Become a Patron!

Help please.

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on who makes the best clones( ehpro,hcigar,infinite, etc). I am looking to get my first mech mod so I've decided on a clone. Some of the questions I have are
1. Magnets or springs in the firing button?
2. What materials are the best?
3. Where is best place to look for a good clone?

Any advice is helpful. I have good batteries (Sony vtc5). All my batteries are 18650. I usually build coils around 1.0-1.4 ohms.

Borescoped

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Currently I'm not using any clones... but I didn't stay at a Holliday Inn last night! I've heard that Infinite is making some pretty good ones right now.

Having said that:

1. Magnets
2. Depends if you are going for durability (SS) or conductivity (brass, copper, silver/gold/rhodium plating)
3. IMO, watch some reviews like Vapingwithtwisted420. He often does head to head (real deal vs. clone) reviews. Also check out Suck My Mod on YT, Matt does some head to head comparisons also I think.

Sounds like good batteries you have (something you should never go cheap on IMO), and the resistances you build normally are pretty safe.

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Avoid Tobeco unless you get to examine it in person. Hcigar and Infinite are both very good, Ehpro just slightly below them for most things.

There's a ton of random distributors with their own branding like Ivopo, Joylife. They actually all use a very small selection of machine shops and just contract stock and put it in their own packaging. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Hcigar and Infinite are made in the same place, for example.

101Vape, have a pretty good track record of weeding out poorly made clones and selling the best from various distributors.

And there are certain clone mods that are just better to avoid altogether. Like the aluminum capped Sentinel where the threads are so soft you strip them in a week, any painted Steel Nemesis they paint the threads, and it causes hot button issues, it's more trouble than it's worth to clean the threads out to make it not try to kill you. Or the black coated Copper Stingray doesn't have an adjustable positive pin, so a lot of attys don't sit flush, and that's a big problem on copper if it gets knocked over, as the leverage on an atty can strip out your 510.

VU Sponsors