Become a Patron!

Help please!

I recently started vaping to quit smoking and was doing really good i started out with the 24 mg juice and went down to 18 because the 24 was making me nauseous. But with the 18 i am getting headaches from lack of nicotine. What should i do?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently started vaping to quit smoking and was doing really good i started out with the 24 mg juice and went down to 18 because the 24 was making me nauseous. But with the 18 i am getting headaches from lack of nicotine. What should i do?
That's funny, 18mgs gives me a headache for being TOO MUCH nicotine...using sub ohm tanks and RDA's at 50-70w or so I've cut my nic back to 5mgs...no headache and I get my nic fix in two or three hits...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

That's funny, 18mgs gives me a headache for being TOO MUCH nicotine...using sub ohm tanks and RDA's at 50-70w or so I've cut my nic back to 5mgs...no headache and I get my nic fix in two or three hits...

Ive got a kangertech evod vv with a gs air tank thats all inknow lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive got a kangertech evod vv with a gs air tank thats all inknow lol

Sorry I can't help more as I've never vaped that mod or tank before...might be others here that could provide a better answer than I can .

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wonder if it would help to possibly read up on subtanks, more power but less needed nic mg , take a look around and see what the subtanks are like, it may just be that in-between type of tank that will help. Good luck!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Headaches could be coming from the changes of not having cigarettes, too. I went through a lot of changes when I switched. Just sayin', it might not be the nic level, it could just be your body adjusting. Kind of like going through withdrawal. There's a lot of stuff in cigarette smoke that's not going into your body anymore. Drink lots of water, or at least Gatorade or Powerade, especially now. Vaping can be dehydrating, too. If this is what's going on, you'll level out, just hang in there. If the headaches continue, maybe go to 12mg and see how that does for you.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What Whiskey said, too. Are using this as subohm? After looking into that tank a bit, I just realized it can be used for sub. It you are, definitely reduce the nic level.

What Whiskey said, too. Are using this as subohm? After looking into that tank a bit, I just realized it can be used for sub. It you are, definitely reduce the nic level.
I honestly don't know i just got the evod vv pen and needed a tank for it and thats what the people at the vape shop told me would be best for it im still extremely new at all this and don't know what subohm means lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I honestly don't know i just got the evod vv pen and needed a tank for it and thats what the people at the vape shop told me would be best for it im still extremely new at all this and don't know what subohm means lol

Well, it would help to know how many ohms your coil is. Did they happen to mention it, or is there a box you can look at? The coils sometimes have the ohms stamped on them. If it's above 1.0 ohms, it's not sub-ohm. If it's like 0.5 or something like that, then it is. Anything below 1.0

Well, it would help to know how many ohms your coil is. Did they happen to mention it, or is there a box you can look at? The coils sometimes have the ohms stamped on them. If it's above 1.0 ohms, it's not sub-ohm. If it's like 0.5 or something like that, then it is. Anything below 1.0
It is 1.5ohms

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd say if the headaches get worse, bring your nic down, maybe. Stay hydrated, and see how that does for you. Keep us posted!

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Thank you...i took some ibuprofen earlier and it seems to be gone for right now. I will definitely keep everyone posted.

Our shop bases everything on How many packs you smoked per day & what brand. Our recommendations have done wonders! So if I may ask... How many packs per day did you smoke & what brand?

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I went from smoking to vaping I had the worst headaches and insomnia. I thought I was losing my mind. I stuck it out a few days though and it eased up with help from ibuprofen and lots of water. I started out at a 24 nic as well which was way too much. I went down to an 18 then a 12, now I have a subohm tank and down to a three. Baby steps! Hang in there.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to smoke a pack a day of marlboro black red 100s 2 weeks ago. Started vaping@ 18% ,went to 12%, and now 0%

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

If the nic feels too low try upping your watts if u on a vv device or bulding a little lower on unregulated 1i mg is pretty high flr my persoal taste n IMO should be ple to get u off the stinkies

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Swoop_81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If u have a sub ohm tank then the nic acts as if it's doubled. What I mean by this is... a 3mg will b like a 6mg, a 6mg will act as a 12mg and so on.

Swoop_81

VU Sponsors