Become a Patron!

Help! No flavour from Aromamizer!?

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

Bought an Aromamizer which I was really stoked about, it arrived, I did a few builds on the velocity deck... but all of them are really lacking in flavour!

I've tried dual verticals, dual horizontals and now I'm on a dual vertical twisted kanthal a1 but still no flavour!
I'm using 26awg kanthal a1 and have 8 wraps per coil, dual vertical coil which is coming in around 0.3ohms. Plenty of thick vapour but no flavour!

Air flow is pointed direct around coils, I've tried removing the stock drip tip but still no flavour.

I've raised the coils as far as I can as suggested in some other posts, but still nothing!?!

Any ideas? Any better builds I could try?

ANY advice will be much appreciated!

I've included some pics so you can see my deck and see if I've fucked up...20160115_152658.jpg 20160115_152734.jpg

Attachments

• 20160115_152658.jpg
    20160115_152658.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 17

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've thought about it, but at the moment I only have 26awg Kanthal A1. I've ordered some Titanium so I can start doing TC coils but it hasn't arrived yet.

Once I've got hold of some more wires then I will try doing some claptons.

I've actually found a pretty sweet set-up for my Aromamizer after playing around with it a little bit today.

I've built a dual horizontal with a really small Internal Diameter, maybe 1.2mm and it is chucking flavour at me at the moment. Its a different eLiquid to what I've been trying though so I don't know whether this liquid is just particularly strong, or whether I have managed to find a coil set-up that I like. Either way, at the moment, I'm winning!

Thanks! :)

domct203

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Aromamizer gives great flavor with plain old 26awg NiChrome 80. Dual horizontal 2.5MM coils coming in at .6 ohm, 45W is perfect.

I just picked up some Clapton wire (26/32) to try as well.

Dom

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would suspect the ejuice. If you are producing thick vapor you should have at least good flavor. I'm using an Aromamizer as I type this, with a simple dual Ti 24g 9/8 wrap 2.5mm id at .12ohm and the flavor is really good. I make my own juice with premium ingredients so that may have something to do with it. It's a fine RTA, even with it's issues of no top fill and the rubber band afc it's one of my favorites.

gadgetkeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
just try tweaking your builds a little as a minor detail can make alot of difference

myself i like 3 to 3.5 mm coils in my aromamizer vertical

i keep them as tight to the center of the deck as poss real close to the posts ,as close as you can get without touching and shorting this gives the air intake more room and smoother flow ,

height i keep them pretty much centered between the top and bottom mounting holes ,high enough to put wicks in from top and pull out under the coils. and just below tops of posts.

wicking i like to pull out under the coils and trim realy tight to the edge of the base and then tease and fan it out as much as poss before lightly tucking it in under the coils still keeping it fanned and spread as much as you can ,tuck it in light and gentle and dont push it down to much as this will restrict juice flow somewhat .if needed grab the tops and give a little lift before trimming a couple of mm above coils and just about level or slightly above the tops of the posts.

juice it all up by dripping and dabbing juice to the build and fine dressing of the wicks a little just to tidy it up before putting the tank on.

building the coils is the easy part wicking i like to go the extra step to try and ensure i have maximum juice flow for the power and heat you are going to put to the coils .

low watts can still produce lots of vapor on the right build but you need to find that sweet warmth that brings out the flavor in different juices so upping the watts bit by bit until you get the flavor come through.

a fantastic coil will only shine if its wicked right.

here are a couple of my build pics to give an idea of my setup not the best looking builds but they give me plenty of flavor all from 26awg kanthal 3mm coils give slightly better airflow than 3.5mm as they just that bit smaller and not so close to the air intakes the twisted was 3.5 i did it again later at 3mm and it was better but no pics of that one. 1 Dual 26awg twisted 5mm id 7wrap=0.47ohm.jpg 1 26-32awg clapton 5wrap 3mm id 0.36ohm .JPG 1 26awg dual para 7wrap 3.5 id 0.26ohm.JPG 2 Dual 26awg twisted 5mm id 7wrap=0.47ohm.JPG

Last edited:

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all your help, guys.

Gadgetkeith, I love the look and sound of your builds, I'll give them a go!

Just ordered some Clapton wire as well so hoping they'll do the trick!

