Become a Patron!

Help, New to Mods

Hi so im new to mods. I normally use my Kanger ego setup but im after something small just to get me through my breaks at work.

I came across the Nemesis Mod and what i was wanting to do is use that with a 18350 battery. Am i able to use a Kanger Protank with the Kanger 1.5 ohm dual coils? Would i need anything else to make that work, if it can work?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep it will but the battery life will not be that great.

But you can always carry a spare battery with you as well.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will work however you wont be maximizing the potential of the mod. With a tank it might be better to get an istick or something of that nature.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ya... I would have to second @AntiClone on that. If you intend to remain a "tanker" I would move to a regulated box mod like the iStick, MVP, or VaporShark.

However, to answer your question... yes... it will work... but I cannot imagine it would be very satisfying of a setup. 1.5Ohm coil is gonna drain that battery pretty quick.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I agree Countrypami. I feel that to get the maximum out of a mech mod you really should be sub ohming. If you arent concerned about chasing clouds, I would recommend the istick or a low wattage regulated device and then just work your way up from there.

I might go for the Joyetech ego one, its nearly what im looking for... I really like the firing pin on the nemesis tho and how small it is with a 350 in it. Out of curiosity would a slightly higher coil, maybe 2ohm give me a half decent battery life?

What if i went with a Nemesis 18350 with a kick. What kind of coil and setting with the kick would get me through half a day or more?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not a bad idea! You probably could last longer with a Evolv Kick 2, due to making it a regulated mod. If I had a 18350 battery, I could tell you how long you can last. I happen to have a Kick 2, Kanger Protank, and a Nemesis clone. I think I also have a 1.8 Ohm coil available, otherwise I could wrap a coil myself (that's how I got started building coils. The website, I mentioned previously is suggesting to use a 1.85 Ohm coil as the sweet spot for power and adjustability. I could run a test with a AW IMR 18490 1100mAh, which would give you an idea of how long a AW IMR 18350 800mAh might last. PM me if you want me to give it a try.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nemesis clone by HCigar, Evolv Kick 2 & Kanger Protank 2 with supposedly 1.8 Ohm replacement coil (measured 1.92 Ohm).
I recommend using a 18350 IMR battery with a flat top. With the AW 18490/18500 (button top), I wasn't able to screw the tank in all the way, otherwise there would have been a problem with the firing button.
With the e-juice I was using, I had to dial down the wattage, almost all the way, otherwise, I would have gotten a consistent burnt flavor. I've had it set to the first mark on the potentiometer (slightly above 5 Watt). Still had the usual clouds, that you can expect from a Kanger Protank 2.
Having worked from home, I was vaping off and on all day, more than I usually do when in the office. I started vaping on the device at 11:30am, and the battery quit (not all empty though) at 5:30pm. The Kanger Protank is a little bit over half way empty.

I hope that helps.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi so im new to mods. I normally use my Kanger ego setup but im after something small just to get me through my breaks at work.

I came across the Nemesis Mod and what i was wanting to do is use that with a 18350 battery. Am i able to use a Kanger Protank with the Kanger 1.5 ohm dual coils? Would i need anything else to make that work, if it can work?
A kick and a nemi would work with the protank, is it that you want a tube mod rather than a box? A little istick will save you money, last longer and the like. With the nemi, baths and kick you're Gonne need a charger also. The istick has onboard charging, if you got the istick 30w you'll have en enough power if you decide to leave profane land AMD go Atlantis or rba

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18350s don't last long. I'm frustrated by them. The lure of the shortest smallest mod pulled me to the 18350 so now I have a Givo mod clone (an authentic just sold on ebay for $140...mine cost $20). Now that I'm "over" the lure of the 18350, give me dual 18650s in a box mod with at least variable wattage and maybe even temp control capability.

VU Sponsors