Become a Patron!

Help on moving up

hi everyone
Not new to vaping but still not too smart about things. Few questions to moving on from a starter kit to a more permanent and reliable vape pen.
I've been smoking 30 some years and went to vaping. I quit totally smoking cigarettes and was down to 1.5 nicotine but things happen and now I'm smoking more than I was when I started vaping.
My goal is to go back to vaping but I need more of a pen that lasts, battery way and basically burning just the oils.
I've been using the ijust2 starter kit and it's just not cost worthy anymore. Problems with the tank, charging them only lasts 30 days OR less. I need something that I can use for at least 6 months. I was thinking of the rechargeable batteries but unsure of where to start.
When I smoke the Ijust, I have the little green band wide open and I like the big smoke hits.
Ok that's all I I can think to add, please please help me switch! The benefits that i was feeling when I was vaping were real! I was so happy to be quittting and I am ready to do it again, but hopefully the changes I can make with a new and better pen will get me completely off of the cancer sticks and back to breathing clean again! Thank you thank you all for helping me!

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm a chain vaper. I bought the iJoy Captain with 2 20700 batteries and I still kill them in 8-10 hours. If you vape a LOT. The only thing you can do is get a mod that has rechargeable batteries and get 2-3 sets and a decent charger.

Also, I feel like this is a troll post. If it is, haha u got me. I responded...

Hi, thank you the advice! I use 2 ijusts in one day, so I am a "heavy vapor". As far as a troll....not sure what that is, but I'm definitely not!

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi, thank you the advice! I use 2 ijusts in one day, so I am a "heavy vapor". As far as a troll....not sure what that is, but I'm definitely not!
TROLL: A troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topicmessages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Wow, I came here for advice and get called a troll? Wow then never mind! Drama isn't what I came here for! Thanks again to max for the advice, but not interested in stirring the pot for idiots. Byeeeee

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I came here for advice and get called a troll? Wow then never mind! Drama isn't what I came here for! Thanks again to max for the advice, but not interested in stirring the pot for idiots. Byeeeee

Hold on to your panties, Irene. Learn how to comprehend the words you see. No one called you a troll. His words were, "Also, I feel like this is a troll post." That is not calling you a troll.

You are a troll. Now that is calling you a troll. Do you see the difference, or should I break it down for you?

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes, please don't take offence. It wasn't intended.

You weren't aware of what a troll was so someone graciously posted a definition. I wasn't calling you a troll. I just sort of had the feeling it was a troll post originally. I'm glad I could help you. I would also be happy to help in the future if you happen to have any more questions.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
hi everyone
Not new to vaping but still not too smart about things. Few questions to moving on from a starter kit to a more permanent and reliable vape pen.
I've been smoking 30 some years and went to vaping. I quit totally smoking cigarettes and was down to 1.5 nicotine but things happen and now I'm smoking more than I was when I started vaping.
My goal is to go back to vaping but I need more of a pen that lasts, battery way and basically burning just the oils.
I've been using the ijust2 starter kit and it's just not cost worthy anymore. Problems with the tank, charging them only lasts 30 days OR less. I need something that I can use for at least 6 months. I was thinking of the rechargeable batteries but unsure of where to start.
When I smoke the Ijust, I have the little green band wide open and I like the big smoke hits.
Ok that's all I I can think to add, please please help me switch! The benefits that i was feeling when I was vaping were real! I was so happy to be quittting and I am ready to do it again, but hopefully the changes I can make with a new and better pen will get me completely off of the cancer sticks and back to breathing clean again! Thank you thank you all for helping me!
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to PM me. Please don't let a few ill tempered members chase you away from the forum or vaping.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hi everyone

Do me a favor and don't go away because of the actions of one member. There are plenty of people that come here to exchange ideas and help. Myself included. Unfortunately this forum is like being on a busy street in NYC. Some people will be nice and some will not. If you need any help looking for a new setup feel free to PM me here. I will help you to the best of my ability. The most important thing is you stay off of cigarettes.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a chain vaper. I bought the iJoy Captain with 2 20700 batteries and I still kill them in 8-10 hours. If you vape a LOT. The only thing you can do is get a mod that has rechargeable batteries and get 2-3 sets and a decent charger.