Thanks again :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive never enjoyed the Aromamizer much..Its Chimney its airflow is too wide at 4 holes pen (and only 2 aimed at the coils) and too tight with 2 holes closed. The build deck isnt as big as advertised and the Chimney chokes of any airflow you would need for better build for flavor in it. The wicking system is good only if you dont chain vape or drill out the juice inlets and the tank would almost always seem empty and when you unscrew it there is plenty of juice that flies out onto the floor...
This is the best build I fit into the Aromamizer and got semi decent results, I had to light on the wattage even with drilled out juice inlets.

Vertical or Horizontal doesnt really matter...the flavor always seem muted and the warmth isnt there...If you want better results then Angle your coils like this pic and have the coils slightly off center, this way the air comes in and hits the first coil and then hits the back of the opposing coil. This will make more heat and more flavor, just make sure you trim the cotton 3-4mm above the top of the coil and mushroom it out.
Aromamizer Build .jpg Aromamizer Build.jpg

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive never enjoyed the Aromamizer much..Its Chimney its airflow is too wide at 4 holes pen (and only 2 aimed at the coils) and too tight with 2 holes closed. The build deck isnt as big as advertised and the Chimney chokes of any airflow you would need for better build for flavor in it. The wicking system is good only if you dont chain vape or drill out the juice inlets and the tank would almost always seem empty and when you unscrew it there is plenty of juice that flies out onto the floor...
This is the best build I fit into the Aromamizer and got semi decent results, I had to light on the wattage even with drilled out juice inlets.

Vertical or Horizontal doesnt really matter...the flavor always seem muted and the warmth isnt there...If you want better results then Angle your coils like this pic and have the coils slightly off center, this way the air comes in and hits the first coil and then hits the back of the opposing coil. This will make more heat and more flavor, just make sure you trim the cotton 3-4mm above the top of the coil and mushroom it out.
View attachment 38485 View attachment 38486

Thanks for the advice. I'll deffo try out some of your suggestions.

If you're not a fan of the Aromamizer, what would you say is your preferred RDTA?

I've no doubt that dripping is best for flavour and vapour, but I need the convenience of a tank for when I'm at work or out and about.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the advice. I'll deffo try out some of your suggestions.

If you're not a fan of the Aromamizer, what would you say is your preferred RDTA?

I've no doubt that dripping is best for flavour and vapour, but I need the convenience of a tank for when I'm at work or out and about.
Ive seriously have bought and tried them all and my suggestion for a RTA is the Griffin for 22mm, VCMT and TFV4 for 25mm, and VCMT and Ohmega Alpha for 30mm. These tanks have less issues then any out the moment Im saying this (New RTA's are out everyday) and they dont disappoint.

Heres my comparison on the recent velocity style 22mm RTAs....I will be adding the Diablo and others as soon as they arrive.
Griffin Comparison.jpg Griffin Comparison .jpg Griffin Comparison  .jpg Griffin Comparison   .jpg

The Griffin has the most build room and easiest wicking, and can handle more wicking without choking. Its build deck is wider (Post to Post) then the Velocity RDA and its Chamber is almost as big, you can fit anything you want into it with room left over. They use 2mm postholes so no trouble fitting any gauge wire into them also. The wicking channels are large and the cuff ring allows you to set the cotton perfectly where you need it for best juice absorption. It wicks great, even with 90VG/10 PG, if you wick it correctly. It has one of the easiest top fills and can separate the deck from the tank to fix wicking or a build without draining juice. You can use your own drip tip with the adapter but the wide bore they use it pretty nice itself. The poles are sturdy and the overall build of the RTA is strong and professionally done, it does not seemed rushed into production.

I have Dual 2 x 22g/42g Fused Clapton 5 Wrap on a 3mm Bit (.12 Ohms) in my Griffin and its better then vaping any of my RDAs. I can take it above 150W and chain vape without a hiccup but I like to have it at the 110W mark, it is a warm, dense, flavorful vape.

The build in my Griffin with Chamber on it, the second pic is the same build in my Twisted Messes RDA:
Griffin Build.jpg22K 46N60 .jpg

The Griffin is one of the only tanks Ive seen that lives up to its hype and I use it everyday, I dont seem to pick anything else up now and I dont think I could go back to my other setups with all the issues they have and constantly fiddling with them to get them to work correctly,

The VCMT is basically the 25mm and 30mm of the Griffin, so if your looking at even more space and capacity then they might be up your alley.

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so I've looked them all up online and I love the sound of the Griffin. Deffo gonna pull the trigger on one of these when pay day comes around!

Seriously, dude, thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. Really appreciate it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay so I've looked them all up online and I love the sound of the Griffin. Deffo gonna pull the trigger on one of these when pay day comes around!

Seriously, dude, thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. Really appreciate it
No Problem, Fasttech just put up the Griffin clone if your on a budget for $17, if you want it quickly and dont mind paying a few bucks more then buy it off an Ebay top seller, its about the only place its in stock and I received mine in less then 4 days.

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In in the UK. Just found one in stock on a website, ÂŁ28 which I guess is around $45. Kinds pricey, hopefully worth it though!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In in the UK. Just found one in stock on a website, ÂŁ28 which I guess is around $45. Kinds pricey, hopefully worth it though!
That is slghtly above what they cost...I paid $38 with shipping for mine and thats above what most sites have it for but it was the only place with it in stock, either way its worth the money. Ive bought 3 Crius V3 and 2 Aromamizers and a fleet of other Velocity RTAs and if I just got the Griffin first I wouldnt of needed to waste them money on the others..
Dont forget to post your results after you get it and if you need any help or have questions when you receive it dont hesitate to ask.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep seeing the Griffin referenced as being a solid velocity-style RTA, is it suitable for a beginner to coil building?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I keep seeing the Griffin referenced as being a solid velocity-style RTA, is it suitable for a beginner to coil building?
I would say so and then it would be great to grow into, if you can build coils then this is the easiest type of deck style to work on, has more room to work with and the way the Griffin is setup its really easy to wick.

So as someone that just got an Aromamizer (came in yesterday) and is having the same issue of no flavor, but doesn't want to buy another tank... what are my options? I have dual vertical 24ga coils, 8 wraps. Comes in at .38ohms... I've tried low wattage, higher wattage... The wicks look great, and it's definitely sucking up the juice... BUT NO FLAVOR! It's so weird....

Anyone have any recommendations for me?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So as someone that just got an Aromamizer (came in yesterday) and is having the same issue of no flavor, but doesn't want to buy another tank... what are my options? I have dual vertical 24ga coils, 8 wraps. Comes in at .38ohms... I've tried low wattage, higher wattage... The wicks look great, and it's definitely sucking up the juice... BUT NO FLAVOR! It's so weird....

Anyone have any recommendations for me?
Read through the first page, read my posts..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did, but most of the posts just seem like you're wanting OP to get rid of his Aromamizer for some other RTA. Not really an option for me. I need to know how to make this baby work.
There were posts on how to build the Aromamizer to the best of its ability and how to wick it also...

OPPS Wrong Thread, Ill get the link for the thread I thought this was...Hold on

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Heres the Info:
First of all I use Fused Claptons on everything. They hold juice so wicking is more efficient and heat up slowly so it doesnt vaporize the juice and its harder to get dryhits. You have to make some really tiny Fused Claptons to fit in the Aromamizer (Nano Fused Claptons), I used 2 x 26g/40g in the picture. This will allow you more room in the chamber as it is small in the barrel....

I like doing the build at a angle and slightly off center, this makes it so the air hits the first coil then hits the back of the opposing coil. It creates more flavor and vapor and keeps everything cooler in the chamber. I dont have a pic of it wicked, I usually only take pics with bare coils...
If you do make them this way clip the cotton on the top about 4mm above the coil and fluff it out, make sure the bottom cotton is fluffed and can touch both juice ports.
Example of the coils being Angled:
Aromamizer Build .jpg

Thread your cotton through the top of the coil and pull it out the bottom with tweezers or something similar and pull it out enough so you can cut it flat. After cutting the cotton pull the cotton back through the coil a bit, you should be able to cover the entire deck if you fluff it out.
Cut the cotton at the top of the coil a few MM's above the last wrap and fluff is out like a mushroom.

Remember to start at a lower wattage and slowly work your way up while taking short pulls and gradually take longer pulls. When you find the perfect setting for you then leave it. After a tank or 2 you should be able to take long pulls or bump up the wattage some but dont do both all at once, like a woman go slow and you will be rewarded ;)

If you are willing to drill out your juice ports in the deck to 2.2mm each and add a smaller sized hole on the side closest to the deck edge, this will help with wicking when you go higher in wattages.

