Become a Patron!

Help! Keeping Exotic Builds Flat!

Hi All,
Been vaping for 6 months now. Jumped into rebuildables right off the hop. Was hooked on building my own coils right from my very first 24g Ka1 round wire build.
I've had wonderful (albeit, intermittent :p) success with claptons, fused claptons, staggered fused claptons, aliens, and a number of different smaller staple variations.
As my builds get bigger (more specifically, WIDER) I keep running into a buckling problem.
Thus far, taping ends, using paper clips, key rings, etc. have all helped tremendously. But I would love a better way to clamp my builds inside the chuck.

I've googled my face off, but I can't seem to find what I'm after.
Anybody ever come across a chuck insert that would convert to a flat clamping end??
Or alternatively, has come up with a way to keep everything all situated in its desired configuration before wrapping in a regular three prong drill chuck??

I've just been figuring out each build as I go along. Looking at some sexy Instagram pic and trying to recreate it. But I just KEEP squishing and buckling all the prep work I've put in as soon as I start to wrap it. Clearly I've yet to learn an important trick!

I dream of doing crazy junk like mega-multi-core staples, adding corrugations and just generally mixing all sorts of different wire gauges/types into a single build.... but how the heck do these builders keep everything together??? Colour me stumped.

VU Sponsors