle that.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Appreciate all the great info I'm getting here so far. I'm basically a noob. LOL.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, had the same thing happen to me, got some ace liquids sour skittles just Friday, opened it, smelled amazing, get my wick covered in the stuff, push the button and I swear to god it taste like pinesol smells. Ripped the wicked out and tossed the juice on my shelf, letting it set for a while

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeash, some of my coil wicks are gross now too. I had to take the coils out and put in new ones. They're prebuilt. The ones I had to yank are new, so I'm going to give them a soak and see if they're usable.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I tried the nasty juice again. Afternoon Delight has gotten much better. Airing and steeping did help it. The clove flavor is ok, too. Not great but ok. It would probably be best mixed with something else. Nothing is going to save Beast Treats, I fear. It still tastes like straight up perfume. Once again, I had to empty and clean the tank and change coils. That stuff lingers bad. I also accidently topped off my strawberry tank with black clove. Luckily I noticed it quickly. I dumped and refilled it before any harm was done. I also learned the hard way that smok A1 replacement coils come out of the pack with the juice holes closed down. Didn't pay attention. Screwed the coil in, primed it, fired it up and immediately got burned cotton. I've wasted a lot of s#!t tonight. LOL. Fortunately I have more replacements. I will not make that mistake again.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've found that heating them does best instead of letting them set.
I could be wrong but it worked for the little diy I did.
Take the bottles and put them in a zip lock bag. Get a pan and fill it half way with water, put it on the stove top, low setting, I'd say around 120° tops was what I used, periodically I'd dip my hand in the water so the point where it was just about too much for me to handle and just let the juices sit in it. Every 30 minutes or so I'd take out the baggy and shake it for about a minute or so, then back in the water. I did that for around 3 hours and it made my juices taste better, I'm sure others have better methods but that's what I came up with.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors