Become a Patron!

Help on building on my MVP3 pro

Todoboffin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have two questions.
1. Is it possible (and safe) to pulse on the MVP3 pro?
2. Does it have enough power to run a single coil clapton? .5ohm
I just got the new Tsunami RDA.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes, its safe to pulse coils on the MVP3 pro, although it can be a bit annoying with the 3 click lock I ended up locking the mod pulsing coils on it.

60W should be plenty for a single clapton, probably won't need to max it out.

Todoboffin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Crap, I didn't think about it locking on 3. LOL. I really need a newer mod..

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two questions.
1. Is it possible (and safe) to pulse on the MVP3 pro?
2. Does it have enough power to run a single coil clapton? .5ohm
I just got the new Tsunami RDA.

1. It's safe to pulse ANY mod. Now the wire used to build the coil may mean it's not a good idea to pulse the atomizer.
2. Yes, but you'll need to use small gauge wires to build it, might still want more wattage to run a clapton though.

Todoboffin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was gifted some pre-made claptons. Yes I'm very new to building but I have been vaping over a year and I learn new things about vaping almost on a daily basis. This is what it says on the tube the coils came in. I'm not 100% sure what all of it means and I won't install them until I do. Thats why I'm here talking to people that know more than me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
20160317_100534.jpg

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that 24/28 clapton wire.... 24awg wrapped in 28. Try some 26 or 28 wrapped in 32 or 34 it might work, fine for you. That wire you have is just too heavy for the wattage you have available. The wattage you have is plenty for claptons, just not heavy wire or big ones.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will certainly fire a single .5Ω coil - dual coils might be a little underpowered but might be ok it's hard to tell with regulated mods. It's worth a try for sure and you can always take one back out if it is weak with two :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw.... single or dual coil at .5 ohm is same wattage. If same number of volts are supplied. Now if you use the same or thicker wire to make the day they will be more massive. Requiring more power to reach same wire temps. Ohms determine watts NOT temperature. Wire size and grade determines temperature

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Todoboffin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What wattage do you think I will need to run that clapton coil in that picture above ^^^. Just one coil..

VU Sponsors