Also, I feel like this is a troll post. If it is, haha u got me. I responded...

How did you get troll post from that? YOUR post on the other hand is a bit trollish.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For the record, I did not think that your question contained any elements that would warrant or elicit suspicions of trolling. I just gave you the info on what trolling means in social media. Its quite a common occurrence so i thought you would benefit from knowing the lingo. But please, keep on asking, learning and of course, stay off the cigarettes. Happy vaping!!

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How did you get troll post from that? YOUR post on the other hand is a bit trollish.

Just the wording I guess. Despite the fact I felt it may have been trollish, I still answered honestly. Seriously this thing got turned into a big deal over nothing. Hopefully OP doesn't get scared off over this small misunderstanding.

The problem with forums is you can't tell the tone of someones voice, or their body language when they are trying to convey a message. I had nothing but good intentions to help someone. My statements contained 0% malice.

@itsme Sorry if you have been offended in any way. I assure you (at least on my part) it was not intentional. If there is anything you need don't be afraid to ask. 99% of all the posts I've read around here have been helpful and constructive. Just like anything in life I guess though, there is always that 1%...

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Also by " rechargeable batteries" I should have said "removable batteries". As in, you can take the batteries out of your current device and replace them with fresh batteries. It's much cheaper to have a mod that you can swap out 2-3 sets of batteries rather than having 2-3 different mods all with batteries that cannot be removed.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just the wording I guess. Despite the fact I felt it may have been trollish, I still answered honestly. Seriously this thing got turned into a big deal over nothing. Hopefully OP doesn't get scared off over this small misunderstanding.

The problem with forums is you can't tell the tone of someones voice, or their body language when they are trying to convey a message. I had nothing but good intentions to help someone. My statements contained 0% malice.

@itsme Sorry if you have been offended in any way. I assure you (at least on my part) it was not intentional. If there is anything you need don't be afraid to ask. 99% of all the posts I've read around here have been helpful and constructive. Just like anything in life I guess though, there is always that 1%...
LOL What can I say! Certain remarks are just too PERILOUS to make! Lol. Maybe its just me, but i don't think she's coming back. :huh:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
WTF, you both intimated a new member with a legit thread post by using the word TROLL to scare her away. Whether directed at her or not the thread did not call for the use of that word. And here I thought we should be helping vapers, not scaring them off.

11140130_837673452936497_6564547871668172698_n.jpg

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
WTF, you both intimated a new member with a legit thread post by using the word TROLL to scare her away. Whether directed at her or not the thread did not call for the use of that word. And here I thought we should be helping vapers, not scaring them off.

View attachment 86453

You both???? I never even suggested that she was a troll. Just merely provided info so she could understand the reply. Again, i repeat, i found nothing "trollish" about her question.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would also like to point out that MaxPerilous made copious apologies for what he said even though he didn't directly called her a troll, he merely said he was suspicious. Either way, if you cant accept a candid apology, and i'm not saying she hasn't, since perhaps she hasn't read the posts since, then the problem is not MaxPerilous. Something was said that offended someone's sensibilities, apologies where made, end of the story! Move on!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You both???? I never even suggested that she was a troll. Just merely provided info so she could understand the reply. Again, i repeat, i found nothing "trollish" about her question.

Neither did I. However, I found her responses to be interesting. "As far as a troll....not sure what that is, but I'm definitely not!"

"Wow, I came here for advice and get called a troll? Wow then never mind! Drama isn't what I came here for! Thanks again to max for the advice, but not interested in stirring the pot for idiots. Byeeeee"

Bit of a dramatic exit, imo.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Neither did I. However, I found her responses to be interesting. "As far as a troll....not sure what that is, but I'm definitely not!"

"Wow, I came here for advice and get called a troll? Wow then never mind! Drama isn't what I came here for! Thanks again to max for the advice, but not interested in stirring the pot for idiots. Byeeeee"

She called us idiots! I'm offended! Where is the moderator on this! lol

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I agree with you! Way overreacted!

VU Sponsors