Become a Patron!

Help, please Smok Nord 2 & Pacha Salt BURNED COILS

I love Pacha Strawberry Watermelon 25 mg salt nic and I am having a terrible time with burnt coils in my Smok Nord 2. I prime my coils and wait 20-30 mins, I’ve used RPM .08-1 coils and I get about 400-600 pulls before I start to get that burnt taste. I’ve also used the regular coils .04-1 and I get about 200-300 pulls before I get the burnt taste. I always vape at 10 watts and I always use the Nord coils. According to the counter on my Nord I average about 600 pulls a day. I love the capacity and portability of the Nord is there a better vape device for me or do I need to use a different wattage on my Nord to maximize coil life? I’m tired of buying coils and I am open to suggestions.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You must mean .8 and .4Ω. Decimal in wrong place....?
10W seems low for at least the .4 but there's no right wattage for what someone likes, and 10W on that coil should prolong it's life.
Do you rinse the pod out every once in a while?

I think usually salts is for mtl like perhaps that .8, and .4 better suited for freebase nic.

Could be badly manufactured coils. Smok is, at least in the past, kinda known for that.

I found this, but I suspect if I dug further I would find non smok coils that fit.
Screenshot_2.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If the .4 is the issue then its most likely the salts on that one and you could use freebase instead. Running .4 @ 10W isn't enough wattage to efficiently vaporize so it will gunk up the coil and make it taste bad.

To stay at around 10w, go .8 or higher and you could stay w/salts. Lower you'll want freebase and more power, which means your 1500Mah won't last as long. In such a scenario, you could run 2 devices., 1 with more [battery amps(= more Mah)].

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
BTW, Welcome to VU :)

I know there are some here that use/have used Nord/RPM type devices/coils and probably have more info than me.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always vape at 10 watts and I always use the Nord coils.
If you've had past success using this juice, wattage, and coil it may just be a bad batch of coils.
The nord .8 ohm coil is rated for 16 watts. Running too low will cause some carmelization of unvaporized juice on the coil. This will gunk it up, slow the wicking, and lead to a faster burn out, and nasty taste. The sweeter the juice the quicker it gunks.
I also don't think any coil below .8 Is suited for 25mg salt nic and certainly not 10 watts.

I only dabble in pods and use mostly rebuildables, which is the only path when you are truly tired of buying coils.
Had a nord years ago and never had any luck with the coils lasting.
I did buy a Smok RPM 25 that uses the new LP1 coils recently. Was very surprised at the improvement and found them to be excellent for flavor and longevity.

Lots of pods out there, see what your local shops have and bounce it back on the forum for anyone that may have used it. Hope this helps...

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
N/m actually, had a question bout those lp1 coils is all

Guess i will ask it, cuz u might know, they look like they either fit directly in a bb or dont fit and cant be used in a bridge, just curious.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
N/m actually, had a question bout those lp1 coils is all

Guess i will ask it, cuz u might know, they look like they either fit directly in a bb or dont fit and cant be used in a bridge, just curious.
Would definitely need a bridge, they just look bigger and similar on the box 😃
I've never seen a bridge for them.

VU Sponsors