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
"Ive never enjoyed the Aromamizer much..Its Chimney its airflow is too wide at 4 holes pen (and only 2 aimed at the coils) and too tight with 2 holes closed. The build deck isnt as big as advertised and the Chimney chokes of any airflow you would need for better build for flavor in it. The wicking system is good only if you dont chain vape or drill out the juice inlets and the tank would almost always seem empty and when you unscrew it there is plenty of juice that flies out onto the floor...
This is the best build I fit into the Aromamizer and got semi decent results, I had to light on the wattage even with drilled out juice inlets."

Man, you must chain vape like a steam locomotive going up a grade. Bottom fill and rubber band afc are the only real "problems" with the Aromamizer. The tank holds >6 ml so I don't know why it would always seem empty. And if juice flies out onto the floor when you open it, try tipping the tank upside down before you attempt that. I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by the chimney is too wide, but it chokes the airflow. I never did see them advertise an actual size for the deck, but it's big enough to fit 2.5mm, 10 wrap spaced coils. Can't fit those on the Crius or Cthulhu. Airflow is subjective, some like it airy, some lean more towards mtl. Personally, wide open works for me on the Aromamizer.

And I find it curious when people say they get thick dense clouds out of the Aromamizer, but no flavor. Where do you think the flavor comes from? Vaporized ejuice is where, and if you have a lot of it ie; clouds, how could there be no flavor??

Looking forward to a Griffin in vapemail, hopefully it will be as advertised and avoid the myriad of issues the current crop of RTA's are compromised by....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"Ive never enjoyed the Aromamizer much..Its Chimney its airflow is too wide at 4 holes pen (and only 2 aimed at the coils) and too tight with 2 holes closed. The build deck isnt as big as advertised and the Chimney chokes of any airflow you would need for better build for flavor in it. The wicking system is good only if you dont chain vape or drill out the juice inlets and the tank would almost always seem empty and when you unscrew it there is plenty of juice that flies out onto the floor...
This is the best build I fit into the Aromamizer and got semi decent results, I had to light on the wattage even with drilled out juice inlets."

Man, you must chain vape like a steam locomotive going up a grade. Bottom fill and rubber band afc are the only real "problems" with the Aromamizer. The tank holds >6 ml so I don't know why it would always seem empty. And if juice flies out onto the floor when you open it, try tipping the tank upside down before you attempt that. I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by the chimney is too wide, but it chokes the airflow. I never did see them advertise an actual size for the deck, but it's big enough to fit 2.5mm, 10 wrap spaced coils. Can't fit those on the Crius or Cthulhu. Airflow is subjective, some like it airy, some lean more towards mtl. Personally, wide open works for me on the Aromamizer.

And I find it curious when people say they get thick dense clouds out of the Aromamizer, but no flavor. Where do you think the flavor comes from? Vaporized ejuice is where, and if you have a lot of it ie; clouds, how could there be no flavor??

Looking forward to a Griffin in vapemail, hopefully it will be as advertised and avoid the myriad of issues the current crop of RTA's are compromised by....
You have no idea...
In the thread for VerdeValleyVapes I post when I get my packages and ect...I realized that I go through alot of juice but I thought Im not the only one that does, upon posting how much juice I went through in the past three weeks all I got was jaw drops and WTF!?!??'s...I didnt think it wasnt normal to use 1300mls in 2-3 weeks....
This was 2-3 weeks ago when I got my order and filled my Unicorn bottles and such:
Juice.jpg

A few days ago before my next order arrived:
Empty Juice.jpg

gadgetkeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i just dont understand either how people say the flavor is muted but it chucks the vapor

you just need to work out the kinks in the builds on any atty to get it at its best

a couple of quick tips with the aromamizer

1 do away with the anti spitback driptip as it allows the condensation build up to drain back rather than escape
2 make sure you have two of the air holes positioned so they are directly in front of the coils even if you need to mark the base and adjust tank slightly to get them to align
3 when using vertical coils lean the tops of the coils in slightly so coils are at a slight angle and trim wicks either level or just above the tops of post to high and it will restrict airflow
4 enjoy

if you still think flavor is muted change your juice supplier and get some good stuff as there is plenty of flavor to be had from this atty

VU Sponsors